It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-A "non-story" exposes the Hypocritical agenda of LGBT Community.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyviecaldges
reply to post by kaylaluv

You're right - you had some pretty personal attacks against gays. I give back as good as I get.

I knew that you are gay.

It's okay to come out of the closet.

But that is because you are obviously in the closet and need to come out.

It's okay.

Come out of the closet.
edit on 8/8/2012 by kyviecaldges because: (no reason given)

What's hilarious about this, is that you think you are insulting me.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The divorce rate among the gays that do get married is astro-freaking-nomical.

And Gary Gates, Williams Distinguished Scholar at the UCLA School of Law's Williams Institute, a think tank that works to advance sexual orientation law, says that same-sex couples divorce at rates comparable to those of different-sex couples. Data from Massachusetts, the state with the longest track record on gay marriage, seems to support this. The numbers show that divorce rates in that state have not changed since same-sex unions became legal in 2004. Though it fluctuated in the intervening years, the rate of 2.2 divorces per 1,000 people in 2004 was the same in 2009

www.usnews.com...

The long-cited figure for divorces between straight couples is around 50 percent; according to figures from the United Kingdom, however, only about one percent of marriages between same-sex couples have so far ended in divorce.

www.edgeboston.com...

But despite stereotypes of gay relationships as short-lived, the divorce rate among Danish homosexuals is only 17 percent, compared to 46 percent for heterosexuals. Can gay Danes teach us something about lasting marital bliss?

www.psychologytoday.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

It's okay.

Come out of the closet.

Yeah! Don't ya love it.

I'm not gay either - - - but some have tried to use it as an insult - - telling me I am.

Clueless and Ignorant.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I have the perfect answer to all of this. Really !

How about we evacuate the entire state of California. Invite
and give incentives for LGBT people to come occupy the state
as it was left by everyone else not LGBT. Get them all nice and cozy and
settled in. Make them feel right at home.

Then by some act of GOD, a 10.0 Magnitude Quake along the San Andreas
fault line goes viral and watch the whole state slip off into the ocean. End of story.
End of all controversy. End of discussion about LGBT people. There won't be anyone left
to defend or take up the discussion after that. They get what they want, We get what we want.
and GOD gets to clean up the mess in His own way ! LoL

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

That is a pretty presumptuous statement.
What would give you the idea that I even desire to insult you?
I don't need to make you look bad.
I ask you questions and you answer and then... presto!!

I was simply telling you to come out of the closet because it would seem like it might make you feel better and a tad less aggressive.

You keep telling me that you are straight, and, to be honest with you, I really don't care either way.
Let your freak flag fly.

As I said previously, I always find it interesting when people want to vocally support special rights for the gays, and then at the same time tell me that they are not gay.
This seems to be some kind of innate reaction to hiding something.

If I really wanted to insult you... first, it would not be difficult, and, second, it would have nothing to do with what gender gets you naked.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012
reply to post by gncnew

Then by some act of GOD, a 10.0 Magnitude Quake along the San Andreas
fault line goes viral and watch the whole state slip off into the ocean. End of story.
End of all controversy. End of discussion about LGBT people. There won't be anyone left
to defend or take up the discussion after that. They get what they want, We get what we want.
and GOD gets to clean up the mess in His own way ! LoL

OMG You are SO funny... So God uses earthquakes to kill people? That's fantastic! Such a loving and wonderful God you have. And there will be NO more gay people because only gay people have gay babies. I think I'm going to send you a link the next time someone dies at a church function due to lightning or a flood or heatstroke or whatever... His will be done... Amen!

Man, it's so good that you know what you're talking about and don't seem like a bigoted piece of Christian fundamentalist trash...

In the end, the non-story about this entire Chik Fil A thing is that the hypocrisy comes from the Christian fundamentalists. The bible clearly says to treat others as you'd want to be treated, so it's good to know how Chik Fil A and the Christians who defend them for their stance on same sex marriage want to be treated.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kyviecaldges

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Replace any of the groups with any group you want, but if it's okay to prevent gays from having civil rights, what's to prevent people from taking away YOUR rights or whatever group you belong to?

You don't need to be gay to support civil rights. But you DO need to be open-minded. Just like I'm an atheist, but I support that vile Westboro Baptist Church's right to protest. I start to worry when that right gets taken away, because if that happens, they're the figurative "Canary in the coal mine" for civil rights and people should take note because they might be coming for your rights next.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

NIce platitudes Yoda.

But if you are really worried about "rights" and all that jazz then I would school yourself on the difference between a 14th amendment citizen and a State Citizen.
While you are at it, look up the difference between INalienable and UNalienable and try to figure out which one applies to this concept of civil rights that you seem to be so attracted to, but yet I detest.

Seriously, you're falling on deaf ears son.

This whole thing is a joke.... "losing rights".

We don't lose rights.
They are endowed by our creator.
What we lose are privileges.
We don't have civil rights. We have civil privileges.
That is why gay people can't get married.
Because it is a privilege.

Do some actual research before you come to me, who can school you twenty times over on this issue, and preach about "canaries in the coal mine".

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012
reply to post by gncnew

Really. Would this be like the American government arranging ships to take black people back to Africa after slavery was abolished ? Like just because they have dark skin - - they're all the same?

But - - they deemed it too expensive.

Really scary how far some people have not evolved.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

This whole thing is a joke.... "losing rights".

We don't lose rights.
They are endowed by our creator.
What we lose are privileges.

What?

As long as Legal Government Marriage requires a license - - - every eligible (age) person has the right to obtain one.

Excluding anyone on the basis of religious belief - - is unconstitutional.

The privileges is what goes along with that license.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kyviecaldges

I would call you an idiot, but that would be unfair to the idiots of the world.

Suffice it to say that the "use it or lose it" train has obviously made off with your brain.

In that case, because you wore a blue shirt, the police are entitled to remove you from your house. Why? Because they prefer the color red. And because your house is a privilege. Also, they'll be taking your wife. Because she's a privilege too, and her civil rights declaring her a U.S. citizen under protection of the constitution don't mean anything

Welcome to the new "logic".
edit on 8-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

As long as you believe that too people of the same gender should be able to do things EXACTLY the same way and have the same "Emotional Meaning" as what goes on between woman and man...you will be resisted because it will not and CAN NEVER BE THE SAME, therefore NOT EQUAL IT IS DIFFERENT .. GET IT ??

It CANNOT be more different, and why these people are trying to convince themselves and others that they are the same is beyond bizarre.

Find another solution because this one is just not gonna EVER happen.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
We arent "gay" or "christian" or "liberal" or "redneck" or "lawyers" or "contractors" or "black" or "white"

This is a symptom of our loss of our true history and lack of identification within the bigger wheel of life.

Words rule us. Labels separate us. We give them power. Peeps need to stop talking about the differences and focus on commonalities.

But--NOOOO! thats too KUME-BYE-EFFFING-YA!! for everyone to govern themselves;

So the rest of us have to SUFFER.
edit on 8-8-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Honestly - - I don't understand majority vote of a minorities rights.

How is that ever OK?

This member cracks me up with her nonsense.

Please do share more of your "views".

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by Annee

As long as you believe that too people of the same gender should be able to do things EXACTLY the same way and have the same "Emotional Meaning" as what goes on between woman and man...you will be resisted because it will not and CAN NEVER BE THE SAME, therefore NOT EQUAL IT IS DIFFERENT .. GET IT ??.

And you will remain ignorant.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by Annee

As long as you believe that too people of the same gender should be able to do things EXACTLY the same way and have the same "Emotional Meaning" as what goes on between woman and man...you will be resisted because it will not and CAN NEVER BE THE SAME, therefore NOT EQUAL IT IS DIFFERENT .. GET IT ??

It CANNOT be more different, and why these people are trying to convince themselves and others that they are the same is beyond bizarre.

Find another solution because this one is just not gonna EVER happen.

Perhaps I am wrong and this is another issue entirely, but I think it goes deeper, to the identity of a man and a women. I'm fine with men and women having equal voting rights and whatnot, but I sometimes think perhaps we have taken "equality" too far? It seems to me that some may want to reach the point where gender distinctions entirely disappear. Men and women are different, and when we deny this, we deny a truth of nature. I think denying truth is dangerous. What say you? Am I right? Do some people want to entirely eliminate gender distinctions (and I don't just mean legally, I mean culturally)? Everyone, please, feel free to chime in on this.
edit on 8-8-2012 by StalkerSolent because: Because I like "chime" better than "chip."

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

Honestly - - I don't understand majority vote of a minorities rights.

How is that ever OK?

This member cracks me up with her nonsense.

Please do share more of your "views".

The United States of America is not just a democracy – it is a constitutional democracy. What that means is that our government is designed to express not only the will of the majority (democracy), but also to simultaneously protect the unalienable rights of minorities and the powerless. That is an extremely important point because it is the constitutional protections of minorities and the powerless that add civility, humanity, and decency to what could otherwise be a barbaric nation – democratic or not. www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by StalkerSolent
Do some people want to entirely eliminate gender distinctions (and I don't just mean legally, I mean culturally)? Everyone, please, feel free to chime in on this.

As a geneticist stated recently: Who we are sexually is not black and white - - - but ALL SHADES OF GRAY.

Science is just scratching the surface of understanding the full spectrum of sexual orientation.

New Theory: Sexual Orientation Determined by Brain Hemisphere Dominance

BY Sunnivie Brydum - August 06 2012

A Northern California author says he's discovered the missing link that explains the biological source of sexual orientation. While doing research for his recent book, The Whole-Brain Path to Peace, James Olson stumbled upon what he says is the direct correlation between hemispheric dominance in the brain and whether a person is gay or straight.

Olson’s theory portends that both heterosexual men and lesbians are generally dominated by the left hemisphere of the brain, which is committed to sequential, thought-oriented processes. And heterosexual women and gay men are much more likely to be dominated by the right hemisphere of the brain, which regulates feeling and cultural awareness.

www.advocate.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Try to use both sides of your brain sometime, anne.

separation is an illusion.....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

FYI, marriage is defined in the BIBLE. Long BEFORE any modern legal system. Before the Magna Carta. Before the US Constitution. You want "equality"? Look at the Biblical definition and tell me what it says.

Ya know what - - - I don't give an "F" about bible crap anymore - - I'm sick of it being an excuse to hate and deny a minority group a normal life.

However - - - marriage existed long before the bible.

EDIT: Here is a Real History of Marriage. READ IT

onespiritproject.com...

The "real" history of marriage? According to a lesbian? You're shi**ing me, right?

Being online has had other benefits too: she met her wife online in a chat room. Seven and a half months later, they were married (unfortunately not legally) in Denver, Colorado. Then, on October 30, 2003, they were LEGALLY married in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. She and her wife live in New Alexandria, PA, and share in the duties of raising her two children from a previous marriage. Self-employed as a drafter, she uses her spare time to manage several other projects, including an online newsletter, advisor in an online forum dealing with issues of non-heterosexuality, abuse, and spirituality, and of course, her writing.

SOURCE

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join