Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Chick-fil-A "non-story" exposes the Hypocritical agenda of LGBT Community.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by gncnew

If Equal Rights is an agenda. Currently - - Equal Right of Legal Government Marriage.

Count me in 100%.

Be alert to anti-gay hate groups trying to claim they are victims.

Chick-fil-A makes chicken sandwiches... they're not quite the "hate group" you're attempting to confer upon them.

It has nothing to do with the business or belief.

Its about the 5 million dollars Mr. Cathy donated to groups officially designated as anti-gay hate groups.

Officially designated by whom? Hell, I can call anyone a "hate group"... "officially designated" would I hope that they're having problems with the DOJ or something?

No? If the HuffPost or whatever called them hate groups, that's not exactly official.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Came to find out the "Agenda" found there was none.

Hmm, you're right, I really didn't title the thread correctly... I'll see if I can change it. I was pointing out a hypocrisy in their agenda, less than just generically exposing their agenda. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Officially designated by whom? Hell, I can call anyone a "hate group"... "officially designated" would I hope that they're having problems with the DOJ or something?

No? If the HuffPost or whatever called them hate groups, that's not exactly official.

SPLC - SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER

HATE AND EXTREMISM.

The Southern Poverty Law Center monitors hate groups and other extremists throughout the United States and exposes their activities to law enforcement agencies, the media and the public. We publish our investigative findings online, on our Hatewatch blog, and in the Intelligence Report, our award-winning quarterly journal. We’ve crippled some of the country’s most notorious hate groups by suing them for murders and other violent acts committed by their members.

Currently, there are 1,018 known hate groups operating across the country, including neo-Nazis, Klansmen, white nationalists, neo-Confederates, racist skinheads, black separatists, border vigilantes and others. And their numbers are growing.

www.splcenter.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
Anne I think the main argument with people who are against homosexual unions, etc. Is that they feel it is a moral and ethical issue.

I don't think the argument has anything to do with equality.

I've been doing this for 20+ years.

Believe me - - I know what they think.

Some actually believe 100% the "rise" of homosexuality is part of the End Times. The extreme religious honestly believe they are fighting for their right to life and pleasing God by denying homosexuals.

However - - personal belief is not legitimate reason to deny Legal Equal Rights.

edit on 6-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
Anne I think the main argument with people who are against homosexual unions, etc. Is that they feel it is a moral and ethical issue.

I don't think the argument has anything to do with equality.

What about atheist or satanist unions? Is there a moral and ethical issue with that? Where is the outrage? I haven't seen any yet.

What about people who marry for reasons other than love or family (like m-o-n-e-y). Any moral or ethical issues with that?
edit on 6-8-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You mentioned a big list of what they do, work, eat, sleep, own homes, pay taxes, their free to roam the streets, come and go as they please, shop where they want, not banned from public places, can hold "kiss ins"... and all other liberty shared with the rest of us.

They are not rounded up and executed, they are not hunted down and whipped, they are not attacked at 0 dark thirty in their homes...and/or every other evil thing that could happen in an intolerant society

Then, where and in what way do they get unequal rights? I really do not understand, in what way are they not equal?

As for "marriage" in some places they have won. Then have lost in others. There are other political agendas that have lost here and there. That's the democracy at work.

I would not use the democracy angle. Reason? A majority of people find it repulsive, thus your going in a dollar short on purchase.

To be more "equal" be more equal, try not appearing so queer and chaotic about things. Thats a real turn off and shuts down the willingness to even compromise.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The real problem with America is the removal of the family unit and the pillars of trust in one's elected officials being shaken every day by another act of cowardice or self-interest.

And I agree with you. My hubby says the break down of America is the elimination of the Front Porch.

Back in the 50s - - when government spoke - - people jumped and said: "Yes Sir". Do you honestly believe that is good?

You talk about families. Why do you think the LGBTQ wants Legal Marriage Rights? People that believe strongly in family should be supporting them - - not fighting against them.

Whole families used to live in tiny houses with one bathroom. Now everyone has their own room and live separate lives within the family. Remember when you had to share a TV?

None of that has anything to do with a minority group wanting Equal Rights.

Annee - the problem here is that we have a primarily Christian nation that has it's laws and foundations set in primarily Christian beliefs. While the founders were escaping religious intolerance at home, they didn't intend to create a secular nation.

That has carried on to this day and really only now being challenged in full. Again, the founders never really envisioned a nation where God had NO place in it's governance, just that the government would not mandate how one would acknowledge God.

With that being said, you seem to want everyone to make the magic jump from "faith based decisions" to "enlightenment thinking" in one quick election cycle.

Cultural changes like this take decades, and even then usually never quite turn out the way they're supposed to.

And more into that -> the law of Unintended Consequences. The destruction of the family unit in America is a result of unintended consequences. Women's Lib and Feminism, the Sexual Revolution, Civil Rights, and now Gay Rights have had consequences on the American social structure and the American culture.

Not that it doesn't need to, but with these kind of social upheavals, there is going to be resistance and there will be consequences that are not "good".

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I don't care what anyone is doing, as long as it doesn't hurt another. On the other hand, if someone tries to force something on me, I will fight against them.

LGBT should be allowed to go about their business, without being messed with. And people who are homophobic should be left to their belief as well.

Chick Fil A and Oreos both make me feel physically ill.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22

Then, where and in what way do they get unequal rights? I really do not understand, in what way are they not equal?

In America. When LGBTQ have Full Legal Federal Marriage - - - and are included on the Federal Protection list of minorities.

Then they are Equal. Not until.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Reply to post by Annee

LGBTQ

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, ????

Who is the Q?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Annee - the problem here is that we have a primarily Christian nation that has it's laws and foundations set in primarily Christian beliefs. While the founders were escaping religious intolerance at home, they didn't intend to create a secular nation.

Our government is secular - - by intention. When our forefathers saw the diversity of religious groups forming in the new land - - - they by intention - - - made sure there was no official government religion. Creator in the Constitution represents a Deist concept of a universal Creator - - and wasn't even in the first 2 drafts.

We are not a Christian nation - - no matter how much Christians try to push that.

Have you researched the Puritans? Did you know the Southern Baptist are partly descended from the Puritans. The Puritans were not persecuted for their beliefs - - - they tried to force their home government to make their extreme religious belief law.

Kind of like many Christians today claiming persecution. They are not persecuted - - - they just don't have the power of control.

edit on 6-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

However - - I think humans are progressing as they should - - - putting intellect as the top priority.
reply to post by Annee

No more and more people react with emotion as opposed to intellect. Want to get a crowd on your side, do you appeal to reason or emotion? This whole thing was started over a knee jerk reaction over what the chick-fil-A president said. What real purpose did it serve? It wasn't that they discriminated against gay or lesbian employees, no it was that the corporation didn't support gay marriage. Not directly affecting anyone. Then the politicians coming out and trying to get the chick-fil-A stores removed from their districts, political pandering to one group or allowing their personal views to take precedence over the basic rule of elected officials. Their is supposed to be a difference between a politicians personal views and the will of the people they represent. So much for reason.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shimri
Reply to post by Annee

LGBTQ

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, ????

Who is the Q?

QUESTIONING

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The government MUST be secular. There are many, many citizens who are not Christian. You can't create laws based solely on Christian belief, and demand that non-Christians follow them. That is NOT what this country is about. Besides, there are Christians who are accepting of gays, and there are Christian churches who are perfectly willing to marry gays in the eyes of God. To not allow those churches to participate in the legal marrying of gays is going against their religious beliefs.

The state is not a religious organization, and it cannot favor religion over non-religion, or one religion over another religion when handing out licenses to marry. It's discrimination, and that is unconstitutional in this country.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13

No more and more people react with emotion as opposed to intellect.

Depends on perspective.

The division between the Elite and everyone else is becoming more defined.

Those in power would be those of Intellect (also greed) - - but that's all a different discussion.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Shimri

Queers, I'd imagine.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by Annee

Ahh. Thank you.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Absolutely not true, they may not be visible, but they donate to many food banks in our area,

Every food bank and homeless shelter and soup kitchen in our area is run by and supported by Christian organizations.

Every church I have ever attended had a food bank.

Four Churches in my immediate area.

Catholic charities just purchased more property for additional homeless shelters, this summer.

You know it is usually someone that has never been involved in christian churches or charitable organizations that post this sort of thing having no knowledge of the Christian community.
edit on 013131p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by murphy22

Quail?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
reply to post by Shimri

Queers, I'd imagine.

No - it means QUESTIONING

new topics

top topics