It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

North Korean space propaganda...?

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
After being repeatedly blown away by the achievements of NASA, something just occurred to me- does anyone know if North Korea ever admits to their people that the US is so many light years advanced from them that we're even putting robots on other planets, or, do they think their own pathetic rockets that blow up five minutes after launch is the epotome of space science?

Heck, do North Koreans even know we landed a man on the moon?




posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Does it really matter? When it comes down to it, A toy on mars and and expedition to the moon will not fight a war for you on the ground here on planet Earth... They still have weapons and they can still cause some damage.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave
 


I think you should re-name yourself GoodOleBoy and stick to the FoxNews forums...the xenophobia is disgusting.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm told they are our enemies
So they MUST be dumb, dirty and Fanatical.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by finitedualities
 


i didnt detect any racism either overt or otherwise,i think he was trying to ask a serious question (as i think he is curious) about the level of secrecy that exists over there and general lack of news that gets either in or out of the region(look at them on google maps at night ) and wondering if we think our government is hiding things from us what does that mean in places like north korea where a whole lot more is censored and hidden from public consumption,and what will it mean for eventual re unification in the future

on the pathetic rockets comments well ya gotta start somewhere and hey atleast they are trying not to many nations can even claim that much these days so atleast give credit to them for attempting it
edit on 6-8-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by finitedualities
reply to post by GoodOlDave
 


I think you should re-name yourself GoodOleBoy and stick to the FoxNews forums...the xenophobia is disgusting.


What the hell is that supposed to mean? Xenophobia has absolutely nothing to do with this; it's a matter of record that North Korea heavily restricts information from the outside world for the simple reason that they dont' want their people to know just how lousy they have things there. Plus, by their own propaganda, they're actually telling their people their space launches are all wildly successful:



I wanted to know if space exploration of other countries was one of the subjects they restricted. If you don't know, then don't answer. Childish responses like yours only makes you look bad, not me.

Sheesh, some people.
edit on 6-8-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
i didnt detect any racism either overt or otherwise,i think he was trying to ask a serious question (as i think he is curious) about the level of secrecy that exists over there and general lack of news that gets either in or out of the region(look at them on google maps at night ) and wondering if we think our government is hiding things from us what does that mean in places like north korea where a whole lot more is censored and hidden from public consumption,and what will it mean for eventual re unification in the future


Yes, it was a serious question. This whole racism bit is nothing but an excuse that other poster is using to start some childish flame war. I have no beef with other nations' space programs, and in fact I'm eagarly waiting for the Chinese to back up their claims of a manned moon mission. It's a leap for humanity, not any nation, and let's face it, once the Chinese start landing people on the moon the US can't NOT get it's manned space programs back into high gear, Maybe a joint US-Chinese manned mission to Mars to declare the new space race a tie...?


on the pathetic rockets comments well ya gotta start somewhere and hey atleast they are trying not to many nations can even claim that much these days so atleast give credit to them for attempting it


The reason why I refered to the North Korean space program as "pathetic" isn't necessarily because they can barely get a rocket off the ground. Our own rocket program had its own share of explosions as well. It's their holding it up to so much nationalistic pomp and circumstance to the point where they've turned space exploration into yet another way for them to worshop their Kim-Jong-Whatever dictators. Plus, not a single other country cares to help them figure out what they're doing wrong because they are so belligerant to the rest of the world. Let's face it, not even the Russians or Chinese are helping them or else they'd have successfully launched something by now.

It seems to me that with their rockets failing so badly that they'd be reluctant to be admitting to their people just how successful other nations' programs are (except maybe for China's space program) so I thought I'd ask. If you don't know, then simply say you don't know.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The fact that you two FoxNews experts confuse xenophobia with racism says all I need to know...that you're too dense to even chat about this matter. Good day



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by finitedualities
The fact that you two FoxNews experts confuse xenophobia with racism says all I need to know...that you're too dense to even chat about this matter. Good day


This, coming from someone who can't seem to figure out this is a thread about North Korean space propaganda, not xenophobia or racism. Your attempt at instigating a flame war is an epic failure.

Since this thread is going nowhere, allow me to close by posting a photo of an exhibit in the Children's Palace in Pyongyang so you may come to your own conclusions.



All hail the dear leader and his glorious North Korean space shuttle program. Right.
edit on 8-8-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
After being repeatedly blown away by the achievements of NASA, something just occurred to me- does anyone know if North Korea ever admits to their people that the US is so many light years advanced from them that we're even putting robots on other planets, or, do they think their own pathetic rockets that blow up five minutes after launch is the epotome of space science?

Heck, do North Koreans even know we landed a man on the moon?



Hi, I visited North Korea in 2009, and they are definitely low-tech. I flew in on an old Tupalov!

While many of the peasants in the countryside would not know much about the outside world, which would also be true of peasants anywhere else in the world, many of the city people have exposure to visitors from neighbouring China, and of course South Korea. These tourists have all the latest tech - cameras and laptops, so some have knowledge that it's not the 1950s. South Korean dramas are also popular. Two waitresses at my hotel told me they had seen Disney films.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I was there to 'witness' the peaceful satellite launch, so-called.

Details on my home page www.jamesoberg.com

"Propaganda" doesn't even BEGIN to describe the reality-distortion-field they wrap around themselves.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join