It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White students forced to stay at failing school

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

FYI: My children are not in this school system and I did not personally receive the letter. I have not contacted this school board for an explanation. My children attend a fantastic public school in another parish. I find this to be disgraceful to our children of ALL races as well as encourages people to look at others by their skin color and reinforces a racial aspect where there should be none.

"White students forced to stay at failing school."

Your title.

You made a boo boo.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
what ethnicities equal white?

im confused, i'm not sure if i'm white.. should i stay or should i go?!

edit on 8-8-2012 by LoveU because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoveU
what ethnicities equal white?

im confused, i'm not sure if i'm white.. should i stay or should i go?!

edit on 8-8-2012 by LoveU because: (no reason given)

There's no way to know if you're white or not, by yourself. You have to ask other people what they think.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
if i'm white but i get a deep bronze summer tan (as i often do)

am i still white?

or i have to wait until i lose my tan to be white again?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
You could almost say

"Hey, the buildings on fire, White kids leave last"

"Hey, the ship is sinking, White kids get off last"

"Hey, your life is about to be screwed up by a poor educational system, but you're white and its payback time sucka!!"

This is horrible news. I wonder how parents of Black children received the news? Wonder if they thought it was racist?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Larrelye

That is seriously messed up! No surprise, though, since his "highness" recently signed an EO to improve education for only ONE portion of students.

I was a victim (yes, correct word) of the "desegregation" (bussing) way back in the day. Ended up at a school that was so imbalanced that there were only 4-6 white kids in the entire sixth grade. And, yes, there were issues. No, the white minority kids weren't causing them.

That school should be sued for discrimination.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Maybe it is single-parent households, or maybe it is transportation, or maybe it is standardized testing, poverty, I don't know, but it looks like they want more white kids and less black kids in that school to fix their problem.

Exactly my man, exactly. A disturbing example. If they spread out the "failing" group, then perhaps the white students would perform well enough to raise the grade? I'd like to know the demographics of that school.

Those vacancies would simply open to others that they can bus in.

Edit: Yup, just as i had though. Take a look Rayville Elementary School. That leaves a nasty taste in my mouth honestly.
edit on 6-8-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

Did you notice their deceptive little pie chart? It shows shading that looks like the demographics are close to 50/50, but the numbers below state 103 white, and 461 black. Bad taste, indeed! However, in the country we have since the last big election, anti-white is allowed, and promoted.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Maybe it is single-parent households, or maybe it is transportation, or maybe it is standardized testing, poverty, I don't know, but it looks like they want more white kids and less black kids in that school to fix their problem.

Exactly my man, exactly. A disturbing example. If they spread out the "failing" group, then perhaps the white students would perform well enough to raise the grade? I'd like to know the demographics of that school.

Edit: Yup, just as i had though. Take a look Rayville Elementary School. That leaves a nasty taste in my mouth honestly.

Did you notice their deceptive little pie chart? It shows shading that looks like the demographics are close to 50/50, but the numbers below state 103 white, and 461 black. Bad taste, indeed! However, in the country we have since the last big election, anti-white is allowed, and promoted.

I noticed and posted about it on page 10. But we dont have an answer yet.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by coop039

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

I noticed and posted about it on page 10. But we dont have an answer yet.

I saw that, after I posted. Very different from their misleading little pie chart! I would bet we would not get an answer from the school, if we asked them about it, either.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

And why do we have laws like this...it's not because white people are the poor victim...it is because of our racist past. In this parish...even after de-segregation laws were passed...whites just didn't want their kids going to school with black kids...so they transfered them to schools that were more "white". That left some schools as "all black" schools...thus...violating de-segregation laws.

So sorry..."whites" made their bed in that parish...now they have to sleep in it.

I find this profoundly disturbing. These kids, black or white, are completely innocent of the crap that went on in the past. They ALL deserve a fair shake.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
If you're black these days and most other decades for the past 200 years, you're responsible for all the welfare, robbing, raping, assaults, murders, drug sales, drug use, poverty, improper grammar, lower IQ, and glorification of criminal media.

Still with the "poor me" attitude huh RealSpoke? It is most certainly NOT bad to be black these days.. you have your own television program (i.e. BET), scholarships all day, and the almighty race card. Criminal activity and drug use has been glamorized by the African American community.. so don't blame it on the the whites.. don't believe me? Lil Wayne. Case and point.

This would have happened to ANY RACE that was the minority in the school.
Right.. and the NAACP would have been all over this.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by openlocks
reply to post by WP4YT

Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but I think it might be.

And this statement says it all, such graceful intelligence you exuberate!

Anyone who thinks White people have it worse than "people of color" in this country are so far removed from reality they cannot even be taken serious, in any context. The sad part about this is, I have a feeling most of you are not just paid shills for the republican party, but ARE actually serious.

You know, it really wouldn't hurt you guys to pick up a book or two once in a while, and no I am not talking about Bill O'Reilly's or Glenn Beck's new book!

"The black man doesn't need to be taught how to love the white man. The white man has to be taught how to love the black man." - Malcolm X
edit on 7-8-2012 by openlocks because: (no reason given)
Wow.. so because you use big expensive words in your responses, and counter arguments with a Malcom X clip we should all go read a book? You obviously have no idea what Malcom X stood for so maybe it is you who needs to go read a book.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The whole thing is absurd.

When the powers that be start running down the race list, that I have a problem with.

"Oh, there's WAY too many whites over there, lets keep them there and bus blacks over here. And there's not enough Hondurans in this school, so let's bus them from over here to over there. We need to insure every race is represented in every school. What? There aren't any Indians in that school? Well get on the horn! We need some Indians in this school!"

By this way of thinking, enclaves of minorities in the US such as Chinatown, Little Italy or any of the Polish, Russian or Somali neighborhoods are racist on their face. They can't be allowed to live together! They need to be spread out through the general population!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Why are people moaning?

There biggest issue from my teacher mates who work in inner city schools is the fact that not only is English a fifth language which slows the classes down to almost stalling, but the trouble is always surrounding those of non-white British origin.

I think, as someone said, this would be a chance for the school to start again.

I can bet you any money in the world, if this happened and all the white kids stayed back, within a few years that school would be right back up.

I know I'd be called racist for saying that, but there seems to be a real issue especially within the black community of gaining an education being perceived as some form of weakness! Its not just in Britain it would seem, which is why I do feel this is a problem with black people in general and black people need to address this. Of course we have stupid white kids trying to be black kids and other stupid white kids who are just stupid, but I feel and all the teachers I know feel that there is a real issue with education and black youngsters that just gets brushed under the carpet and its not just a case of teachers not relating to black kids, or some other dumb excuse.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

Originally posted by openlocks
reply to post by WP4YT

Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but I think it might be.

And this statement says it all, such graceful intelligence you exuberate!

Anyone who thinks White people have it worse than "people of color" in this country are so far removed from reality they cannot even be taken serious, in any context. The sad part about this is, I have a feeling most of you are not just paid shills for the republican party, but ARE actually serious.

You know, it really wouldn't hurt you guys to pick up a book or two once in a while, and no I am not talking about Bill O'Reilly's or Glenn Beck's new book!

"The black man doesn't need to be taught how to love the white man. The white man has to be taught how to love the black man." - Malcolm X
edit on 7-8-2012 by openlocks because: (no reason given)
Wow.. so because you use big expensive words in your responses, and counter arguments with a Malcom X clip we should all go read a book? You obviously have no idea what Malcom X stood for so maybe it is you who needs to go read a book.

Very true, but I think the exact quote he has used sums up the issue today with race...

Its this view that black people generally see, its not a black person's problem, its a white problem, its not a black person failing, its a white person keeping him down, its not a balck person killing, its a white person making him kill, its not racist to hate white people, its racist for whites to hate black people. This is the problem at the moment and I don't see it ever changing at this rate.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Their pie graph doesn't reflect the numbers shown below which is the actual number of students of each race in the school .... the graph shows half and half but below it says
"White 103
Black 461"

I think maybe the school needs to take a math class to learn how to use the PIE!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that =D

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I tend to agree with you. Now, I am not saying white people can't do poorly in school, but generally speaking they do better than your average poor black youth. (and let me tell ya, the worst student I ever met was a white guy, got a zero in every class, not joking). So this is really about money not race in the end.

How are teachers expected to teach kids anything when most of these kids don't even enter with basic life skills? You want to point fingers, look in the mirror. If your kid if flunking everything it probably has something to do with you.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

thank you for doing some sleuthing and finding this link. what a telling story. 461 black students 491 free lunches being provided daily. hmmm. I think this homogenization of America is sickening. Diversity is good but let it come naturally and allow racial autonomy and mutual respect. I feel like the gov't is trying to turn america an off shade of white as quickly as they can. I don't know why but thats what it seems like to me? anyone else get that feeling?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
what about you realspoke lol

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join