It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul NOT given role at Republican Convention

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well here it is. The final step to erase Ron Paul from the face of the Earth. I thought that he won enough states to be guaranteed a spot, but I guess rules mean very little to the GOP leaders.

I seems likely that Congressman Paul's Audit the FED bill and his stance on military intervention, while popular nationally, may be displeasing to the big money interests that are funding Governor Romney's campaign.

Paul not given role at Republican Convention

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

Wasn´t it only a few days ago we heard the exact opposite, that he was warmly invited to the convention? I read that in numerous articles... Here is one www.clarionledger.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Reading the CNN article sourced there is no mention of Paul not having a speaking role. It was merely a list of high profile people that will have a speaking role as a well as a list of people who are not going to be announced in this first go around of announcements. While Paul's name is not mentioned in either list I think that is due to the fact that he is assumed to be speaking. People really need to stop sourcing the Examiner. I don't know if I've seen a truthful article from them yet.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I hope this is just BS. But CNN and Foxnews put out the list of people speaking and it doesnt mention RP. I wouldnt be suprised if he ends up not getting an invite. But i hope not.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Here is the original story that the CNN story sources. You'll note that these seven are only the headline speakers. Other speakers will not be announced until we get closer to the Convention. You'll also note that Romney is not on this list. Do you think he's not speaking as well?

RNC speakers include Rick Scott, John McCain, Condoleezza Rice, Nikki Haley, Mike Huckabee, John Kasich and Susana Martinez
edit on 8/6/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
How can you NOT give Ron Paul a role? And Kasich? What a joke? Kasich got into office and began raising taxes. My city is now facing a 15mil tax hike cause he gutted the education budget. Cities pay into the state's tax fund and he gives nothing back to the cities. He's running a personal fiefdom. worst governor ever.

The RNC is hitting rock bottom when even the former president won't show up for the convention, and the #2 guy in the nomination race is left out.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Blame it all on his supporters who were circumventing the system trying to steal delegates, even when Ron Paul had to take them behind the woodshed on more than one occasion for a tongue lashing, they would never listen.

I thought he could still squeak out a 3am podium spot but even that is gone for him.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Steal delegates? Are you retarded?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Yes his campaign will go down in history as delegate stealing crybabies who couldn't win a single state by popular vote. Problem with that? Go take an IQ test if you do.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Well that answers my question.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

comn man, being from the East Coast of Canada, you should have more respect than calling someone the R word.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Well saying that participating actively in the republican system is somehow equal to theft, makes one wonder. Even my down syndrome cousin knows what stealing is.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I suspect the reason Paul will not be allow to speak is that TPTB fear that he will not only *not* endorse Mitt Romney, but that he might go so far as to endorse Gary Johnson. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Here is the original story that the CNN story sources. You'll note that these seven are only the headline speakers. Other speakers will not be announced until we get closer to the Convention. You'll also note that Romney is not on this list. Do you think he's not speaking as well?

RNC speakers include Rick Scott, John McCain, Condoleezza Rice, Nikki Haley, Mike Huckabee, John Kasich and Susana Martinez
edit on 8/6/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

Mitt Romney is not listed there either.

This is a list of key not speakers, not the candidates themselves. As far as I know, Paul is still a candidate for the nomination, although it is highly unlikely he will win the nomination. I don't think he would want to be relegated to the roll of key not speaker, because that is only a place for a concession speech, not a hopeful candidate.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is a trick, what they are hoping for are Rabid Ron Paul fans sharing this, and influencing their choice in showing up at the convention. Ron paul is not only eligible, he's winning by so much of a landslide, they are pooping themselves in fear &cheating by any way they can. Including dis-info and inside men & women ready to sabotage anyway they can. I's disgusting. Yet we can prevail through taking their jobs. That simple, we call the shots, not merely vote. Go Constitution!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
All delegates will be allowed to vote their conscience.

You think Romney has any real delegates?

I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ron Paul was NOT invited to speak at the Republican Convention. I think the RNC is missing a HUGE opportunity to rally Ron's loyal activists into the Republican cause, which is (typically) dedicated to empowering individuals to live a free life with a small government that rarely puts its paws on individual lives. Ron Paul's followers share these essential (but ironically and often forgotten) ideals.

I do see, however, why they would be scared to let Ron Paul speak: A good portion of his own political views and understandings do NOT match the GOP Party Platform. The RNC obviously wants to present strong party platform supporters. The RNC would pick only robots if they could, but they have platform loyalists instead. I cannot blame them for wanting to cling to a solid party platform presentation, even though that move may verily cost us GOPers the election in November.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by twoandthree

He doesn't need an invitation to speak if he met the requirements, just as Twitt Rmoney doesn't need one.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Redskydelight

Oh wow.......
Using the same handle everywhere is not a smart idea.
edit on Mon, 06 Aug 2012 15:06:37 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join