It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

36 Percent of Fukushima Children Have Abnormal Thyroid Growths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I have been keeping up the situation in Japan closely because I live in this nation. There is all this line of BS from the J-gov that radiation is no big deal and everyone is simply overacting. That is what they would have you believe but that is simply not the case. Here is my video report covering what is happening to children in Fukushima due to their exposure to radiation. They should be having these kinds of problem so quickly if you go by the government numbers on radiation released from former Fukushima NPP.

CONFIRMED: 36 Percent Of Fukushima Kids Have Abnormal Thyroid Growths And Doctors Are In The Dark Read more: www.businessinsider.com...[/url]

Position Statement: What Is Currently Happening to Fukushima Children? This is a break down of the numbers from the independent report translated from Japanese.
fukushimavoice-eng.blogspot.jp...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

Just the same as Cherlnobal, There was a program about Thyroid operations long after the event, But to emerge so quickly after the reactor breakdown in Japan is IMO time to seriously think off moving as far away as possible from the sourse area if possible.
Think off the better medical care that is availible here in the UK alone.
Them Islands are going to be a waste land in the next 100 years, Why do you think China and Japan are fighting for any land going at the moment, Your Social elite have seen the writing on the wall and are getting out off Dodge so to speak.

Good luck my friend

edit on 6-8-2012 by foxhoundone because: Merlot head.

Subject description History of accidental radiation exposure Prevalence of thyroid cysts
Fukushima children ages 0-18 (average age 10) Yes 35 %
Nagasaki children ages 7-14 No 0.8 %
American children age 10 No 0.5-1 %
Chernobyl children under age 18 Yes 0.5 %

edit on 6-8-2012 by foxhoundone because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is outrageous, this should have all been avoided though evacuations, but ofcorse the cheaper options win (doing nothing)

Namaste

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
S&F for this one FreedomWV. Having no trust of governments in general and having worked in a nuclear power plant this does not surprise me. I actually tried to get work at the plants because I would be documenting and keeping a diary of the illegal and underhanded crap bad contractors do with the utility turning a blind eye.

What are radiation levels of hot spots around Fukushima contamination which should starting to concentrate as the wind, rain and the natural forces of erosion work to concentrate radioactive contaminated particles. I see this as the elephant in the room because you can n escape the radiation through distance but these radioactive contaminated particles will remain in the environment.

Another big question is about the water supply which might be effected as particles of radioactive concentrate in water sheds?

If I lived in japan I would definitely be filtering my water.
edit on 6-8-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: syntax

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

The sickest part of this the J-gov is refusing to admit anything is happening to these poor little children. The J-gov usually stays all silent when the topic of radiation exposure comes up. In there eyes it is low dose or no exposure at all happened. The politicians are all too happy to let TEPCO deal with independent studies which come out reporting high levels of radiation exposure and leakage from Fukushima NPP but the J-gov itself avoids the topic. They let TEPCO do the radiation lying for them and if they are caught in that lie they simply come and say something like, `We lied but it is okay now.`

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I was in Fukushima last August. Will keep an eye on this.

I was there for about 5 days. What's the chances honestly of some kind of radiation getting to me?
I stayed not too far from ebisu mountain.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

SMH, this IS A SAPIENS SAPIENS ISSUE and yet JAPAN is left to task it. Sad thing is it may take for other countries to see these effets or similar to get those countries into a more supportive role in Japan. MY HEART and VIRBATIONS ARE there with them. VERY SAD THE WAY THE EA*RTH BEHAVES AT TIMES.

edit on 8/6/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Thanks for the post and the video. Very depressing stuff.

I note that ATS is too bothered with all the other stuff about murder and killings to popularize your thread, but your thread is the most humanist and well intentioned of all I have read today. It inspired me to write to TEPCO and the Japanese Government, which I have done. I will also write to the BBC to quiz them on the fact that that they have deliberately not reported facts about the disaster and the ongoing contamination issues.

If anyone else wants to write a letter of protest to TEPCO here is the link:

TEPCO contact

Here is a copy of the letters I have written:

To TEPCO

"Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am writing to communicate my utter horror at the way your company,the Japaness Government and world media networks have handled the Fukushima Nuclear disaster.

I am having to get all my information from independent media and analysers of the contamination effects upon the Japanese people and others nations who have been exposed to radiation as a result of the leaking and exploding reactors.

What I have witnessed this last year as to what amounts to a media blackout and utter lack of information being communicated about the contamination of human beings, from TEPCO and the Japanese government.

I am receiving via independent media sources very worrying and diturbing reports about Japanese children from the Fukushima Province having strange thyroid growths, alongside all manner of other reports of the severe contamination and poisoning of human beings.

Yet I hear NOTHING from TEPCO and the Japanese government.

I am criticising TEPCO and the Japanese government in the strongest terms for your whole handling of this crisis and what I believe to be a very disturbing blackout of information and the true effects of the contamination.

You will not be able to hide from this. It is real. The truth about the contamination is and will continue to surface despite what I believe to be your deliberate silence, the silence of the Japanese government and the silence of the world media outlets.

The Japanese people have many concerned friends around the world and this will not be allowed to be silenced.

I urge you and the Japanese government to come clean with the true effects of the contamination, to gather true and proper statistics via the health services, doctors and scientists in Japan and to provide the very best health care to all the innocent people affected by this appaulling, largely man made disaster.

Thanks for your time

yours sincerely

Michael ****"

To the UK Japanese Embassy:

"Dear Sir.

I am writing to express my utter horror at what is my opinion an utter cover up of the facts pertaining to the contamination of the japanese and other nationalities as a result of the Fukushima radioactive contamination.

I have written to TEPC and also I wish you to be aware of this letter and my criticism of TEPCO, the Japanese government and world media outlets for not informing the world more as to the true implications and effects of this disaster.

After a year of having to get all my info from independent media and in a climate where there is little or no facts coming from either the Japanese government or TEPC about the true effects of the contamination all I can do is to express my disgust at the way this entire incident has been handled. TEPCO and the Japanese government have not lived up to their responsibilities to inform the populace properly and in my opinion there is a deliberate cover up to hide all the facts.(followed by a copy of the letter to TEPCO).

I shall also be writing to the main media organisation in my country, the BBC, to ask why they have not reported on this disaster effectively and have not informed us about the ongoing contamination issues.

yours sincerely,

Michael ****"

Well atleast I try! Better than sitting on my ass and doing nothing like most people do.

edit on 6-8-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling

edit on 6-8-2012 by Revolution9 because: errors

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

You did a very good thing indeed. Any action is better than no action. I make videos for Youtube covering things about the situation in Japan that the international media would rather just pretend is not happening. I go to massive Anti-Nuclear protest in Tokyo, film them, offer commentary while filming, and post those vids on Youtube as well. I post these vids on forums, on facebook and on twitter hoping people take notice and spread the vids around to get people talking about it. That is what I can do. I thank you for writing to TEPCO. At least they know the world is starting to take notice of what they are getting away with.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

ps; Here is a copy of the letter I have written to the BBC to complain about their lack of news coverage of the after effects of the event:

To The BBC:

"I am writing to criticise the BBC news media for having no interest in and not reporting the seriousness and devastation caused by the Fukushima contamination after the reactors exploded there one year ago.

I have to get all my information via independent media outlets. The main media outlets in the world are keeping silent about it and showing no interest. This is complete bias as this disaster has affected and is still affecting MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.

I am disgusted at the quality of your news on television, on your website and on radio. There have been no documentaries or follow up reports about all the health implications for the Japanese people.

From independent outlets I am receiving news about unusually rare and large thyroid growths being found in children in the Fukushima area.

I have also written to TEPCO and the UK Japanese embassy about this.

The BBC news is no quality source of information these days. It is no more than a vehicle for the authorities to dictate their agendas. It is a tool of manipulation, no more and no less.

I think with all the disaster, economic problems, and social upheaval in our world that you might as a team have the humanity to furnish us with proper information and news items instead of what has become mass journalism with no quality, just quoted parrot fashion with no proper investigating at all.

I am and will remain utterly angry and frustrated with the BBC about this. I have run out of room to say more, that does not surprise!"

lol, I ran out of space as they limit the words you can write if you make a complaint.

God Bless The Japanese Children! My prayers are with them all.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

You are a true comrade for what you are doing. You deserve praise for telling the BBC what is up. The nuclear issue in Japan is massive and the MSM seem to hate reporting on it and talking about it openly and honestly. I have been reporting on this for a while now and I can honestly say that the dirty goes so deep that I wonder when we will hit the bottom. Every time I think we have finally found the bottom of the slime bucket, the J-gov and the nuclear industry shows us that the hole goes much deeper.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Soon we won't be able to makes babies. It is a lose/lose situation.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Oh god! radiations are the worst thing, all equipments harms only at that situation but, radiations harms some generations, it is really the worst part.

new topics

top topics

join