It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can there be other dimensions?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Where and how can our 3 dimensional reality ever end, where a new dimension (4th, 7th, 9th...) can begin?

During LIFE AND DEATH PHASES WITHIN EXISTENCE AS YOU ASCEND AND BECOME A HIGHER BEING.

Just as many have come from BEING a single celled organism to multi celled the next dimension may be related to your SOUL/SPIRIT/INTERNAL ENERGY dna influenced*** NOW ADVANCING since the cells/DNA has moved/ASCENDED beyond from being single celled to multi celled to fit the current reality of the 3d EA*RTH being (a being 1 must add that may have existed in a less 3d understood type world especially when considering being a single celled organism and being AWARE BACK THEN & IN WATER OR LIQUID SOLUTION, imagine being FULLY AWARE as a single cell of your FUTURE DEVELOPMENTS that would bother many conscious wise to know THEY HAVE TO EVOLE INTO SOMETHING MUCH MORE COMPLEX) ... EVOLVING into something more to fit another dimensional layout AS THE BEING GROWS. WHICH also MAKES A GOOD REASON TO DIMENSIONALIZE THE CREATOR CREATIONS TO BETTER DETERMINE THEIR FINAL OR HIGHER SELFS over periods or life and death within exisence. So again after cell advancement or genetic advancing your SOUL now has to advance which requires you to be accessible to more plains or dimensions. THE SOUL ADVANCEMENT NOW MAY BE RELATED TO DEEDS DONE BY THE MULTI CELLED ORGANISM? These deeds may spark energy within the cells effecting the SOUL make up, hence the need to VIBRATE on a POSITIVE LEVEL so your cells & soul does TOGETHER and not on a negative level WHICH MAY EFFECT YOUR HEALTH NEGATIVELY AND SOUL AWARENESS NEGATIVELY AS WELL. Tricky thing is YOU can be sitting on EA*RTH and SWITCH dimensions w/o knowing until you per say look around and see no 3d buildings or manufactured materials just a natural EA*RTH but your still in same location, so I don't see it as a location only based thing as you were explaining in going to space ect. If you made it to a nebula of what's described as 3d hot gas from EA*RTH 3d observation but was teaming with an energetic kind of PLASMA life that isn't observable within the 3d EA*RTH and beyond range then you have slipped into another dimension within that nebula and may have became part of it due to your energy changing your physical vibrations to match the nebula or photn belt/blackhole ect.
edit on 8/6/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Science likes to play with theories on other dimensions, but in reality, how many dimensions can there be?

I ask this because as I imagine our physical existence in 3D (Just the physical. I'm not including time in this) I can't see how or where our three dimensional universe can stop at a point where everything suddenly becomes four, five, or even ten dimensional.

One analogy science likes to use to explain a plain of existence with only two dimensions is a line drawn with a pencil. People living in this 2D world can look left and right, up and down, but not frontwards and backwards. This means that a two dimensional world has no thickness to it - completely flat. Isn't this impossible?

Even the pencil line has a thickness to it. If we attempt to remove all the thickness from it, the line would disappear. Right? So, how can there be a dimension with no depth?

The pencil thing is purely a tool to begin to visualize it .. the pencil used to draw that "2D" world is actually 3D so it can't create a truly two dimension object.. obviously because graphite has thickness

It's an exceptionally hard concept because we exist in a 3d plane so we have no real ability to comprehend higher dimensions beyond mathematical means.
edit on 8/6/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Seriously people with so much curiosity about other dimensions, and you don't even know you can get proof your self. Salvia Divinorum or '___' and you will have all the proof you need, that there is other dimensions SOME much grater than this one.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Science likes to play with theories on other dimensions, but in reality, how many dimensions can there be?

I ask this because as I imagine our physical existence in 3D (Just the physical. I'm not including time in this) I can't see how or where our three dimensional universe can stop at a point where everything suddenly becomes four, five, or even ten dimensional.

One analogy science likes to use to explain a plain of existence with only two dimensions is a line drawn with a pencil. People living in this 2D world can look left and right, up and down, but not frontwards and backwards. This means that a two dimensional world has no thickness to it - completely flat. Isn't this impossible?

Even the pencil line has a thickness to it. If we attempt to remove all the thickness from it, the line would disappear. Right? So, how can there be a dimension with no depth?

The pencil thing is purely a tool to begin to visualize it .. the pencil used to draw that "2D" world is actually 3D so it can't create a truly two dimension object.. obviously because graphite has thickness

It's an exceptionally hard concept because we exist in a 3d plane so we have no real ability to comprehend higher dimensions beyond mathematical means.
edit on 8/6/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Yeah, the drawing is a tool. But, try to imagine a true 2D object that has no depth whatsoever? No thickness of a hair, or of a microscopic atom. It can't be done.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears
reply to post by jiggerj

Seriously people with so much curiosity about other dimensions, and you don't even know you can get proof your self. Salvia Divinorum or '___' and you will have all the proof you need, that there is other dimensions SOME much grater than this one.

Seriously, people that come here should understand the concept of wanting to chat. If all we wanted was to study, we'd all be cracking open books and no one would come here.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It hard to discuss information with people who know nothing, and who are speculation on something that is easily proven. It like talking to an Egyptian man thousands of years ago who is speculating about if its possible to fly across the skys when I have already done it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears
reply to post by jiggerj

It hard to discuss information with people who know nothing, and who are speculation on something that is easily proven. It like talking to an Egyptian man thousands of years ago who is speculating about if its possible to fly across the skys when I have already done it.

Wake up call, buddy. Everyone else seems to be enjoying it, so it must be you. It's like one man whining about a lousy party where he's the only one having a problem.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Paper looks two-dimensional from a distance and three-dimensional when you zoom in to see its thickness. In the same way, some theories claim that our reality looks like is has three spatial dimensions on a scale observed by us, but when you zoom in enough, more than three dimensions reveal themselves.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Extra dimensions can be described as compaction of the 4th dimension. A 1D person seen from the 2nd dimension would be seen as a line. A 2D person seen from the 3rd dimension would be seen as a picture. A 3D person seen from the 4th dimension would be seen as a real object. A 4D person (us) seen from the 5th dimension would be seen as a real object that changes with time (ageing). A 5D person seen from the 6th dime..... ummm.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The way I see it is that in 2D, you can only perceive waveforms.
We live in a universe that we interpret as 3D. Yet our eyes see 2D pictures. Since our brain has the capacity to process two different 2D images coming from each eye, we see depth.
In a world interpreted as 2D, people (assuming they can live there) would see in 1D. A straight line. And the only thing I can think of that would be able to see is waveforms, since they don't move up, down, left, right. They just go up and down, requiring only one dimension to be able to perceive them.
Which brings me to my next point, It's just a theory proves that this universe is also 2D.
Do our senses work solely on vibrations? I know sound is vibration of air molecules, and light is electromagnetic energy traveling in waves. Our eyes and ear's function is to capture the waveforms created by external stimuli. Then our brain interprets that information into a coherent experience. But we have the technology to transmit images, sound and even more complex data through waves or signals. Just like an anolog tv interprets an electric current into a 2d image with sound, our body may be interpreting 2D signals into a 3D experience. So the world you interact with can very well be 2D.
With this logic, which I know could have a flaw. The world we think is 3D could also be 1D. It doesn't appear to have dimensions. There is only one single point in the universe. Imagining this dot as a single point in the middle of a black voidish backround would be incorrect because that image is 2D. Everything you see is just this one dot including you and everyone else. The dot blinks really really fast. This blinking would be what we based our digital technology on. The dot is blinking a code that is interpreted just like computers interpret data. For this theory to be plausible I am no scientist but I assume that for this theory to be real, the speed of this blinking would be a number/second so big you wouldn't be able to save it on a computer hard drive.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

A dimension can be thought of as a direction in which we can measure. It isn't a world in itself.

We measure the world in mainly the three cardinal spatial dimensions and each of these conforms to the same rules as the higher dimensions.

eg: height has no width.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The one-dimensional pencil line is really only an analogy on paper. Think of it this way, line-of-sight. Point A and point B and the distance between

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I always have a good time at a party....guess you haven't been to many....you have probably discussed parties but never actual been to one.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Parksie
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Killing 2D characters doesn't make them transcend to the 3D world, we would have a lot of comic book villains on planet Earth.. actually we do!! OK for the sake of mental health this only a bunch of theories.

What do you mean by this?

edit on 8/6/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

You have transcended the 4th dimension!

Your reply preceeds Parksie's post (how'd you do that?).

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I forget how it goes exactly but if we were visited by a 4th dimensional being we would only be able to see him in 3 dimensional. The human eye can only see 3 dimensions so we have no idea how many there actually are.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Please watch the video

Here is the link in case my first attempt at embedding a video in to a post doesn't work:

Carl Segan the forth dimension

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Your confusion's quite understandable since the concept MAKES NO SENSE

I have never thought of anything that doesn't have height width and depth. The only thing that really doesn't fit into a 3rd dimension is waves maybe?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
They way i figure it, we are living in a 3d world, but deal with the 4th dimension every second of every day. We travel through the 4th dimension, but have no control over it. One could argue that we also imagine the 5th dimension all the time, every time we think about what could have happened, what we could have been. All those what-ifs and hind-sight are just imaginings of a 5th dimension.

A 4th dimensional creature would see all events in time as one thing, instead of a series of moments. Much like a line is nothing more than a series of points next to each other. They would be able to travel to any point in time as easily as we travel to different points in space.

A 5th dimensional creature would see all possible events as one thing. Not just a straight line of time, but multiple lines of time, each with starting branches and new branches at every opportunity for choice, or chance, or any other variable that could have changed.

I like to think about it in the terms of Back to the Future 2. The Delorean is able to travel the 4th dimension, but only as a 3 dimensional object. When Biff changes the past, this causes the future to change, a 5th dimensional change. If Marty were a 5th dimensional object, no only would he be able to see that he is able to fix the problem, he also would have been able to see this timeline before it even happened. He would also be able to see any and all possible timelines, and their entire history, past and future.

The issue with 1d, i think its one of the few things that exists, but doesn't exist at the same time. Like the number zero. We use the number zero all the time to work out math problems, so zero is something. At the same time zero represents nothing, non-existence. The first dimension is much the same, its a theoretical object that doesn't exist, but is fundamental in all dimensions above it.

There are some pretty big flaws to all this and many questions i have, like what is after the 5th? Does the second dimension experience time? If not, is it just frozen? Is it ever possible to transcend a dimension permanently? Why do i try spelling dimension, dimention, every single freaking time?

DC

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

"The issue with 1d, i think its one of the few things that exists, but doesn't exist at the same time"

can a singularity or the most centered point of a black hole be considered 1 d?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

If anything i would think a singularity like that would be a 0-D since its just a point. 1-D is a line, so maybe a worm hole?

LOL i really have no idea because theoretical physics like makes my head implode.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join