It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA DOES 180: Flouride not good for health!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

In a surprising reversal, last month EPA’s announced that it intends to lower the maximum amount of fluoride in drinking water because of growing evidence supporting the chemical’s possible deleterious effects to children’s health.
In 2006, the National Academy of Sciences report that found dental fluorosis – caused by too much fluoride – capable of putting children at risk of developing other dental problems including the breakdown of tooth enamel, discoloration and pitting.
January’s EPA recommendation reversal was made following a revised risk assessment study that found 2 out of 5 adolescents had tooth streaking or spottiness and some pitting as a result of excessive fluoride. In addition, other studies have found excessive ingestion of fluoride capable of increasing the risk of brittle bones leading to fractures and debilitating bone abnormalities.

FOX news EPA reverses itself on flouride

This is huge. Not only does it confirm what many have been saying for years, but the US government is actually admitting they were wrong about something... Chalk another up for the kooky conspiracy theorists...

Please flag so the word gets spread through the community, and PLEASE inform your friends and family.

edit on 6-8-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: add

*Still good news but it turns out this article is a year old. Just goes to show how little attention the truth is paid

edit on 6-8-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: update

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

I found this at the bottom of the Article..

NOTE: A reverse osmosis system is needed to remove fluoride from drinking water.

Strange actually reading truth like this. It feels so, foreign.
Nice though.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
That is a year old and the window for action is closed, hopefully people with intrest in this matter spoke up when it counted.

SUMMARY: In this notice, EPA is requesting comment on several issues
that were raised in comments on EPA's proposed resolution of objections
and a stay request with regard to sulfuryl fluoride and fluoride
tolerances promulgated in 2004 and 2005 under section 408(d) of the
Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA). EPA is requesting that
interested parties address various legal issues that were raised by
several commenters as well as provide further documentation for
submissions regarding the impacts of the withdrawal of the sulfuryl
fluoride and fluoride tolerances.
SOURCE

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

wow... thanks for pointing that out. It was posted on Fb by a friend and I didn't look at the date. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Yeah I think this should be illegal. Water is a natural resource that is free to all but by adding fluoride it becomes unnatural and is not the same as taking out contaminants that shouldn't be there. So in order to make it natural again we have to go out and buy something like bottled water or a filter. Most ridiculous thing ever, not only that you have to continuously buy new filters yearly.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Notice though, they aren't removing flouride from the water, just lowering the maximum amount.
Translation: We have it in enough food and drink items now, we can lower the amount in tap water.

flouridealert.org
Not the best source, but good for an idea of what I'm talking about.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Now if we can get them to take clorine out of the drinking water.....this is huge!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Great, confirmation now!
< shakes fist at those who condemned such fluoride concerns >
Now I wonder if any liability issues will arise?
edit on 6-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

No worries, but yeah, this is kind of old news and Fox wrote the article because...

www.hhs.gov...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 7, 2011

HHS and EPA announce new scientific assessments and actions on fluoride

Agencies working together to maintain benefits of preventing tooth decay
while preventing excessive exposure

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) today are announcing important steps to ensure that standards and guidelines on fluoride in drinking water continue to provide the maximum protection to the American people to support good dental health, especially in children. HHS is proposing that the recommended level of fluoride in drinking water can be set at the lowest end of the current optimal range to prevent tooth decay, and EPA is initiating review of the maximum amount of fluoride allowed in drinking water.

These actions will maximize the health benefits of water fluoridation, an important tool in the prevention of tooth decay while reducing the possibility of children receiving too much fluoride. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention named the fluoridation of drinking water one of the ten great public health achievements of the 20th century.

“One of water fluoridation’s biggest advantages is that it benefits all residents of a community—at home, work, school, or play,” said HHS Assistant Secretary for Health Howard K. Koh, MD, MPH. “Today’s announcement is part of our ongoing support of appropriate fluoridation for community water systems, and its effectiveness in preventing tooth decay throughout one’s lifetime.”

“Today both HHS and EPA are making announcements on fluoride based on the most up to date scientific data,” said EPA Assistant Administrator for the Office of Water, Peter Silva. “EPA’s new analysis will help us make sure that people benefit from tooth decay prevention while at the same time avoiding the unwanted health effects from too much fluoride.”

edit on 6-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I only drink bottled water.

And it's not even the fancy stuff.

Also this: Harvard Study Finds Fluoride Lowers IQ

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

Which bottled water? Is it spring water or purified water? Are you aware of the garbage in the so called purified water?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Fluoride in the wine?!

I've been nervous about fluoride, so thank you for sharing. Even if the article is old, it gives me more information and reason to research fluoride.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by igor_ats

Which bottled water? Is it spring water or purified water? Are you aware of the garbage in the so called purified water?

I personally called Poland Springs.
They said their bottled water is not fluoridated, unless specifically stated so on their label.
That seems to be a safer alternative to the other brands.

I get my spring water from the local mountain spring, but I always enjoyed Poland Springs.
Don't be afraid to call these companies and straight up ask them what's in their water.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Well I have seen a picture of bottle water now advertising fluoride is in their water but would you be surprised to learn other nasties make their way into the purified bottle water? Drinking spring water is my choice of bottled water too, Poland Spring to be exact, but it's the purified bottled water that could be full of god knows what.

Bottled Water Pure Drink or Pure Hype? | Natural Resource Defense Council

This is the online version of NRDC's March 1999 petition to the FDA and attached report on the results of our four-year study of the bottled water industry, including its bacterial and chemical contamination problems. The petition and report find major gaps in bottled water regulation and conclude that bottled water is not necessarily safer than tap water. The online version contains all of the report's text, tables and figures; it does not include the accompanying Technical Report or additional attachments to the petition.

Bottled water contains disinfection byproducts, fertilizer residue, and pain medication | Environmental Working Group

October 2008

The bottled water industry promotes an image of purity, but comprehensive testing by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) reveals a surprising array of chemical contaminants in every bottled water brand analyzed, including toxic byproducts of chlorination in Walmart’s Sam’s Choice and Giant Supermarket's Acadia brands, at levels no different than routinely found in tap water. Several Sam's Choice samples purchased in California exceeded legal limits for bottled water contaminants in that state. Cancer-causing contaminants in bottled water purchased in 5 states (North Carolina, California, Virginia, Delaware and Maryland) and the District of Columbia substantially exceeded the voluntary standards established by the bottled water industry.

edit on 6-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Can someone answer me this?

Why do I know more about the dangers of Fluoride than our gov't?

Doesn't that strike you as odd? Why should, and how could, I know MORE than our leading politicians? Truth is, I don't. They know, and they could care less.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

They said their bottled water is not fluoridated, unless specifically stated so on their label.

Ok. So that means they don't add fluoride. That doesn't necessarily mean there is no fluoride in it (unless it's distilled).

Lowering fluoride limits mostly means that more communities would have to increase treatment to reduce naturally occurring levels, not decrease artificial fluoridation.

The EPA did not reverse anything. There were limits, lower limits were considered.

edit on 8/7/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok. So that means they don't add fluoride. That doesn't necessarily mean there is no fluoride in it (unless it's distilled).

Poland Spring does not add Fluoride unless specifically stated. That doesn't include naturally occurring Calcium Fluoride.

The levels of Sodium Fluoride added to local tap water is still deadly.
In Massachusetts, the levels in some cities have turned the population retarded.
If you're from there, you know what I'm talking about.

Poland Springs is one, if not the THE most cleanest bottled water you can find on the market.
Any other contamination beyond Sodium Fluoride is beyond my knowledge.

edit on 7-8-2012 by JibbyJedi because: Sodium Fluoride toxification

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Poland Spring does not add Fluoride unless specifically stated. That doesn't include naturally occurring Calcium Fluoride.

Isn't that what I said?

The levels of Sodium Fluoride added to local tap water is still deadly.
In Massachusetts, the levels in some cities have turned to population retarded.

How can you be "retarded" if you're dead?

edit on 8/7/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

How can you be "retarded" if you're dead?

Slow kill it's called.

One becomes retarded before cancer sets in.
I am from MA. and I can attest to the chemical smell in the water, along with the infuriating results of the population's mentality. Visit MA. sometime, there will be no doubt.

One example of the incompetence of the workers' mentality...
start at 0:35

1 example. No one read the bag's warnings apparently.

ETA-
Reluctantly, I've added an example of the results of Massachusetts Fluoride....

edit on 7-8-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I am from MA. and I can attest to the chemical smell in the water, along with the infuriating results of the population's mentality.

I wouldn't drink smelly water but sodium fluoride is odorless.
It doesn't take bad water to make stupid people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join