It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Chemotherapy can backfire and boost cancer growth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by Sinny

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by Sinny

I watched a documentary some time last year that stated Chemo had a ridiclously low success rate, like 9

Totally depends on the cancer, stage etc.

The problem is, there is nothing better, and it is better than nothing. Note the study said "chemotherapy can backfire", not that it always does, this doesn't really tell us anything especially new or surprising. It is certainly not proof we should stop using it.

Better than nothing....

But about the instances where its not succesfull, and instead is detrimental?

As it usually is.
Witnessed it first hand numerous times, trust me, I'd litterally bet my life on skipping it.

And what that plant that helps fight cancer that China have banned from exportation??

Garr, I never remember anything!

You want me to "trust you"? That's not a good argument. You need to compare chemo against nothing, statistically to see whether it has an affect better than nothing, for each of the specific cancers, and stages, and then take an individualized approach to decide whether it will be beneficial or not.

Chemotherapy is close to useless in many cases, but is highly effective in others. In some cases, refusing chemo just makes sense, in others, it's signing a death sentence.

Just stop man, you seriously come of as an idiot.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Very helpful topic for me.
My sister will be having a chemo and I do believe that the chemo can help to cure her cancer.

Regards,
Marry G.

edit on 4-9-2012 by marrygibs0n because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/4/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: spam link removed

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join