It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seven people shot on party boat in detroit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Poverty and Crime ridden city, with more then likely a illegal firearm, what's the news story? It has to be a attack on upper middle class folks with gun bought and registered to the shooter from the local sporting good store to be a news story. Otherwise just another day in Detroit.

I'm tired of weak, pathetic loud mouths that need to pull a pistol just because they got punked trying to be hard. Senseless. I'm glad I'm not old enough to remember the city when she was in her full glory, just make it even sadder when I go down there. Looking around at the architecture you can tell it once was a beautiful place.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'm usually quick with a silver lining or some light hearted way of looking at things...in this world, it's almost a requirement. For Detroit?
There is no easy way to put it.... It's probably as close to a wasteland and no mans land as America has anywhere. The problem is....what brought them down is what other states and cities are still playing tricks to keep from facing. They're probably just the first..... This recently ran though, for perspective...

Detroit has more than 30,000 vacant houses, and the deficit-strangled city has no resources of its own to level them. Mayor Dave Bing is promoting a plan to tear down as many as possible using federal money. The state is also contributing to the effort.

But it's hard to keep up. About a quarter-million people moved out of Detroit between 2000 and 2010, leaving just over 700,000 residents in a city built for 2 million.
Source

It's the kind of place now where $1,000 can buy a house. Not a model house...a real one. Heck, $10,000 could buy a very nice Victorian type, the last I looked. America isn't in the process of collapse for some people. It already HAS collapsed. It's just subject no one in media or politics seems willing to touch with a 10ft pole.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Detroit has been a on downward spiral for many years. Crime is nothing new and I think people are becoming desensitized to it.....

Detroi's history is bittersweet.
In hindsight, there were plenty of signs that Detroit was headed for ruin.

For those living in the area....and those who are interested....this is a fascinating study of the city.
Detr oit, a biography
I found it by accident...enlightening.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet that these people are black.

No one cares about black people.

Bet that some fool talked smack about some BS.

Got mad.

Went to car.

Started shooting up the party boat.

Everyday thang.

Bet.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
What in the world is going on with these crazy people ?

This is getting out of control.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
I'm willing to bet that these people are black.

No one cares about black people.

Bet that some fool talked smack about some BS.

Got mad.

Went to car.

Started shooting up the party boat.

Everyday thang.

Bet.

I'll take that bet, because the article clearly says it was a female.

But, it doesn't say what race, so you're probably at least half correct. It seems to me that when a fight happens and somebody goes to the car and comes back and sprays a crowd with gunfire, it is usually a black thing. Contrast that with some overly educated, overly stressed dude getting dumped by a girl, plotting for months, dressing up in a costume, and then shooting up 100 random strangers.... that is usually a white thing. I don't know which is better or worse, seems like everyone is crazy these days.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by ANOMALY502

Yet more reason to get guns banned in the USA!!

These guys doing this aren't the usual type of person who would go out of their way to kill people.... they seem like normal random people who have suddenly lost it.....

If they were to put hit and runs on the front page would you be all for car control...take away everyone's cars?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
reply to post by n00bUK

I agree with your post, i have been a police officer here for 18 years and have seen many times where the bad guy gets exactly what he deserves. But bear in mind there are a myriad of laws and stipulations pertaining to conceal carry. But not too much on open carry (openly carrying your sidearm on your hip). I am very surprised it hasn't caught on in a larger way.

Primarily because while it is your right in some places some LEO's are not well versed in the law and they see gun and go all Dirty Harry on people. (That is hyperbole obviously.) Who wants to get stopped all the time to only to have to explain the law to those that are supposed to be enforcing it.

I concealed carry because even where I live guns tend to make people nervous - people get freaked because the media makes guns out to be scary.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It's the kind of place now where $1,000 can buy a house. Not a model house...a real one. Heck, $10,000 could buy a very nice Victorian type, the last I looked. America isn't in the process of collapse for some people. It already HAS collapsed. It's just subject no one in media or politics seems willing to touch with a 10ft pole.

Liberals ran Detroit into the ground. Been run by democrats for going on 60 or more years - it’s a prime example of how high taxes and low standards will drive business and people away.

I live in MO like you. I looked into Detroit actually because of investment opportunities but the tax rates, crime, and local politics curbed any desire I had. Honestly having served many tours overseas parts of Detroit look worse than Iraq.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
A shooting out of anger is different than a planned attack like the Aurora shooting.

And no one in the USA really cares much about black on black crimes...(which going by her name, probably the case).
edit on 6-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

There were two bodies dismembered and dumped near the Detroit River....both were white, as well as the alleged killer.

I don't even think it's only black on black anymore.

It's about the haves and the have-nots.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Not when it happened but shortly after. As stated earlier i am a police officer in detroit and get the pleasure of sorting out all the messes people make.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

The case your referring to was someone from the suburbs who came to detroit to dump the bodies.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Its my belief and my conspiratorial mind, that all this attention to these shootings, and perhaps some staged, are pointed directly at (pun intended) the armed citizens of the US..

I used to think like you too, it's called short sightedness. If the US was planning on taking away guns you wouldn't hear about it.

Instead, we "hear" about them taking away guns and other things all the time. Then some hero politician comes in a quashes it and all the while you were oblivious to everything else going on because you were worrying about your guns the whole time...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Seven people shot IS NOT A MASS SHOOTING. 70 people shot as in CO is a mass shooting. And besides that, this in Detroit, and so certainly not a mass shooting. More like "just another night in Detroit".

How do you justify something like this because it 'Always happens"? (just another night in detroit)

So detroit has a lot of shootings, doesn't make it right. If you are just talking generally I apologize...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
This is terrible news ! What is going on with the world today , just walk in a shoot the place up . The reason why i believe its not headline news because of the rampid crimes that happpen in detriot

Check out this graph

www.clrsearch.com...

Now if you put all those in the headlines everyday , The news would be saturated with what happened in detriot today .

Terrible event , Some people have lost , faded or no moral compass in life.

Sorry if i sound ignorant, but that graph doesn't make any sense to me

isn't Detroit and Michigan in the United States? don't you count United States as the whole country combined?

as an example to me thats like saying Melbourne and Sydney are in the 100 and 200+ crime rate but Australia is lower and in the 50 crime rate row

can someone explain this graph to me please.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Yes, nonetheless....the bodies were dumped in Detroit...although a person living with them is the alleged evil-doer.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

And no one in the USA really cares much about black on black crimes...(which going by her name, probably the case).

Now...see!! THAT is racist.
True, but racist.

I don't see anything wrong with stating the obvious as you did, but the extra sensitive among us could take something like that and run with it!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Because nobody was killed. . # like this happens everyday, especially in America (not a dig). Unless peoples heads are blown off and media can use it for their agenda, this is not worthy of our attention, so they think.

Theres a huge problem in America, I don't know if the problem is easy accesability to weapons or the people who actually live there.

I know people defend gun owndership by saying they save lives, but where was the gun owners in any of these situations? Why didnt they defuse the situation?

Im genuinly interested in this subject as I believe you can't just take peoples guns off them, its in their constitution, simple as that. Are gun owners allowed to go into buildings with weapons? Maybe a gun owner hasnt been able to defuse these situations because they werent allowed to bring their gun into the said building/boat or what ever(?)
Does these restrictions on where you're allowed you're weapon defeat the whole point of been permited to carry weapons?

I'm not derailign your thread, I apolagize if you think I have.

Edit to add:

If i would of been in any of these recent shootings, and I was an armed American citizen (which i would choose to be) Then I would of not hesitated to blow any of these peoples heads clean off. not messing about, no what if's. If the guy is risking peoples livez, hes getting battered over here, in America hes getting his head blown off.

Why are gun owners not there to defuse the situation?
edit on 6-8-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

Staying out of trouble("tactically aware of your circumstances") is especially important for armed people. We are not all walking around distracted "in the white"; like most folks. You must always be aware of who is around you; who is a possible threat; cover,concealment,and escape opportunities...

And because people who can string a few paragraphs together to defend the constitution in online forums know enough not to live in hellholes like Detroit. Or go looking for trouble in a dark alley. Show up uninvited in my livingroom at 0200 though and you'd become a statistic..
Still nobody Wants to shoot anybody.
edit on 7-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The reason the media doesn't report on it is because I don't need to know how many people were shot several hundred something miles from me. I don't want to hear it. It doesn't pertain to me.

I dont want to hear about shootings going on in the national news centers. We have local news for that. I want to hear what is going on around the world.

When you have a country of 300+ million people, youre going to have murders, i dont want to hear about it every time some one gets killed, nothing i can do about it and if he isnt related to me, it isnt my business.

However, if it was in my local area and he was on the lose, then yeah, it pertains to me.

Be realistic.
edit on 8-8-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join