It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-A "non-story" exposes the Hypocritical agenda of LGBT Community.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
So, this while Chick-fil-A thing made me start thinking a couple of points.

1. The Hypocrisy of the LGBT Community is truly a sight to behold
  2. The LGBT Community really isn't quite the unseen masses they proport to be.

To this point, I note the "outrage" that was posted everywhere about the intolerant religious right when they threatened boycotts of Kraft Foods and more specifically the Oreo brand.

Now we all knew that this would never happend because those toothless mobs need to feed on deep-fried Oreos at the local county fairs and NASCAR races, but none the less - we were all blugened to death with the outrage and condecention on these people for threatening to not purchase a food product because of the very public, very intentional PUBLIC FACEBOOK POSTING IN SUPPORT OF GAY PRIDE.

Now mind you - this was Oreo bringing the heat on themselves. They posted a picture on their facebook Fan Page knowing full well it would illicit reactions from consumers - many of whom would not share their views.

-----------------------------------

Contrast this with the the president of Chick-fil-A who was interviewed by a Baptist website and in that interview affirmed his support for the traditional confines of marriage and his non-support for gay marriage.

Now, Chick-fil-A didn't post on their facebook page, their TV ads, the newspaper, or even a tweet anything about not supporting gay marriage. They answered questions in an interview to a FREAKING CHURCH...

But that didn't stop the stampede from jumping all over them and attempting a boycott, protests, and for some GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS TO BLOCK CHICK-FIL-A FROM OPERATING IN THEIR JURISDICTIONS!?!?!?

-----------------------------------

So lets compare and contrast this

Oreo makes an intentionally public announcement of supporting Gay Pride - Chick-Fil-A made comments in non-secular interview for a church website.

Oreo suffered 20,000 facebook comments and probably some dirty looks from rednecks as they ate their cookies. Chick-Fil-A has been threatened with governmental interference in their legal rights to do business within certain cities because the presiding officials of those cities dont agree with their Constitutional right to free speech.

Rednecks are intolerant fools for disagreeing with Oreo - but the LGBT is setting the example for tolerance in their reaction to comments made in an interview to a church...

Yep - pretty sure this hypocrisy defined.

-----------------------------------------

LAST BUT NOT LEAST

The reaction to the LGBT community's plans for Chick-Fil-A couldn't have more clear in that - unlike what they'd have you believe - there really are not that many closet/quiet/suppressed gays running all over America just that were so offended.

In fact, Chick-Fil-A had RECORD SALES AND LONG LINES that literally caused some stores to close early because they were out of food.

Yet the great "Kiss-In" that was planned WAS AN EPIC FAIL no matter how you try to spin it.

This points to something VERY VERY fundamental and true about the world, and America specifically:

There are a great many people that consider themselves Gay. There are many who are gay but are not "out" yet. But in no way should any of us believe, even for a second, that the population percentages of strait v/s gay is even fractionally measurable.

Bottom line is the LGBT community is a minority, it is not going to "grow" as other minorities often do because it's not an immigration issue. There are not millions of latent gays just waiting for their big chance - the mass hysteria that goes on concerning this is nothing more than good ratings and political ammo.

*** DISCLAIMER: I really could care less about civil unions or state marriages (legal marriages) between gay couples. I'm a Christian, but I look at this issue as a "Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's, give unto the Lord what is the Lord's". I know some feel that it will destroy the moral fabric of America - I think gay people getting insurance together is the least of our "moral fabric" worries.

edit on 6-8-2012 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

The LGBT mob wants Christians to be closeted and ostrasized for believeing the BIble. They want to brand Christianity as "Hate" like I mentioned in my thread that got 40 pages plus of replies... Thats their aim.. to outlaw Jesus for saying what they do is sin.. (And yes he did)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1

The LGBT mob wants Christians to be closeted and ostrasized for believeing the BIble. They want to brand Christianity as "Hate" like I mentioned in my thread that got 40 pages plus of replies... Thats their aim.. to outlaw Jesus for saying what they do is sin.. (And yes he did)

The officially designated Christian based Hate groups - - - are so for putting out false information and inflammatory propaganda.

Not because they are Christian or anti-gay.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1

There are many in the LGBT community who are Christians. There are Christians who truly follow the teachings of Christ. Those teachings are to love God with all your heart, and to love your neighbor as yourself. That is what Jesus taught. His teachings did NOT include being judgmental against others, and his teachings did NOT include stopping two people from being in a consensual loving committed relationship.

new topics

<< 29  30  31   >>

join