It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seven people shot on party boat in detroit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

seven people shot on party boat in detroit

wxyz.m0bl.net

Seven people shot early this morning. After a fight on a party boat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yet another mass shooting, but the people shot must not be important enough since the story garnered no national media attention. Amazing how the national media picks and chooses what is news and what isn't. Maybe it was because the lady was a bad shot and no one was killed. Or maybe its because it was detroit and for us here its business as usual.

wxyz.m0bl.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This is terrible news ! What is going on with the world today , just walk in a shoot the place up . The reason why i believe its not headline news because of the rampid crimes that happpen in detriot

Check out this graph

www.clrsearch.com...

Now if you put all those in the headlines everyday , The news would be saturated with what happened in detriot today .

Terrible event , Some people have lost , faded or no moral compass in life.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You're correct. The national news won't discuss it because it reads like an average day in Detroit (no offense). The horrible violence in Chicago garners very little attention as well. Gotta have the "right" kind of attacker to make the news.

That being said, the FBI is now quick to label the recent "Sikh Shooting" as an act of Domestic Terror when the same authority refused to label the Ft. Hood shooting as such. The FBI and the DOJ mopped up that case and put a polish on Hasan as fast as they could. Just the opposite in the Wisconsin shooting. They are already quick to paint the shooter as a skinhead/white supremacist who probably thought he was attacking a Mosque rather than a Sikh temple.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I work here, there is much more going on than will ever be reported. Its basically the wild west.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Because nobody was killed. . # like this happens everyday, especially in America (not a dig). Unless peoples heads are blown off and media can use it for their agenda, this is not worthy of our attention, so they think.

Theres a huge problem in America, I don't know if the problem is easy accesability to weapons or the people who actually live there.

I know people defend gun owndership by saying they save lives, but where was the gun owners in any of these situations? Why didnt they defuse the situation?

Im genuinly interested in this subject as I believe you can't just take peoples guns off them, its in their constitution, simple as that. Are gun owners allowed to go into buildings with weapons? Maybe a gun owner hasnt been able to defuse these situations because they werent allowed to bring their gun into the said building/boat or what ever(?)
Does these restrictions on where you're allowed you're weapon defeat the whole point of been permited to carry weapons?

I'm not derailign your thread, I apolagize if you think I have.

Edit to add:

If i would of been in any of these recent shootings, and I was an armed American citizen (which i would choose to be) Then I would of not hesitated to blow any of these peoples heads clean off. not messing about, no what if's. If the guy is risking peoples livez, hes getting battered over here, in America hes getting his head blown off.

Why are gun owners not there to defuse the situation?
edit on 6-8-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thing is chicago has triple the population of detroit. On a per capita basis detroit is still worse.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
You're correct. The national news won't discuss it because it reads like an average day in Detroit (no offense). The horrible violence in Chicago garners very little attention as well. Gotta have the "right" kind of attacker to make the news.

That being said, the FBI is now quick to label the recent "Sikh Shooting" as an act of Domestic Terror when the same authority refused to label the Ft. Hood shooting as such. The FBI and the DOJ mopped up that case and put a polish on Hasan as fast as they could. Just the opposite in the Wisconsin shooting. They are already quick to paint the shooter as a skinhead/white supremacist who probably thought he was attacking a Mosque rather than a Sikh temple.

Its my belief and my conspiratorial mind, that all this attention to these shootings, and perhaps some staged, are pointed directly at (pun intended) the armed citizens of the US..

A government hell bent on forceful takeover and subjugation of its people, cannot do so when they are armed.

This plays right into the hands of TPTB to pass more and more legislation and laws, and target more people, in order to unarm its people....

Its really hard to complete an agenda when your people can fight back, just look at any civil war outbreak going on over seas right now and how hard of a time the gov is having dealing with them (syria).

Our gov knows this and sees whats going on......it scares them that we can fight back.....

Im telling you, this is intentional.......this.....is an agenda, and genuine conspiracy......

(smiles as hes put on the watch list)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

No problem, detroit (wayne county) in general has seen a huge surge in concealed carry permits, but the majority of crimes are perpetrated by people who illegally obtained there firearm. Taking guns from the law abiding citizens will do nothing to stem the shootings done by unlawful guns.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
reply to post by n00bUK

No problem, detroit (wayne county) in general has seen a huge surge in concealed carry permits, but the majority of crimes are perpetrated by people who illegally obtained there firearm. Taking guns from the law abiding citizens will do nothing to stem the shootings done by unlawful guns.

I never said take their guns. In fact, I said i don't agree with that as its in your constitution. . .

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

The UN Arms treaty is still alive.... How many more incidents like these will push the nation over the tipping point and push our nation into signing that piece of garbage.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I agree with your post, i have been a police officer here for 18 years and have seen many times where the bad guy gets exactly what he deserves. But bear in mind there are a myriad of laws and stipulations pertaining to conceal carry. But not too much on open carry (openly carrying your sidearm on your hip). I am very surprised it hasn't caught on in a larger way.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

Yet more reason to get guns banned in the USA!!

These guys doing this aren't the usual type of person who would go out of their way to kill people.... they seem like normal random people who have suddenly lost it.....

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Yet another mass shooting, but the people shot must not be important enough since the story garnered no national media attention.

I'm guessing it's more likely that it's because it happens so often in the US, Deaths from guns and multiple shootings, that there would be no other news if they reported every single one.

So they cherry pick the one's that suit the agenda of the day/week/month or whatever on the news channel.
edit on 6/8/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

reply to post by n00bUK

But not too much on open carry (openly carrying your sidearm on your hip). I am very surprised it hasn't caught on in a larger way.

I don't open carry
because i don't wanna
get shot by some trigger
happy cop ... that doesn't know the law

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This is just a question.

Were the victims black?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Edit: ''Victims suffered only minor injuries, police said.''

They are not dead it seems so no news.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Law abiding citizens who are gun owners do not carry their weapons into places where they are not allowed- criminals do however. I don't know the laws in Detroit or Chicago but where I live there are places where you cannot legally carry a firearm. Examples being courthouses, schools, liquor stores, etc. It just depends on where you are at. It is legal to carry a firearm into most business establishments, but a lot of businesses post signs saying that there are no firearms allowed in their store. Law abiding gun owners honor these type situations and do not carry when they enter these places. Criminals do not feel the need to abide by the local laws or to honor a business establishment's policies.

Also, there are places where it is illegal to even own a handgun within the city limits. I believe Washington D.C. is one of the places where this holds true. Funny though- the criminals still manage to have handguns there.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I will tell you why this is not "news".

#1. It is Detroit. That city has degenerated into a cess pool and if they report it, they have to admit it.

#2. No one is dead. 7 people shot, 6 with non life threatening injuries and one in critical condition. Zero people dead. The story is not sensational enough for the MSM.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If normal people are becoming the regular type of mass murderers, maybe being normal isn't a good idea anymore.
If you don't wanna lose your mind and kill your neighbors tomorrow, start being different today.

ETA. What kind of person is a normal everyday person, and how can you know what type are usually going to kill?
They don't all just flip out, James was planned out, he was never a normal person.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join