It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-A "non-story" exposes the Hypocritical agenda of LGBT Community.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The same people that try and organise a boycott of Chic-a-fila are the same ones that cheer when Ahmedinejad (there are no gays in Iran) is invited to speak at a prestigious US university!

"the agenda is never the agenda" - Bill Ayers, rules for radicals.

link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

Precisely, rainbowbear. I find this especially true because once people give the federal government the power to give, they also give it the power to take away. Do we really want to let the federal government decide who marries and who doesn't??

link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear
reply to post by AM47240

lol your sexual preference isnt a "race"or some "protected endangered specie"...

It's sexual orientation - - - a birth right.

If it was choice - - it would be preference.

edit on 7-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

People get married at churches. The Federal govt is not allowed to get involved with church and state. You want to replace the ordained minister with a Federal judge. That is unconstitutional. Every marriage would require a federal judge in order for there to be "Equality" as you put it. That is never going to happen.

LEGAL GOVERNMENT MARRIAGE

You can only be legally married with a government license entitled Marriage License.

This has nothing to do with religion or church.

If you want to have a religious marriage in church - - - - go for it.

The skipper of a boat can marry people too. Are you proposing he would have to be a Federal skipper?

Oh wait that's right, you want to leave everyone else just stay with the lowly crappy State licensed marriage and the gays get the SUPERIOR Federal License, making their marriage the premier unions of the land. They must get extra special treatment.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Do not go up against LGBT Community they can do whatever they want and get away with it just because they are "persecuted" and ignored.

Being homosexual is not normal and they are not the same thing as heteros. This does not mean one is better than the other it just means they are different which means they need to be treated as such. If that was not the case then we would not have these discussions about it.

Marriage is typically for man and woman. it is not for same sex relationships. I am not saying they shouldn't be together but please do not ask to be treated like a regular couple. YOu have to know your limitations and not expect to be treated the same if you are obviously different.

Just because we live in a made up society that accepts certain things does not mean that is how it should be. Since at any moment and time this society can be destroyed ... the only constant is that nature would say that if you put a community of gay men isolated on an island , in 100yrs you would find a community of dead gay men. If you did the same with heteros you would find a nice thriving community.

There is nothing wrong with being gay. They were born that way as a defect or maybe to cull the herd of certain genes by making them not procreate the lineage further. Survival of the fittest?? everyone is about that and evolution. They are wired to consciously not want to procreate.

My message to homosexuals is to accept who they are and not try to be like everyone else. Do not ask for marriage ask for something similar to it. You are not the same you are different, take pride in that and live differently without trying to be what you are not.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
im thinking this is a case of "group think"

not once has my lesbian friend complained of discrimination--is it possible that not all gays experience it?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AM47240

"They can and do get married". Yes, they can and they do, but if you leave the state in which you live, your marriage is no longer recognized.

Thank you.

But none are Federally recognized.

Federal marriage has privileges not available by any other means - - including state marriage.

State marriage is still not Equal.

Oh, now I see...you want gays to have a SUPERIOR marriage, one higher than all others. This is insane.

Where do you get "superior" at? If a heterosexual couple gets married, they are afforded federal and state benefits for that marriage. The LGBTQ community wants that and nothing more. Just because they can get married in one state does not mean that they have become equal. If the heterosexual married couple leave that state, their marriage is still valid. If they go on vacation and one of them gets sick or injured, the other can make medical decisions and will be allowed to visit that person in the hospital or be given information about that person's prognosis. If a gay couple gets married in one of the few states that allows it and has the same situation happen to them, they are not given those benefits because the marriage is not recognized in another state. Additionally, they don't receive federal tax benefits or inheritance benefits. Until same-sex marriage is recognized Federally, it will not be equal. Again, it's not about 'superior'. Gay people aren't asking for anything that straight people don't already have.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by gncnew

Do not go up against LGBT Community they can do whatever they want and get away with it just because they are "persecuted" and ignored.

Being homosexual is not normal and they are not the same thing as heteros. This does not mean one is better than the other it just means they are different which means they need to be treated as such. If that was not the case then we would not have these discussions about it.

Marriage is typically for man and woman. it is not for same sex relationships. I am not saying they shouldn't be together but please do not ask to be treated like a regular couple. YOu have to know your limitations and not expect to be treated the same if you are obviously different.

Just because we live in a made up society that accepts certain things does not mean that is how it should be. Since at any moment and time this society can be destroyed ... the only constant is that nature would say that if you put a community of gay men isolated on an island , in 100yrs you would find a community of dead gay men. If you did the same with heteros you would find a nice thriving community.

There is nothing wrong with being gay. They were born that way as a defect or maybe to cull the herd of certain genes by making them not procreate the lineage further. Survival of the fittest?? everyone is about that and evolution. They are wired to consciously not want to procreate.

My message to homosexuals is to accept who they are and not try to be like everyone else. Do not ask for marriage ask for something similar to it. You are not the same you are different, take pride in that and live differently without trying to be what you are not.

Spoken like a true Nazi. Way to show your true colors, there.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

"They can and do get married". Yes, they can and they do, but if you leave the state in which you live, your marriage is no longer recognized.

Thank you.

Federal marriage has privileges not available by any other means - - including state marriage.

Oh, now I see...you want gays to have a SUPERIOR marriage, one higher than all others. This is insane.

Where do you get "superior" at?

Federal marriage has privileges not available by any other means - - including state marriage

Read your own quote next time before going off half cocked with a useless paragraph.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The epic failure of the kiss-in tells us one of two things, there aren't that many LGBT's to begin with, or they are just as lazy and apathetic as the rest.

CFL made out like a bandit on this whole deal.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
See, gay people can just "marry" themselves and avoid using the FedGov--but they seem to thing the Federal Govt is some supreme leader with all Authority........

why does any group need to partner with the FedGov?. What does it provide that gay people cant do on there own.?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

No it doesn't, nice attempt at a deflection. You said they are performed in churches you were wrong (aka being ignorant). I wasn't addressing federal or state. I was addressing your apparent lack of knowledge. You said they were performed in churches, I simply reminded you how wrong you were.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The skipper of a boat can marry people too. Are you proposing he would have to be a Federal skipper?

Oh wait that's right, you want to leave everyone else just stay with the lowly crappy State licensed marriage and the gays get the SUPERIOR Federal License, making their marriage the premier unions of the land. They must get extra special treatment.

Boat Captains can perform a marriage ceremony. Heck - my next door neighbor can perform a marriage ceremony.

They are not LEGAL without the government contract entitled Marriage License

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear
See, gay people can just "marry" themselves and avoid using the FedGov--but they seem to thing the Federal Govt is some supreme leader with all Authority........

why does any group need to partner with the FedGov?. What does it provide that gay people cant do on there own.?

They want a badge to hold up showing they are SUPERIOR to everyone else.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Boat Captains can perform a marriage ceremony. Heck - my next door neighbor can perform a marriage ceremony.

Yeah, but you want everyone else to get the crumby lowly State license and the SUPERIOR Federal license would be for the gays. In your own words,

Federal marriage has privileges not available by any other means - - including state marriage

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
They are working together to get free air time on the news wire. Anyone won can't clearly see that is blind as a bat. A good way for both sides to get free advertising.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Thank you.

Read your own quote next time before going off half cocked with a useless paragraph.

It wasn't my quote, first of all. Second, Annee is right. Federal Marriage benefits are more than what states give. If a straight couple gets married, their marriage is automatically recognized by the federal government. If a gay couple gets married, it is not. Again, it's not asking for anything superior.

I don't know if you really need this to be spelled out for you, or if you're just trolling.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

ok, and why is it important that its "legal"?

Taxes? Insurance? A legal document neither enhances nor detracts from the amount of love you feel for each other.
edit on 7-8-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Thank you.

It wasn't my quote, first of all.

It was taken out of the exact wording you quoted in your response to me. If you cannot be bothered to read what you are quoting don't waste peoples time with vast paragraphs of nonsense based on your inability to read what you quoted.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
The epic failure of the kiss-in

Here is what the Kiss In - - - is really about.

It is NOT a serious major organized group "ground zero" protest.

It is a light-hearted - - - fun - - show love protest.

Go to a Chick-fil-A - - with your opposite sex partner. Take a picture of yourself kissing your partner at Chick-fil-A. Post it on a website.

Some LGBT went right away when they heard about it - - some went on Friday - - it is on going. Pix are still being taken and posted on websites.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join