It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Christopher "Superman" Reeve Dies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just read the news when i signed on.For me(i'm a quad)when i first heard he had been paralyzed in the horse riding accident was the big shock.Just knowing what he was gonna have to go through after the accident was most saddening.I've been a quad for 14yrs and every day is a struggle.Infections,decubitus ulcers,been through all that.Glad there's modern tech to help but the struggle will always be there.Rest in peace Chris.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Mr. Reeve always said that he'd walk again. I'm sure that wherever he is now, he is indeed walking again.

He was a Superman in many, many ways. His fight will not be forgotten.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PARALYZ
Just read the news when i signed on.For me(i'm a quad)when i first heard he had been paralyzed in the horse riding accident was the big shock.Just knowing what he was gonna have to go through after the accident was most saddening.I've been a quad for 14yrs and every day is a struggle.Infections,decubitus ulcers,been through all that.Glad there's modern tech to help but the struggle will always be there.Rest in peace Chris.

PARALYZ, well said.

Any spinal injury is devastating. Most ulcers develop when a 'wheelie' can't do what is called
a 'pressure lift'...meaning that when one confined to a 'chair' the buttocks must be totally
lifted from the cushion for 90sec every 15min.

Sanc'.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What more can one say.
In other post, we talk about respect towards your president.
I do differ in my opinions on that subject. But, had your president done half as much as Chistopher Reeves has done for mankind, he would have our respect.
That MAN was really SUPER.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I remember news of his accident - what a shock. Someone so fit, suddenly so helpless.

I hope some good can come from his passing, and people will see that stem cell research should go on. Properly controlled, it can go towards helping humanity.

Rest in peace

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Winamp is playing: Dizzy Mizz Lizzy - Bring Back Superman

R.I.P

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join