It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for America to change it's capital punishment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Ah yes...I'm very big advocate of public humiliation. Especially in juveniles. Can't believe I forgot about that one.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I'm surprised this thread didn't pick up more than it has. I just wanted to say on your last message that I couldn't agree more on humiliation and shame. It worked for the majority of our nation and before Self Esteem became a near religion all it's own. I imagine when a 'man in the stocks' was a literal description after screwing up.

I'll say I look around and see a whole lot of work that needs done and more with budgets being cut and municipal workers being laid off. Rather than even joking about 'leasing' out labor, have almost ALL those under 18 and the lesser crimes of adults (DUI comes to mind.... Check kiting... I can think of many, actually) do the public work there isn't any money to have done right now.

It's not for-profit, which is obscene as it's actually starting to happen now. It's 100% litter clean up, ravine and brush clearing, graffiti removal and that sort of thing. Public work. Hard, nasty and ugly Public Work.

I love your idea and I'll bet we'd end up with fewer that reach the Death level of crimes.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
American society has not moved forward enough to end capital punishment. That is sad..but it also the truth. There are still too many social ills in American society which Americans have not worked out a way to deal with and reduce those problems down to being very rare things.

Capital punishment will not be needed once society starts to, not only understand why there are a lot of people willing to rape, murder and steal, but also how to improve society to the point in which those things will not be necessary to do in order for people to deal with even deeper problems from within themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You've provided very good feed back in regards. We are on the same page. If there is one thing that most people don't like to do...it is work...and working for free

Like you said...there are lots of jobs that get cut do to budget restraints and what not. Your proposal would be very efficient.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Child molesters, Public Executions. Lets see if watching one of your own drop & swing, excites you to go touch a child. I bet not. Plain & Simple. Child molesters are below the bottom of the barrell, why do any of them get to keep on breathing my damn air.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join