It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music Sharing. Should it be allowed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
There is alot of controversy over music sharing. People over the last 2 years have been prosecuted for downloading music from P2P programs. Plus, bands are also arguing that they don't get the money from what they would get if you went out and bought their album. What's your view on music sharing?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Sharing is Caring. # the RIAA!!!

Thats my view in short.

BUT...artists get VERY little out of CD sales. The record label and the distributers get almost ALL of the money that comes in from CDs. The artists get most of there money from Concerts and Endorsements. I think that P2P networks are the way to get there music around to people so that they hear how good they are, then the listeners can go see them live in concert. When Metallica fought to shutdown Napster it was a sad sad day for P2P Network. The Gnutella Network that Napster ran on is still around, but severely crippled compared to the network of the day. Just remember, they arent prosecuting Downloaders, they are prosecuting Sharers.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
As Dreamland said, Sharing is caring, and file sharing is a great way to get the music... If i was in a band making heaps of money i wouldnt care less about the album sales... its meant to be about the music and i lost alot of respect for metallica when they shut napster down... they make millions as it is, yet they wouldnt let their fans have some free music

new topics

join