It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I must be going. A goodbye to the Scottish Rite and freemasonry.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There is a very quiet exodus in the Scottish Rite currently. I joined the freemasons a good number of years ago. Enjoyed serving with Knights of St. Andrew. Enjoyed being K.C.C.H. Was stunned to receive notice not many years later of being elected for the 33rd degree. I think what I enjoyed more than anything have been the reunions and seeing new young men watch the dramatic exemplification of the degrees.

However, knowing what I have learned only this year I can no longer take joy in what I once believed to be a great brotherhood. I will not slander my former brethren, nor will I reveal what my oaths bound me to conceal. I will only say this - the detractors of the fraternity have been and continue to be very wrong. The majority of the brethren continue to be wrong as well. Ours is not a brotherhood without fault nor one that will not answer for what it has done, what it is and what it continues to do.

I can imagine how many of the masonic responses here will be. Leave now. Leave quietly. That little nagging that you feel or once felt should not be ignored. I want to thank the brothers who came to me and prompted this; they still read here at ATS although they don't post. I pray that even though our exodus numbers are small now that they will be heard and noticed. May God have mercy on us all and continue to show us His grace.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AdesteFideles

If you cannot tell us exactly why you left; I have to wonder why you created this thread.

I am also wondering; if what you have said is even true.

I'm just saying.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I am elated that you have discovered the truth. It too is my hope that such 'deliberate concealment' will be exposed to the world for what 'it' truly is. The deception is so extensive and malevolent that people deserve to know and not be snared under the guise of that which is deemed 'good'.

It is a terrifying thing to be snared and decieved at the cost of one's soul without the knowledge of the truth. The thing that surprises me is that it is quite obvious and with a little research 'its' discovery can be ascertained.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
What? What's the matter? They did it all for the money? The power? The women?
What could be so grotesque that it would repulse devoted masters of the craft?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Hi There!

Well thanks for communicating your disillusionment with Freemasonry.

I don't like the whole ethos of Freemasonry. It is a rotten apple in society. It allows for corruption, getting one step ahead in a rigged and unfair social game of secret networking, in my opinion.

I am no stranger to it having lived with a masonic family for seven years. My ex partner's dad was a high ranking freemason. He made her leave me because I liked Bob Marley and used that stuff that ATS forbids me to talk about.

My ex's Dad has great contacts, lots of cash and real estate. Yet he lacks emotional security:

He lost his brother who was murdered. His brother got his head blown off by an angry unemployed man with a shotgun when working in a job centre. His son died the night my ex and I split up, in a car crash aged 16 on April 2nd 1997, four days before his 17th birthday. His grand daughter died on April 6th some years later aged 15 from an epileptic seizure, which her mother put down to the awful medication she was on. The ambulance depot was 5 minutes away yet the ambulance did not come for over half an hour. She died on his son's would be birthday April 6th. That's an awful lot of tragedy for one man to bear!

I believe that being heavily involved in freemasonry and the occult side of it can have very devastating consequences upon families. I can't prove it, but the above example and my own witnessing of this man's lot and other such stories I have heard (things like Rothchild killing himself and bankers hanging under Blackfriars Bridge) is proof enough for me that I should always steer well clear.

I don't hate freemasons. Many good people with high morals and civility, yet hoodwinked by that institution.

Albert Pike, that self appointed hero of freemasonry is the corrupting dogma. They should throw every memory of that man away. He was a horrible, debauched and corrupted man who commited acts of treason against the U.S and its constitution. Damn his soul, that Lucifer loving idiot.

I am glad you are getting out. It is always your choice, but as someone who cares about his fellow man I would like to say that it is a no good place to be in a Lodge these days. A shame, but then every institution has become corrupt in the west.

Hiram Abiff? Jahbulon JAH BAAL HIRON (the dark trinity and a blasphemous reversal of the true Trinity of The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. You would be better placed with the latter and not the former. But then that is just my opinion isn't it!!!

Take good care and I wish you and Family all happiness.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling

edit on 6-8-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Sounds like you feel guilty about something that your brotherhood is involved with and you have come to realize that more people are involved than you thought so you KNEW you had to get out, because it's against what you believe to be " the right thing"...

I'm guessing your keeping silent because of possible retaliation or worse...legal matters.

Totally understandable.....

Is there a way of hinting at or spelling things out so that only one remaining option makes sense for us to decipher just as to why you left or what is up, without going against secrecy ?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Well, is it possible that you could be a bit more vague?

I am sure any and all will respect your opinions, but seeing as how you have not posted anything about them, it will be difficult.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

If you cannot tell us exactly why you left; I have to wonder why you created this thread.

I am also wondering; if what you have said is even true.

I'm just saying.

I'd second this sentiment as I smell Bravo Sierra

Perhaps you'd like to exchange notes with one of the known 32nds and 33rds to establish some bona fides because nothing in your brief posting history is even a slight challenge to Google

Fitz

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdesteFideles
I want to thank the brothers who came to me and prompted this; they still read here at ATS although they don't post.

I would like to invite any of these brothers to U2U me and let me in on this earth shattering information. If you have any love for a brother, you will share this info with someone who doesn't know it, but needs to.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I would like a U2U with this information as well.

I'll give my name and lodge # if needed. We have lodge tomorrow, so if I could get this info soon, it will be greatly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

I am also wondering if (perhaps) one of the reasons this thread was created...is to flush out members who really are in the Masons.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I apologize in advance for what I'm about to say, but anybody can jump on ATS and say they are something, and then say they are leaving it behind. Bernard Schnitzel could post a thread about why he is denouncing his 33rd Degree of Freemasonry, but it doesn't make it so.

So, for me to give your thread any serious consideration, I'd have to first know that you really have attained the rank you claim.

On the other hand, I have noticed an exodus from the Shriners and Scottish Rite here in my own district, but it is internal politics causing the rift, not anything to blame on the craft. Our local Shrine Temple is falling apart due to greed in the finances of the Scottish Rite, the Temple, and the Blue Lodge that all inhabit the same building. The building is being foreclosed on, and something that was once owned free and clear and donated to the craft, and is worth a few million dollars, is now owned by a single outside entity, bought for pennies on the dollar, and they would be foolish to not evict the Shrine and sell the real estate. Instead of the Scottish Rite leadership compromising with the Shrine Temple leadership, they all spited each other to the point they are all losing everything.

So, please tell us, is your leaving a result of something similar to what I have posted, or is it some secret knowledge you learned as a 33rd Degree Mason?

If you feel more comfortable, you can PM me as others have also suggested. I'd be happy to vet your information and report back to the thread that you are indeed a real Mason, and not just a story teller.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

I am also wondering if (perhaps) one of the reasons this thread was created...is to flush out members who really are in the Masons.

Well, I think the real Masons on the board have been quite open in identifying themselves and have been for some time. It's the 'Masons' who suddenly appear out of the blue and post 'drop a bomb' threads that get looked at sideways

Fitz

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

If you feel more comfortable, you can PM me as others have also suggested. I'd be happy to vet your information and report back to the thread that you are indeed a real Mason, and not just a story teller.

Pray God this isn't the beginning of another Monkey Lodge-type thread. The weather's too nice today to waste on such foolishness. Personally, my money's on him abandoning the thread

Fitz

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I do have a question for you.

In this post it seems you have no idea of the title a 33rd degree Scottish Rite mason holds. Could you please clarify your confusion?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I will echo what others have stated . anyone can post that they are Masons , 33rd degree SR Masons etc; etc; . The OP is vague , you did not name the reason for your leaving yet nay-sayers are congratulating you for no reason because they THINK Freemasonry is a "bad apple in society" .

But I will say that the SR and Shrine are hurting in my area also . Most of it is due to the economy . I left the SR myself , but it had nothing to do with some imaginary evil secrets I have learned from 33rds' , that I have been wronged by it's members (which I have not , when I could not afford to pay for my yearly dues , the SR waived them and told me not to worry about ) I have been treated with nothing but the utmost respect from the members of the SR . I left because I live far from my valley and gain nothing from paying yearly dues . I can study on my own for free . I also left because all these other bodies and clubs I was a member was getting in the way of my dedication to my two Craft lodges .
edit on 6-8-2012 by whenandwhere because: grammar

edit on 6-8-2012 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I do have a question for you.

In this post it seems you have no idea of the title a 33rd degree Scottish Rite mason holds. Could you please clarify your confusion?

That reply was a joke, as was the next reply in that thread. I assumed that was obvious.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdesteFideles

That reply was a joke, as was the next reply in that thread. I assumed that was obvious.

This thread is a joke.
It's getting pretty obvious

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I have some questions that I would like the OP to answer, that wouldn't break any oaths. Are you willing to proceed?
edit on 6-8-2012 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whenandwhere

I can study on my own for free . I also left because all these other bodies and clubs I was a member was getting in the way of my dedication to my two Craft lodges .

That's what I have seen. The SR has devalued itself by making the 4th through 32nd too easy to attain, and therefore holding no value. I knew a guy that went through and didn't remember much of anything from the whirlwind work, and he was left to study on his own afterwards. Many men are choosing to focus on their Blue Lodge, because the Blue Lodges are also suffering from the economy.

I'm a BIG fan of the Shriner hospitals, and I'll continue to pay those dues, and attend the fundraisers for the hospitals, but these days you don't have to join SR to join the Shrine, and you don't have to be a member of either one to contribute money to support the hospitals, so if they want to continue to survive, they'll need to find a way to add value to their for their membership.

I hope the Blue Lodge can learn from these mistakes as well, because I'm afraid in many areas the Blue Lodge work is taken trivially and the catechisms are not being learned, and investigating committees are more worried about dues than character, so Masonry could also lose its value if it isn't very careful.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join