It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brilliant Speech on the Floor of the Senate - MoneyChangers Greed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
He says it like it is. Debt is always the result of taking reward that is not earned. It goes much deeper that what he states.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
All of this would fall away if we all just simply opted out of their system.
I can live without them, they cannot live without me!
And I agree, it seems like the US has a 51st state, God Bress Amelika!
Simple solution folks, join me.
edit on 6-8-2012 by g146541 because: can

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
And you'll have a few Republicans in here soon screaming about the "American dream" and the "rights" of millionaires to keep their money. And most of those people are supposedly "Christian" too.

I'm Pagan, and I'm more Christian in my beliefs and morality than any Republican I have ever seen.

The fact is, the rich are insanely greedy. Government is in their pocket, and the Republican party especially is all for personal gain over national well-being.

Nothing is going to change while corporations and bankers own your political parties. Both of them are owned by the highest paying scum on the planet.

The ONLY way America can sort out these problems is to fundamentally change the federal government, remove corporate power and influence from government, restrict what corporations can get away with.

None of that is going to happen, and that is why revolution in America is inevitable. Egypt had exactly the same problem. The elites owned everything, and although they didn't use law to justify it as happens in the West, the inequality was the same. They got to a far worse position before that young man set himself alight in the marketplace, but the path to that event was pretty much the same.

When a minority is continually allowed to syphon the wealth out of a population you end up with desperate people willing to do anything to rectify the balance, and that is what is going to happen in the USA. If the government will not address the fundamental problems of economic inequality you will end up with a population with their backs against the wall and no solution but to fight their way out.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Not just the US but western economies and the middle east. Western economies due to the siphoning off of trillions (yes trillions) via "legitimate" banking and tax loopholes. Middle eastern economies by dictatorship. The end result is the same trillions of dollars (or whatever) languishing in offshore tax havens instead of circulating around an economy keeping it ticking over. China, India, Brazil etc will come a cropper next. Once their boom falters and the trillions currently being siphoned out of their countries becomes public knowlege (to them) then the same thing.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I agree with the American dream...but these companies are stealing and using the law to manipulate more money!
They're using every loop- hole for their benefit. Don't even get me started on their charity. That's one charity I don't want!!!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Not exactly on topic, But who else noticed the expressionless automaton in the background. Seriously, that guy looks like he's a robot slave awaiting activation. Nothing going on in that head besides awaiting orders..

I don't mean to judge a book by its cover.. But That guy just looks... Soulless..

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
If the rich want class warfare they better watch out because unlike some other countries we have guns. I know an army of young people underpaid and without jobs that are ready to revolt. They have no future and are ready to snap.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

good on him for having the balls to say that.
a republican no less.

this man for president.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

a republican no less.

this man for president.

I thought he was an independent!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

TOTALLY! Either he was drugged or in some hypnitic trance. Creepy as hell.

As for Bernie... notice that he's an Independent. Just more proof that we need to scrub Washington clean of ALL Democrats and ALL Republicans. They are nothing but thieving, treasonous scum selling-out the country to the highest bidders... all the while slowly passing legislation to increasingly limit our ability to protest, organize and stop this insanity. Throw them out before we end up having to eat their families and children.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

a republican no less.

this man for president.

Sanders was a Republican who switched to Independent during the Bush era and often caucuses with the Democratic party on a range of issues..

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

We can remove corporate influence from government easily. We can make all political donations anonymous, put them all into a pool, and distribute them equally among all the candidates. Then we can make lobbying a capital crime. We can also make accepting cash or favors by an elected official a capital crime.

new topics

top topics

join