It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White students forced to stay at failing school

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AvrilDupre

FYI: My children are not in this school system and I did not personally receive the letter. I have not contacted this school board for an explanation. My children attend a fantastic public school in another parish. I find this to be disgraceful to our children of ALL races as well as encourages people to look at others by their skin color and reinforces a racial aspect where there should be none.

"White students forced to stay at failing school."

Your title.

You made a boo boo.

Err..in what way did the OP make a "boo boo" with the title?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Larrelye

This type of Bureaucratic nonsense begins to become common. It's a shame really. The education system has focused itself so much on appearing diversified. This has lead to detrimental effects on the primary purpose of education. Oh well.

I would very much like the see parents organize into a single faction that can effectively oppose the power behind these types of actions. Into a faction that can press for true education as opposed to the federal mandates the schools are held to. Sadly, I don't see that as a possibility.

Too much inter-species drama and too little inter-species cooperation.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Larrelye

We must make sure there are enough white students at these schools so that these schools can continue to receive funding. If there weren't any white students, the school's attendance and overall academic achievements would fall short of zero percent.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Adding an edit to make sure that everyone knows that having lighter skin indicates higher ability to succeed.

Just wanted to make that clear.

Also, heil hitler and I hate goldfish because they are orange. BURN THE GOLDFISH.
edit on 9-8-2012 by BottledWater because: screw goldfish

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoreThanTheSum
As an "African American", I actually prefer the term black when used to describe me, however that is second to what I most prefer--either simply MAN, which I am, or learn my name. That solves the "what to call people" problem quite handily. When I look at people, I honestly don't see white or black first. If we're going to be analytical, I see sex first, age, then I learn their name. It's a simple three step process. Without all this muddling that bringing race into it does.

AMEN!!! Im not white or black, so Im irrelevant. You blacks and whites think you have the corner of the market on racism, racist policies that effect you and infiltrated and manipulated culture.
I tell y you this.. Im sick and tired of the american indian, native american or indian debate. For Gods sake.. Im a dark skinned American and what do you care what color or ethnic group Im in any more than you should concern yourself with my religion, sexuality, or etc. If you're going to call me anything, call me Ma'am to get my attention and ask my freaking name. I understand that when people look at someone they describe them by the most prominent feature : that GIRL over there, the REDHEAD, that BLACK GUY. Big whoop. Not EVERYTHING is racist.

Now this school thing, they do the scam different here. They get money for warm seats and we have about an even spread of black and white due to living so close to east st louis and the amount of rentals here. No lie or racism.. its a demographic fact. SO we have a pretty even spread. Our kids knowledge for life is deplorable.. yet we have a AAA rated school. They were 2 yrs behind our last school and our local paper was whining about the number of illiterate children that we are churning out of our AAA school. This isnt racism.. this is all about money wrapped in thinly veiled references to skin color to keep your eye off of the ball. I work with some of these kids.. they cant even fill out a job app yet graduated. Its bad here to say one thing about the horrible "education" any kids are getting and even worse to mention how badly the black kids are doing. If they are doing bad.. then fix it. Provide them what they need.. maybe someone who understands or is immersed in their culture... just like my relatives demanded. We got the same crap curriculum but actual grades went up. Its not a superior or inferior thing. Its stupid to think everyone thinks alike and learns alike. Some will say Im proposing segregation.. and in a way I am. All black this and that.. all black colleges. No problem All black neighborhood and schools.. no prob.

My controversial statement for the day is.. quit whining for Gods sake. Blacks can fix their own cultural problems.. and its a young culture if you look at it historically... and dont need white hands manipulating anything or so-called helping. Im sort of looking in from the outside.. my observation is that blacks whine and use excuses for their cultural failures... and whites pretend they are helping blacks when they really treat the blacks like morons and call it help.. manipulating things for money. That negrophilia sure hit the nail on the head! Stop blaming things and pull yourselves up. My parents sure did and I love them for it. They are rez born but I was not. I was given the opportunity to succeed and I did. I wouldnt have if I was born there I dont think. At least not the same opportunities. Blacks segregate themselves and live on a freaking rez yet dont know it it seems. PLEASE take a look at all black cities like East St Louis.. its a crumbling craphole and the schools are junk. They are in the paper constantly.. even the teachers are stealing laptops, and etc. Get rid of them. If people are handing you stuff. welfare generationally, housing, etc.. they freaking OWN you. SO you do bad in school cause its stupid to be a nerdy white kid... and you have what?? You live on a reservation and youre OWNED. Blacks have a new slave master.. and its the federal government.

Rant over. This happens when I am having a bout of insomnia and a hellacious headache.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

We are discussing this topic on ATS LIVE tonight in the FIRST hour....if any of yall would like to call in and discuss we would LOVE to have you!! It does not matter your stance on the matter - we welcome all opinions !!

ATS LIVE THREAD here

edit on August 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by SyphonX

No, you just don't realize the amount of privilege you have because you are white. You are oblivious to it because you have most likely are not often in situations where you are the minority. Read over this

So much talk of white privelidge in this thread I decided to visit your link to see what I'm missing out on. Not much it seems! My rebuttal to these points is in bold.

1. I can if I wish arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.
Blacks or any race can too? As far as I know. No rules on who they may associate with. In fact I'm pretty sure most african americans hang out exclusively with african americans.

2. I can avoid spending time with people whom I was trained to mistrust and who have learned to mistrust my kind or me.
If this means what I think it does, no I can't avoid them.

3. If I should need to move, I can be pretty sure of renting or purchasing housing in an area which I can afford and in which I would want to live.
Pretty sure I can't and have been denied multiple times, my credit is not good enough yet. Being white doesn't give me a good credit score, however there are many housing programs (some listed here www.ehow.com...) to help minorities.

4. I can be pretty sure that my neighbors in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me.
So teach your "brothas" in your area to be more neutral and pleasant? Hmm

5. I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.
Again, it's not the area you live in, but who lives there. Why are white people blamed for being more peaceful?

6. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.
I can read the front page of the newspaper here in my city too and see all races represnted, though certain races are usually not in a positive light, by actions none other than their own.

7. When I am told about our national heritage or about "civilization," I am shown that people of my color made it what it is.
Really? When did this guy go to school? Never heard of black history month?

8. I can be sure that my children will be given curricular materials that testify to the existence of their race.
Really? I am white and went to a near all-white school but had to celebrate and make many projects for black history month and learn all about african history even though the subject never interested or pertained to me at all.

10. I can be pretty sure of having my voice heard in a group in which I am the only member of my race.
Not true at all, good luck trying to get the Vietnamese I used to work with to understand what I was saying.

11. I can be casual about whether or not to listen to another person's voice in a group in which s/he is the only member of his/her race.
You never worked with Giselle, an African american woman I used to work with. If you din't listen to giselle you was getting it.

pt ii continued...
edit on 20-8-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

continued from last post

12. I can go into a music shop and count on finding the music of my race represented, into a supermarket and find the staple foods which fit with my cultural traditions, into a hairdresser's shop and find someone who can cut my hair.

Really? I'm pretty sure if I go into a music store 85% of the music in there is rap or hip hop. And when they start selling haggis in the supermarket, then you can complain about them not selling fufu or ugali in the supermarket. last I checked, there's no shortage of barbers in my city (one literally named "Hood cutz") that will only serve a black clientele.

13. Whether I use checks, credit cards or cash, I can count on my skin color not to work against the appearance of financial reliability.
Unless you're dealing with a 70 year old cashier, I really don't think the generation of most cashiers really see minorities that way anymore. Most cashiers are teenagers who really have no life experience.

14. I can arrange to protect my children most of the time from people who might not like them.
How is this a white privilege? I'm pretty sure anyone can protect their children, if they are good parents...

15. I do not have to educate my children to be aware of systemic racism for their own daily physical protection.
Again, really? In this day in age?

16. I can be pretty sure that my children's teachers and employers will tolerate them if they fit school and workplace norms; my chief worries about them do not concern others' attitudes toward their race.
This one had me laughing, because of the thread it's in.

17. I can talk with my mouth full and not have people put this down to my color.
I have never seen anyone putting people talking with their mouth full "down to color." I usually put it down to being rude and disgusting.

18. I can swear, or dress in second hand clothes, or not answer letters, without having people attribute these choices to the bad morals, the poverty or the illiteracy of my race.
[I guess this is the only true one I see here and can agree with. If I saw a white person doing this though I would attribute it to them being a moron.

I'm ending it there... this stuff is too ridiculous.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join