It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One possible outcome from the recent killing spree by mentally ill shooters (by design if FFs?):

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Given that 10% of the population of Soviet Russia after the revolution were judged "mentally ill" by the state (many just for opposing the new communist rule) I wonder that if there is a plot for a defacto communist takeover of this country that an agenda to dismantle the Second Amendment slowly (frog in the hot pot scenario) that they might ramrod legislation thru requiring a psychological evaluation and interview to get a "license" to buy or own a firearm well before any attempt at direct registration or declaring semi-automatic firearms illegal. This would allow them to declare most returning veterans and those supporting "citizen's rights" as "mentally ill" and thus be put on a No Gun list. In addition it would be an indirect method of "registration" as all of those "licensed" would be presumed to own a firearm. Lastly, as with all government licenses, there would be a "fee" (possibly 3 figures) to get evaluated and approved for a firearm and likely an annual fee as well (not to mention the "waiting period" to schedule a test and interview). Hopefully I am not giving TPTB any ideas but if similar legislation is proposed (or declared by fiat Exec Order) then it needs to be fought in the judicial system. I am all for keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill but to allow that process to be controlled by a government that has an agenda to neuter the Second Amendment then I vote NO.
edit on 6-8-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Sometimes a chicken is just a chicken. There doesn't have be a logical reason for people doing illogical things, people are just messed up and you never know when or where they will just snap or why.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Even if these are just random acts by crazy people I am still concerned how those in power with an agenda to negate the Bill of Rights (of citizens), including the Second Amendment, would take advantage of these tragedies. Since these are "mentally ill" people with guns and no one is for that then this is an area that could be exploited.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I would put my money on flocking voters to Reps. Democrats will propose some serious restrictions to be voted AFTER the election. Just to tell people exactly why they should vote for Mitten. Which will open doors for another religious lunatic completely owned by corporations and eventually to very serious world conflict.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
That is something you always have to be aware of. And the American citizen is generally apathetic to what our lawmakers do most of the time. But when you go looking for the boogeyman around every corner do you know what happens? Eventually you will see the boogeyman around every corner. It is the same thing as coming on to an online forum and looking for a false flag in every single tragedy. People are messed up and no matter how hard we try, we will never be able to really understand what goes on in another person's head. We can empathize, we can relate but we will never be able to completely understand.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

If "they" make our vets into criminals, the vets will be criminals.
For the life of me I do not understand why "they" would train these people and then anger them.
Sounds like a head popping proposal.
And shame on us if we allow "them" to make our vets into criminals.

United we stand and all.
(Edit)
If these soldiers come home and find out that all they have fought for has been to turn them into criminals, it is not the theatre or mosque, or temple where they will aim their anger, but we know who they would gun for.
We have how many vets?
I'm sure everyone has heard of the "One dedicated soldier" saying.
Imagine a fire squad of the finest trained, or a platoon, or more, who could beat that?
edit on 6-8-2012 by g146541 because: One dedicated soldier

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

FWIW, in 2008 I saw a link from the UN website to a white paper on eliminating the warrior/hero archetype gene from the world's population. This seems to fit the murals at the Denver International Airport also. The plan being to use the military and LE for a take over and then have most of them eliminated once their world government, control grid and population reduction goals are met. I tried to find the white paper again last year but there was no link. Caveat Warriors and Heroes (you/we know who we are

new topics

top topics

join