It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can there be other dimensions?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by WiseThinker
The human mind cannot comprehend more than 3D, this includes trying to think about more dimensions.

Example, with an extra dimension which is taken for granted:

A 4D being may be able to perceive time like we do length or height, Therefore they would constantly live in every point in their existence, yet only be present in one moment in time from our perspective.

Try imagine being aware of all that you have and will experience, at the same time at all times. You cannot, you'd simply get to the conclusion that a person/being that can see all of that at the same time, is crazy and would be considered Schizophrenic as the human brain simply cannot handle those higher dimensions.

So the closest thing, you can get to experiencing these extra dimensions, is to fry you brain with impossible scenarios or through extremely advanced math on a paper.

Namaste.

Yeah, this is why I didn't want to mess with time. In fact, I wish time wasn't even considered a dimension, considering that it is an intangible condition that is placed on a physical dimension.

So, you saw the hypercube, correct?

Now imagine:

You have two possible 3d environments: space and time. In both you can simple travel "to" a place. Now imagine these two 3d environments joined, perhaps in a way similar to the hypercube.

So, in this way, you could have multiple possibilities of time and space combinations. Different "timelines", so to speak.

I dunno...just something I have thought about.

I like to imagine the tesseract, and consider that 4d would simply be adding "in/out" as a new dimensional access. So in 4d you would measure volume with: length X width X height X depth.

Another thing I think about a lot. Not that I profess to know anything here. I have just used these for mental gymnastics while sitting in contemplation.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Heres my take.

1 Dimension - An entity (smaller than atom, best choice is energy)
2 Dimension - Lines of entities (electromagnetic waves? waves of energy)
3 Dimension - Collection of stacked entities (you add up light, electro, magnetic etc waves into 1)
4 Dimension - Collection of stacked entities that exist within a time range (that exist within a timeframe)
5 Dimension - Collection of stacked entities that exist within a time range that occupy a space
6 Dimension - Collection of stacked entities that exist within a time range that occupy a space with an affect to gravity
7 Dimension - Collection of stacked entities that exist within a time bracket that occupy a space with an affect to gravity that govern light
8 Dimension - uhhh you tell me, I do not even understand it.

1 Dimension view everything as the same,
2nd Dimension view everything as energy
3rd Dimension view everything as collection of energy and materials
4th Dimension view everything as materials that exist with time (they come and go)
5th Dimension view everything as the materials taking up some space and exist for sometime
6th Dimension saw all these things have effect to gravity
7th Dimension say it will bend light at some point

All dimension cannot view higher dimension, higher dimension can view/observe/measure lower dimension.
4th dimension and above are not sorted, might not be time, but its the closest we got/can imagine, because we cannot observe it.

Notice 1st dimension have no idea what everything is all about ?
Notice 2nd dimension have no "thickness" ?
Notice 3rd one, forms a 3D /materialised ?

Haha talking like I understand it.

edit on 6-8-2012 by NullVoid because: add some more junk

edit on 6-8-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
To try and define it, you have to still use the concept of time and space. The dimensions beyond our own, are not within time or space, so you can't conceptualize it with math, pictures and words. However, you can directly experience these higher realms yourself. Once you've had a "glimpse" of it, you'll know why it's impossible to describe. That's the real truth.

Similar, in comparison, to a 1-Dimensional man trying to understand the concept of "up". He would not have a way of understanding it himself, let alone try to explain to others. The word "UP" or the concept of "UP" simply would not exist in his world. He would have to use 1-D words, thus only be understood in 1-D terms.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

I like your approach, thats how I would list it somehow. It would nicely adapt with bigfatfurrytexans timeline theory. Of course its only speculation without much knowledge.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Here is my answer (for fun)

1D

A Dot (Existence/Being)

2D

Lines (Movement)

3D

Depth (Space). This is a possibility of movement. There is a possibility that a line can stretch out in any direction, not bound to the rules of 2D, once it discovers this new "outward" and "inward" direction, it will create this new possibility of infinite movement called space/depth.

4D

Time which is a combination of Existence (1D), Movement (2D), and Space (3D)... This is acting like a "dot" where you are unaware that time is changeable. You are just in "The Now Moment".

5D

Time Travel. The 4D "dot" of time, becomes a 5D "line" of time, which is time travel.

6D

Infinity of Time Frame possibilities of this universe. The 5D "line" of time (time-frame) becomes an infinite amount of time-frames spreading in all possible directions creating an infinite amount of time-frame possibilities within this universe existence.

7D

The universe. A single dot joining all of the lower dimensions. A state of "being". This Time-Space continuum.

8D

Parallel Universes. A line of "dots" of universes. Each universe is in the 7th Dimension, so each one has its own set of infinite amount of time-frame possibilities that can happen within it.

9D

Parallel Universe with all of its infinite amount of time-frames spreading in all directions creating an infinity of universes.

10 D

Singularity. The infinite amount of universes (including all of its possible time-frames for each one), seen as a single dot. All connected. The infinity is "being" as a single dot. It can go no higher than this...

Ironically, if you meditate, you can either fall to the 1st Dimension of "being", where you are aware of just "being", or you can rise to the 10th Dimension where you feel like the "all" (which you are apart of) is just BEING, EXISTING.

The 1st Dimension (1D) and The 10th Dimension (10D) are directly connected. You can flow from 1D to a higher awareness of 10D, or sink from 10D to a lower dimension of 1D and then raise back up to 10D, there is no right and wrong. I suspect that it is like a fractal pattern, and infinite loop...

In the spiritual sense, learn to love the world, and then that mentality will carry on and you'll love yourself, too. Or you can love yourself, and then that mentality will carry on and you'll love the outside world, too...

Also, Quantum Physics work in higher dimensions BUT, we do not understand it, just as we do not understand the time traveling dimension, and this is why quantum particles seem to "act" randomly, and can, and I quote, "mimic spooky action into the past"... scientists also used Quantum Physics to time travel by a millionth of a second, so this is definitely on a higher dimension that we are peeking into.

edit on 7-8-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You seems to break a law there.
A lower dimension cannot comprehend/understand how the higher dimension works. You are hypothesizing the time as 4th dimension, time travel as 5th etc, yet we live in 3rd dimension. Are you sure time is the 4th ?

Unless you come from higher dimension, we all dont know about it.
I dont even sure we live in 3rd dimension state by the way, it might be the 4th.
Unless you are an observer, you never know, to be an observer, you must be in higher dimension so you can measure something.
In short, I still like my idea, up to 3rd and not sure time being the 4th and etc.

I also believe the "parallel universe" that people talking about, exist between 2nd and 3rd (ours). Hence the ghost/souls etc - collections of energies.

But thats just me, clueless idiot

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I quite frankly, think that it is due to our understanding that we are here yes, but we do not know where, and that there most likely is so much more around us that we are simple just not aware of, that we are heading in the right direction for the human race, and every other being on this planet, to even be aware of such a possibility. In other words to not think we " know it all, always ".

I have often felt that we exist in multiple places at once, being that we inhabit a 3d body with parts of our soul, but think of this, when your body dies, you loose weight, your soul leaves, and goes where? Heaven sounds nice an all, but honestly sounds about as wasteful as hell, I don't know about you but I don't want to give up living, I enjoy the challenges, the experiences, the bad and the good, seems as if it's a homebase, a universal dimension of return. Exactly, think of the other dimensions as another place to re-explore, I'm sure we've all been to these places before.

One thing I like to have people think about is just how old do you really think you are. You may not just be how ever old you are alive on this earth in this lifetime, we've all prolly been around since the dawn of time. Riding life lessons out and creating new aspects of reality.

To be aware of yourself, life, and beyond while still living is something truly amazing, if factual. If not, can we say movie anyone? lol

I don't know how I know, call it a gut feeling, but it's a feeling of sorts that what we perceive here in this " right now " is nowhere even close to all of what we are a part of and interacting with every moment we formulate thought.

To me, science and spirituality are more tied together than we think now.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
When I was a kid I read the Uncanny X-men and Excalibur as written by Chris Claremont soon after I read The Number of the Beast by Robert Heinlein. These explained to me the nature of the Multiverse and of other dimensions.

It took of course about 20-30 years for modern science to catch up, but oddly when I hear about a breakthrough or a new theory explaining multiple dimensions I go pfft I already knew that...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bitsforbytes
reply to post by jiggerj

Please watch the video

Here is the link in case my first attempt at embedding a video in to a post doesn't work:

Carl Segan the forth dimension

Thanks for the clip Bits. What Carl Sagan said is EXACTLY what I'm getting at. When describing the qualities of the inhabitants in flat land, Carl said, "...width and length, but no height at all. Now, these little cutouts have some little height, but let's ignore that."

And I'm saying no, we can't ignore that. There can be no such thing as perfectly flat. Something perfectly flat would be nonexistent. Even with those flat cut outs he's using, let's imagine cutting one in half, like a slice of bread. Then we slice it again, and again... There will always be some height. Without the height, nothing can exist.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by jiggerj

Your confusion's quite understandable since the concept MAKES NO SENSE

I have never thought of anything that doesn't have height width and depth. The only thing that really doesn't fit into a 3rd dimension is waves maybe?

Waves that aren't particles. Good point!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I like to imagine the tesseract, and consider that 4d would simply be adding "in/out" as a new dimensional access. So in 4d you would measure volume with: length X width X height X depth.

Another thing I think about a lot. Not that I profess to know anything here. I have just used these for mental gymnastics while sitting in contemplation.

Good stuff, Big.
I fear the tesseract will forever remain over my head.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Flatland.

Look it up.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

"And I'm saying no, we can't ignore that. There can be no such thing as perfectly flat. Something perfectly flat would be nonexistent. Even with those flat cut outs he's using, let's imagine cutting one in half, like a slice of bread. Then we slice it again, and again... There will always be some height. Without the height, nothing can exist."

it cant exist because our reality is 3D.,.,.,...,., so this is all hypothetical,,, imagine if the only reality that existed was the piece of paper "flatland" is,,..,,.,. imagine if that was the unvierse,,, perfectly flat,,, imagine your computer screen for example is flat land,..,., if a flat lander were to exist on your computer screen it would be bound to the 2 dimensionality of it,, hence it could not leave the computer screen,,, foward or backward,,, it could not interact with all the real space that does exist surrounding it,,, because it is a 2d entity bound by a 2D reality,

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Looks like you miss my post dont you ?
this post
Oh well i'm leaving the thread anyways, good luck with your finding

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Time is an illusion not a dimension. It's a concept invented by our minds.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by jiggerj
Where and how can our 3 dimensional reality ever end, where a new dimension (4th, 7th, 9th...) can begin?

During LIFE AND DEATH PHASES WITHIN EXISTENCE AS YOU ASCEND AND BECOME A HIGHER BEING.

Just as many have come from BEING a single celled organism to multi celled the next dimension may be related to your SOUL/SPIRIT/INTERNAL ENERGY dna influenced*** NOW ADVANCING since the cells/DNA has moved/ASCENDED beyond from being single celled to multi celled to fit the current reality of the 3d EA*RTH being (a being 1 must add that may have existed in a less 3d understood type world especially when considering being a single celled organism and being AWARE BACK THEN & IN WATER OR LIQUID SOLUTION, imagine being FULLY AWARE as a single cell of your FUTURE DEVELOPMENTS that would bother many conscious wise to know THEY HAVE TO EVOLE INTO SOMETHING MUCH MORE COMPLEX) ... EVOLVING into something more to fit another dimensional layout AS THE BEING GROWS. WHICH also MAKES A GOOD REASON TO DIMENSIONALIZE THE CREATOR CREATIONS TO BETTER DETERMINE THEIR FINAL OR HIGHER SELFS over periods or life and death within exisence. So again after cell advancement or genetic advancing your SOUL now has to advance which requires you to be accessible to more plains or dimensions. THE SOUL ADVANCEMENT NOW MAY BE RELATED TO DEEDS DONE BY THE MULTI CELLED ORGANISM? These deeds may spark energy within the cells effecting the SOUL make up, hence the need to VIBRATE on a POSITIVE LEVEL so your cells & soul does TOGETHER and not on a negative level WHICH MAY EFFECT YOUR HEALTH NEGATIVELY AND SOUL AWARENESS NEGATIVELY AS WELL. Tricky thing is YOU can be sitting on EA*RTH and SWITCH dimensions w/o knowing until you per say look around and see no 3d buildings or manufactured materials just a natural EA*RTH but your still in same location, so I don't see it as a location only based thing as you were explaining in going to space ect. If you made it to a nebula of what's described as 3d hot gas from EA*RTH 3d observation but was teaming with an energetic kind of PLASMA life that isn't observable within the 3d EA*RTH and beyond range then you have slipped into another dimension within that nebula and may have became part of it due to your energy changing your physical vibrations to match the nebula or photn belt/blackhole ect.
edit on 8/6/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Why do you put question ,marks on the ends of sentences which you know are unmistakeably right?

Great piece of information. I hope people will read this and realise that it isn't just a piece of conjecture that those without the use of ancient texts are forced use, for want of well documented, millions of years of evolutionary history.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamspirit
The way I see it is that in 2D, you can only perceive waveforms.
We live in a universe that we interpret as 3D. Yet our eyes see 2D pictures. Since our brain has the capacity to process two different 2D images coming from each eye, we see depth.
In a world interpreted as 2D, people (assuming they can live there) would see in 1D. A straight line. And the only thing I can think of that would be able to see is waveforms, since they don't move up, down, left, right. They just go up and down, requiring only one dimension to be able to perceive them.
Which brings me to my next point, It's just a theory proves that this universe is also 2D.
Do our senses work solely on vibrations? I know sound is vibration of air molecules, and light is electromagnetic energy traveling in waves. Our eyes and ear's function is to capture the waveforms created by external stimuli. Then our brain interprets that information into a coherent experience. But we have the technology to transmit images, sound and even more complex data through waves or signals. Just like an anolog tv interprets an electric current into a 2d image with sound, our body may be interpreting 2D signals into a 3D experience. So the world you interact with can very well be 2D.
With this logic, which I know could have a flaw. The world we think is 3D could also be 1D. It doesn't appear to have dimensions. There is only one single point in the universe. Imagining this dot as a single point in the middle of a black voidish backround would be incorrect because that image is 2D. Everything you see is just this one dot including you and everyone else. The dot blinks really really fast. This blinking would be what we based our digital technology on. The dot is blinking a code that is interpreted just like computers interpret data. For this theory to be plausible I am no scientist but I assume that for this theory to be real, the speed of this blinking would be a number/second so big you wouldn't be able to save it on a computer hard drive.

The first sense to develop was said to be hearing. In this case what you have said is entirely plausible. The eyes are light sensors that distinguish. In a way they give the dimension of the distinguishable. Touch gave us spacial awareness but not the ability to sense that things have a beginning and end.

There is only one single point in the universe.

You are using an ethereal sense to know this. I can't remember the correct terminology.

The dot blinks really really fast. This blinking would be what we based our digital technology on. The dot is blinking a code that is interpreted just like computers interpret data.

I came to this conclusion with my own contemplation, except for the blinking. I just felt it was beyond me how everything drills down to theme location, whilst at the same time being infinitely divisible. From our point of view we are away from the source because we are outward facing.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Your Atoms in your body that we call Matter consist of a Nucleus of Protons and Neutrons with an equal number of Electrons to Protons orbiting the Atoms Nucleus. Hydrogen does not have a Neutron. Anyways...these particles of Mass...Protons and Neutrons are made up of smaller Quantum Particles such as Quarks, Gluons, Leptons...etc.

Photons which are LIGHT as well as Electrons which are responsible for Chemical Reactions as well as Electromagnetics...are Quantum Particles as well.

Here is the thing...all these Quantum Particles exist as both Particle and Wave. Thus you are comprised of particle/waveforms that exist in a 10 or 11 Dimensional State thus YOU EXIST IN A 10 OR 11 DIMENSIONAL STATE!

Three Dimensions are not enough for the ability for Matter to Exist as well as Light or Electricity. You are living in a Multiple Dimensional Universal State of at least 10 and maybe even more than 11 Dimensions.

Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
reply to post by arpgme

Time is an illusion not a dimension. It's a concept invented by our minds.

In 4D Minkowski space, time is measurable (in meters) exactly like space is measurable in the other three dimensions.

Most of physics would be nonsense if time was arbitrary and purely conceptual.

The issue many have is with the arrow of time, why we can look one way and not the other. There are theories as to why time is directional but the concepts are difficult.

Why we perceive the arrow of time may provide explanation of why we cannot see higher dimensins, even though the maths and physics says they must be there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join