It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani Inventor showcases "Water-fuelled Car" - Scientists divided.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

He said Prime Minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf, who used to be the minister for water and power, praised the project and directed a subcommittee of the Cabinet to study its feasibility. The prime minister's spokesman could not be reached for comment. Shaukat Pervez, chairman of the Pakistan Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, praised Ahmed and said "this is a feasible project." His counterpart at the Pakistan Science Foundation, also a government body, hailed the engineer's work as "an extraordinary breakthrough" and said it would be examined carefully. Other scientists were distinctly less impressed with Ahmed's invention. "In a few short days, he has exposed just how far Pakistan has fallen into the pit of ignorance and self-delusion," prominent Pakistani physicist Pervez Hoodbhoy wrote in an op-ed in The Express Tribune newspaper on Friday. "No practical joker could have demonstrated more dramatically the true nature of our country's political leaders, popular TV anchors and famed scientists."

link...

ISLAMABAD: In a nation thirsting for energy, he loomed like a messiah: a small-town engineer who claimed he could run a car on water. The assertion - based on the premise that he had discovered a way to easily split the oxygen and hydrogen atoms in water molecules with almost no energy - would, if proven, represent a stunning breakthrough for physics and a near-magical solution to Pakistan's desperate power crisis. ''By the grace of Allah, I have managed to make a formula that converts less voltage into more energy,'' the professed inventor, Agha Waqar Ahmad, said in a telephone interview. ''This invention will solve our country's energy crisis and provide jobs to hundreds of thousands of people.''

link...

I remember reading in an old Nexus or New Dawn magazine years ago about a bloke here in Australia who had apparently invented a car to run on water - complete with schematics and all.

I note that ATS has a thread here for producing hydrogen from home and one here about another inventor of a "water car" found dead under mysterious circumstances.

Could this chap be onto something? Some high-profile individuals in his country think so.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
its obvious that people that make money on gas, don't want someone to invent something that will mean that people wont need their gas any more.

so they stop them.

i refuse to believe that we don't have the technology to have free energy for everyone.

suppressed and forgotten, for money.

always follow the money.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Well, lets see how fast it get buried if its true. We may not hear to much as its in pakistan but I´m on the fence

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

its obvious that people that make money on gas, don't want someone to invent something that will mean that people wont need their gas any more.

I hear ya there - I work in the Oil & Gas sector.

i refuse to believe that we don't have the technology to have free energy for everyone. suppressed and forgotten, for money. always follow the money.

Seems Foster Gamble was onto something in "Thrive" then aye??.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
Well, lets see how fast it get buried if its true. We may not hear to much as its in pakistan but I´m on the fence

I don't expect that we will hear much more actually - if we don't it will reinforce to many that he was probably onto a good thing.

Fence seems a good place to sit on his one

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Its not difficult to produce hydrogen from water its just the amount of energy it takes to do it is usually more than gets created.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
That, and other articles on this guy give the answer...

1. He uses a gasolene powered engine to charge a battery.
2. He uses the charge in the battery to run electrolysis.
3. The electrolysis gasses then power the engine.

Ultimately, the power comes from the gasolene.

You dont think so? Then ask yourself why he has the car running on gasolene AT ANY TIME at all?
If he a real water powered miracle car, why the need for a gas tank filled with gasolene??????

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Agreed - after reading the thread above about producing your own Hydrogen I have no doubt that some individuals have made some serious inroads into this field.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

You raise some interesting points.

I wonder why the MSM would portray it as a "water car" then?

maybe a bit of political posturing going on!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I think it's like this. If you figure out an alternative free energy system then it's hard to go public with it to make money on it, or patent it. Because the moment you go for patent or you try and do a deal, if word leaks to TPTB and the corporate interests you'd likely get bought off or bumped off. I'm positive this has happened in countless cases. The risk is that such an invention could devestate the economy. or so they say. That too could be a lie to keep people from lauching such things.

here's what people need to do...

Some inventor of free energy needs to just be willing to reveal all the scymatics of there invention all over the web. Incourage other inventors to make it, and encourage them to share the free instructions and blueprints. that way if it leaked and it spread wide enough they couldn't bump off all those people. Like if it went viral.

But the scymatics alone might not be enough. They need to have everything carefully documented and even video tapped so that when they release the info people could actually see how the invention is made. I really think the world is long overdue for such a release of info that could help people generate there own power or fuel there own vehicles rather than be slaves to the fuel companies.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I searched for articles you mentioned but I only found some wikipedia, this dubious "samosa" satire and a few YT videos. All of them are not trustworth.

Your first point, is it your thought or did you read this somewhere else? Running a car on water is not the point, I know but to get the h2o split up, use the H and then have enough energy aviable to run the motor and to charge the battery to provide more electrolysis is the hard point.

It would be nice to read the articles you found, could you post them please?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
It would be nice to read the articles you found, could you post them please?

You want me to find them a second time?

The first link in the OP is enough...

Ahmed began the demonstration by disconnecting the rubber hose that fed gasoline into the car's engine...

I'd be more convinced if he disconnected the gas tank and left it at home.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
So did you even found other valuable articles or was the only one your read about the link in the OP?
I do not want to annoy you on this but there is something called browser history. No need to search for it again.
Regardless, I don´t need the articles, I made my opinion already.

I see your point about the gas tank. Not defending it but did it came to your mind that he left it on there first, to show that you can use common gasoline motors without replacing any internals to make it work. Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Dude, big difference between starting a motor on petrol and
using a less polluting fuel to run than filling up a 60 litre tank of fuel and using that fuel to run. That's why the oil and gas companies bend over backwards to stop these inventions.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I had my car running on water and gas, gave me 8+ MPG. the only drawback was I had vaccuum issues where I needed a collection tank for the water being pulled out, also the wires would always burn out at the connections and disconnect form the cell.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Agreed - after reading the thread above about producing your own Hydrogen I have no doubt that some individuals have made some serious inroads into this field.

Im not sure which thread you mean but what part of the thread above make you think that?
edit on 6-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Here is the thread I was referring to. The OP's YT vids and subsequent member comments were rather enlightening.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Did Bob lazar not supposedly have a car that ran on hydrogen separated from water in some of his old vids?

The tech to accomplish this type of propulsion is most probably permanently shelved, never to see the light of day! Blame your governments and corporations.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

He said Prime Minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf, who used to be the minister for water and power, praised the project and directed a subcommittee of the Cabinet to study its feasibility. The prime minister's spokesman could not be reached for comment. Shaukat Pervez, chairman of the Pakistan Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, praised Ahmed and said "this is a feasible project." His counterpart at the Pakistan Science Foundation, also a government body, hailed the engineer's work as "an extraordinary breakthrough" and said it would be examined carefully. Other scientists were distinctly less impressed with Ahmed's invention. "In a few short days, he has exposed just how far Pakistan has fallen into the pit of ignorance and self-delusion," prominent Pakistani physicist Pervez Hoodbhoy wrote in an op-ed in The Express Tribune newspaper on Friday. "No practical joker could have demonstrated more dramatically the true nature of our country's political leaders, popular TV anchors and famed scientists."

link...

ISLAMABAD: In a nation thirsting for energy, he loomed like a messiah: a small-town engineer who claimed he could run a car on water. The assertion - based on the premise that he had discovered a way to easily split the oxygen and hydrogen atoms in water molecules with almost no energy - would, if proven, represent a stunning breakthrough for physics and a near-magical solution to Pakistan's desperate power crisis. ''By the grace of Allah, I have managed to make a formula that converts less voltage into more energy,'' the professed inventor, Agha Waqar Ahmad, said in a telephone interview. ''This invention will solve our country's energy crisis and provide jobs to hundreds of thousands of people.''

link...

I remember reading in an old Nexus or New Dawn magazine years ago about a bloke here in Australia who had apparently invented a car to run on water - complete with schematics and all.

I note that ATS has a thread here for producing hydrogen from home and one here about another inventor of a "water car" found dead under mysterious circumstances.

Could this chap be onto something? Some high-profile individuals in his country think so.

Yes...there was a guy in South Australia - late 70's - who converted an XP to run on water...appeared on this day tonight (or something) never heard about it again...

Some 'one' became very interested, and bought his patent...mmmmmmmmmmm

A99

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Expect a plane crash soon lol.
or a boat sinking or undetectable sopoclamine overdose...
I'm laying it down so it never happens. Just like any other ATS predictions.

edit on 6-8-2012 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join