It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ASEA: Nutritional Supplement or Scam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
My grandmother just started taking this stuff and she happily told me it's her elixir for life. I am very interested in nutrition and natural health stuff, so I asked to see the ingredients. I was kind of dumbfounded when I saw Chloride and Sodium and water! I'm thinking, "wait, isn't that just salt water?" Meanwhile she's babbling on about what my uncle told her about it, not much. I didn't have the heart to say anything about it possibly being a scam. I went home and started to read about it. It seems to be some kind of chemical process that they do with it to make it able to activate antioxidants to do their thing. They say the process makes Redox Signaling Molecules for you to ingest. The ads even say something like you can eat all the antioxidants you want, but with out them being activated by this stuff, that they claim is made in our bodies anyway, then they do you no good.

I'm just wondering if anyone here uses this stuff and what their experience is with it. Also, to the chemists out there, is it a legitimate process? And to the medically savvy, is this even usable by our bodies the way the ads say it is?

By the way, it's $150 for a case of 4 32oz. bottles! Here's some links.

www.buyredoxwater.com...

www.bizforus.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

You're right, i've search for that product and found a picture with the ingredients,
here it is

It is indeed salt water. It's best you warn your grandmother about it.
It may not be as bad as sea water, but i doubt that it has any beneficial attributes.

Plus, paying 150$ for salt water, damn, that's a lot

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Neph89

Yeah, I don't think she'd listen because her beloved, most precious, wonderful son told her about it. Seriously, she plays favorites with her kids. Plus I read on a forum somewhere that the "magic" was in the way they treated the sodium and chloride molecules. I guess. It still seems hokey to me. But that's why I asked for some other people's opinions on, and knowledge of, it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

Humm... In that case, i think you should talk about the hazard of drinking salt water with your uncle (i presume he is your uncle).
If your grandmother wants that badly to fight aging, then a placebo whould do wonders, because one of the best medicines in the world its believing that you are achieving your goals.
Salt water may serve as a placebo to, but has side effects such as dehidration.
A good placebo is plain flower pills.
My grandmother used some on my great grandmother because she was faking illnesses, worked like a charm

If your uncle is stubborn, it him with a frying pan to show that you're serious (pun intended).

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
They say your gut instinct is usually right...
In this case, I believe you have the right idea.
It may be a nice batch of expensive Snake oil.

I look at her reactions almost as the Placebo Effect.
I don't see the benefits of using "sodium activated water".
But I'm just an undereducated scientist at best.

The human body is an amazing work of elegant sophistication.
It can breakdown molecules to the most tiny sizes...to be used by the trillions of cells.
To say that it needs help in order to aid this process...and for antioxidants?
I don't believe it and I remain skeptical of this particular substance.

But...there are substances that do actually work wonders.
Most are squashed and suppressed or illegal.
We wouldn't want to hinder profits...now would we?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Neph89

Hah, I believe you are correct about the placebo effect. It could explain why my uncle has lost weight and can now walk without a walker because of weight and joint pains. About dehydration also, on the bottle it says drink plenty of water! Ugh. Of course they would say it. Anyway thanks for your responses.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I believe you are absolutely correct about the body's wondrous way of being able to do what it needs to do. If we really need that product the way the company says we need it, then how did we do as well as we have as a species this far? Silly.

I do believe also that there are wonderful natural foods and edibles that can do wonders with us and our health, but the big businesses squash it. They can't make money if people know that foraged and grown plants can be obtained for nothing or almost nothing. They wouldn't need to pay the big pharmaceutical companies for their "cures." Not to mention the "cures" are actually worse for us sometimes when it comes to big pharma.

top topics

join