It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Time for America to change it's capital punishment

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm just sick of it. I am tired of these dumb #ers doing what they want with no god damn repercussions. Convicted murderers sit on death row for years and some just spend their time in a locked up cell still living...and some would say fairly comfortably. Rapist do their time but yet the victim is ruined for life. We are getting out of control as a society and we need to change before it's too late. We are too lenient as a society and we need to put a stop to this.

Convicted murderers - Death. Plain and simple they deserve to die.
Convicted rapist - Death. The victim has lost their life so does the rapist.
Child molesters - Death. No reason needed for these sick #s.
Drugs, robbery, assault, etc. - Caning followed by prison sentence within the Military.
Juvenile crimes (except murder) - Caning/lashing. Fear, we need to put the fear of God in these kids that makes them not want to repeat this crime ever again.

Maybe the last two shooting are part of some sort of an agenda like some have stated. Are we on our way to a Martial Law? I don't know but the way this country is going Martial Law may not be such a bad thing. It seems we have bad apples that keep ruining it for most of us good people. I'm ready to weed these people out.

Ok I feel better

edit on 6-8-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Prison sentences and 'caning' for all drugs related 'offences'?
wait..



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation
 


Have you considered moving to Saudi Arabia?



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Prison sentences and 'caning' for all drugs related 'offences'?
wait..



Well obviously I can't go into all the depths of the crimes but I don't see a reason why we can't come down harder on criminals. Especially the scums bags that sell to our kids.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
No victim.... no crime.

That will free up about 85% of the prisons in America. Then we can focus more on the REAL criminals, not statute violators.

Then we can provide weapons and training for anyone who wants to carry a firearm.
A well armed society is a well behaved society. There would be almost no mass shootings if that were the case.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
reply to post by HawkeyeNation
 


Have you considered moving to Saudi Arabia?


No...but I want the good ole U. S. of A. back. Just tired of hearing innocent people die. I probably would move to Saudi Arabia but then I would get killed by one of us.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation
 


You expressed yourself well in this rant. I understand why you feel criminals should get those punishments..and at times I have thought so too.

However...now I am not so sure. I actually think it is more of a punishment to give people life in prison...without the possibility of parole...because day in and day out they have to live with the knowledge of what they have done.

I am a survivor of a murder attempt and a horrible rape. Yes - what happened to me was awful; but I choose not to be a victim; but a survivor; and this may be hard to understand...but I have forgiven the people that did those things to me. They have been punished...and in the end they will have to answer for what they did...eternally.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
No victim.... no crime.

That will free up about 85% of the prisons in America. Then we can focus more on the REAL criminals, not statute violators.

Then we can provide weapons and training for anyone who wants to carry a firearm.
A well armed society is a well behaved society. There would be almost no mass shootings if that were the case.


I starred this post and quoted it because this is exactly how I feel. JJ said it much better than I could though.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
No victim.... no crime.

That will free up about 85% of the prisons in America. Then we can focus more on the REAL criminals, not statute violators.

Then we can provide weapons and training for anyone who wants to carry a firearm.
A well armed society is a well behaved society. There would be almost no mass shootings if that were the case.


Ya I agree with your first part but not so sure on your firearm one. Well trained people have proven time after time to go off. I see what you are saying in the fact they could defend but just not sure how I feel about that.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea
 


My heart goes out to you and so does my prayers. I am happy to hear you have forgiven and have been healed.

I ask you this though but this only will apply if you are a believer in God. Shouldn't the criminal spend their time at the judgement of God sooner than later? No one knows for sure what happens after death & I too have disputed this but I would rather they spend the eternal times in the depths of hell.
edit on 6-8-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation
 


Some people are pure evil...they choose to be evil...they commit evil....they are great deceivers...it is their pleasure to do evil...they are demons...with a human physical body....they will never enter Heaven. Many of these evil people are in prison.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea
 


Amen sista...amen!



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Agreed with a poster above. No victim. No crime.
Victimless drug related offences should not be in prison. It would free up millions/billions of dollars to deal with REAL criminals, ie murderers, rapists, treason, war crimes, etc.

I also believe a well equipped population with proper training should be allowed to carry firearms, i know there are some states that you can. Town with 500,000 people and 50,000 of them have CCWs. BIG incentive not to rob anyone. Or commit any crimes that would get them shot.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think that people that park in handicap spaces and aren't handicaped should be given the death penalty.

Oh... and people that use the term "sheeple", definitely the death penalty.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Damn...gotta admit I feel a lot better because of this rant section. My
has turned into
which has now turned into



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
I think that people that park in handicap spaces and aren't handicaped should be given the death penalty.

Oh... and people that use the term "sheeple", definitely the death penalty.


lol, good stuff there. Death penalty may be a little harsh, in some cases anyways, but a for sure caning would be nice

edit on 6-8-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: cant spell



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I also believe a well equipped population with proper training should be allowed to carry firearms, i know there are some states that you can. Town with 500,000 people and 50,000 of them have CCWs. BIG incentive not to rob anyone. Or commit any crimes that would get them shot.


Makes sense. I'm seeing the big picture now...thanks for drawing.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
OP, I agree entirely and you'll find no stronger supporter of the Death Penalty on principle than I, for many crimes.

I think Death ought to be for Death.....not rape or anything short of killing another. Not that a rapist doesn't deserve it...but the ultimate penalty they KNOW they will get makes for the ultimate measures to remove witnesses....like killing victims. Life Without Parole....then Death the moment the victim dies for any reason.



I'd suggest only one big problem..and it's why I'm not 100% pro-DP in practice. How would you reform the system for prosecuting the crimes? How should evidence be handled? I ask primarily because the questions that existed before the Innocence Project were largely theory and no one knew for sure. Now, we have plenty of cases where DNA absolutely and 100% proved men on Death Row to be innocent.

So... If we can find a way to restrict evidence for DP in a way that leaves only the "Beyond ANY doubt", I'll be happy to throw the switch on them myself.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'd suggest only one big problem..and it's why I'm not 100% pro-DP in practice. How would you reform the system for prosecuting the crimes? How should evidence be handled? I ask primarily because the questions that existed before the Innocence Project were largely theory and no one knew for sure. Now, we have plenty of cases where DNA absolutely and 100% proved men on Death Row to be innocent.

So... If we can find a way to restrict evidence for DP in a way that leaves only the "Beyond ANY doubt", I'll be happy to throw the switch on them myself.


Ya I agree with you all the way on this aspect. Honestly I can't answer and don't know that anyone can. I think the more technologically advanced we become the higher the chances we may see this change.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation
 


I'm all for the death penalty, and returning it to a public hanging.

For that matter all punishment should be public, similiar to the folk who are out day after day picking up trash on the side of the road dressed in orange jumpsuits.

I know a guy who got a DUI and had to do that for a month. He said he never felt so humilated in his life. Not only did the DUI cost him his job, his girlfriend and lots of cash, it also cost him his dignity.

He's better now, and still has the occasional brew-ha, but will not leave his property after imbibing, not even with a designated driver.

He learned his lesson quite well.




top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join