It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas GOP Campaigns To Exile Moderates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Moderate Republicans have come under attack in primaries across the country this year, but the split in the GOP is perhaps older and sharper in Kansas — and it comes to a head Tuesday.

"I think the lines have been drawn in the sand. Bridges have been burned. Everybody is all-in this election," says Jim Denning, one of the conservative candidates for the state's Senate.

The Republican statehouse primary is a savage fight fueled by money from the Koch brothers and labor unions, with big consequences for the citizens of Kansas.

link

Another election bought and paid for by the Koch brothers. The continue infighting in the republican party is very interesting and one can't help but wonder how moving so far to the right plus being obviously funded by two of the richest men in America will play out.

With all the big money being spent, they expect a one fifth of republicans turnout. How do you republicans feel about the Koch brothers attempting to buy the republican party?
edit on 6-8-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

How do you republicans feel about the Koch brothers attempting to buy the republican party?

I would hope that all the ATS republicans would be smart enough to realize anything funded by the Koch brothers is not good for them. Do not be conned into voting against your own interest.

Any sort of political extremism usually turns out really bad for any country it establishes itself in. Moderation is sanity and key.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I'm moderate with both conservative (pro gun rights, pro freedom of religion) and liberal leanings (pro gay marriage, pro immigration). I hate sin taxes more than any other but no one represents this group of people.

Honestly the tea party is the greatest threat to freedom and liberty that exists today, IMHO. These Koch brothers made up there own political party within a political party with the illusion of it being grass roots, and now there moving to purge the republican party of people they deem not worthy to be republicans. So the Koch brothers and industry will run the republican party, or there goal might be to destroy the party in this fashion since everyone sees what there doing.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
In what might qualify as a slightly off topic response - as it doesn't directly address your entire point - this entire polarization - on both sides of the isle - has had me quite troubled lately. Ever since this Grover (Norquist?) guy got Republicans to sign "no tax raising " pledges and Tea Party became such a big thing,,,our government has become impotent.

Let's remember... Clinton - a liberal Democrat - in a similar situation that Obama is currently in - left the county with a surplus when he left office. Moderation was the key to that. Compromise in politics must exist.Blind idealism, historically not only fails... it tends to lead to atrocity and ruin.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I just don't understand how anyone can think the Tea Party is grass roots.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Usually, I try hard to be polite and diplomatic, but I'm tired and crabby.

YOU'RE WRONG. Through and through, top to bottom.

Moderates in Kan. Senate outspend GOP challengers

Posted: Jul 31, 2012 4:25 PM CDT Updated: Jul 31, 2012 4:25 PM CDT

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) - New finance reports show moderate Kansas senators who face conservative opponents in next week's Republican primaries have generally outspent their challengers by large margins.

Campaign finance reports filed with the secretary of state's office showed Tuesday in many cases, conservative challengers spent a fraction of what the incumbents have spent on their campaigns.

A dozen incumbent GOP moderates in the Senate face more conservative opponents in the primary.

The only incumbent who lagged in spending was Sen. Roger Reitz, of Manhattan.

www.kctv5.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I think the article is misleading. These are personal disclosers how much each candidate has spent on there own campaigns not what other political groups have spent for there cause.

Here is a site that is attempting to track who is spending what:

AFP donors and Kansas expenditures are not public information.

link
From link:

TOPEKA — Big PAC money is pouring into campaigns ahead of next week's primary election, with control of the Senate hanging in the balance.

But questions surround shifting campaign money and shadowy political action committees, with voters caught in the line of fire.

Conservative Gov. Sam Brownback and the conservative Kansas House see the Kansas Senate as an obstacle to their agenda. Moderates and liberals see the Kansas Senate as their only roadblock to conservative reforms.

Voters in contested Senate districts are receiving dozens of mailings from candidates and outside political action committees, some of which are well known and others that appear only with a postal box address.

This link trys to lay out all the money and were its coming from, but once it get to AFP they don't post how much they spend, your Koch brothers have spent :

Koch Industries' $125,000 contribution was the largest to the Kansas Chamber.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Dear LDragonFire,

Thank you, you were much kinder than I deserved, I'm sorry.

From your chart, it appears that the Kansas NEA has sent over $150,000 to various PACs and organizations in this campaign. I think you're right that the article was misleading.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

The link I posted has a ton of information on both sides, but one side is more complete the other side doesn't list all the information, I assume by law, the other groups don't have to report what they spend. Wow our election process is sure in a mess thanks to the supreme court.

I have been attempting to come up with dollar amounts AFP has spent in several elections and its impossible to find, this bothers me.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Moderates are a cancer in the GOP and need to be removed.

Moderate is just code for working with Democrats, and when you work with Democrats you will lose every time.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

The tea party represents the 1% of the populations interests, they are the cancer.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Moderates are a cancer in the GOP and need to be removed.

Moderate is just code for working with Democrats, and when you work with Democrats you will lose every time.

The tea party has a 51% unfavorable rate nationwide, all you are doing is making it easier for democrats to beat established republicans. This purging of the republican party is going to end up hurting the party more than helping the party.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I hope the in fighting continues. I hope it gets uglier and uglier. It will eventually bring the rise of a new party.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

In what might qualify as a slightly off topic response - as it doesn't directly address your entire point - this entire polarization - on both sides of the isle - has had me quite troubled lately. Ever since this Grover (Norquist?) guy got Republicans to sign "no tax raising " pledges and Tea Party became such a big thing,,,our government has become impotent.

Let's remember... Clinton - a liberal Democrat - in a similar situation that Obama is currently in - left the county with a surplus when he left office. Moderation was the key to that. Compromise in politics must exist.Blind idealism, historically not only fails... it tends to lead to atrocity and ruin.

~Heff

I like balance in government, a extreme right or left wing government is bad for everyone. I also feel the extreme in media tv/radio is also bad for every one. I support the fairness doctrine and equal time should be brought back or we will destroy ourselves as a nation with physical infighting.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

How do you republicans feel about the Koch brothers attempting to buy the republican party?

I would hope that all the ATS republicans would be smart enough to realize anything funded by the Koch brothers is not good for them. Do not be conned into voting against your own interest.

Any sort of political extremism usually turns out really bad for any country it establishes itself in. Moderation is sanity and key.

Better then the entire leftism in America: Funded by a Nazi Collaborator. How does that feel?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What is happening before your eyes folks is nothing less than social revolution. 100 years of Establishment vs Little citizen is coming to a head, because 1 man had the courage to remind the citizens, we can replace the government en-masse. The Government has had the wrong hand up the puppets butt, and we forgot we could make a hand puppet too. Yep laugh at the irony of butt-puppet hands. Votes are spiked like volley balls, but when we become the playing field, we get to spike the ball. Take a Politician's Job 2012!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

As I've said many times, I am Mr. Confusion. I can't find any thing in your post to object to, primarily because I don't understand any of it. Questions like "What happened 100 years ago, in 1912?" "Who is the one man?" "Remove all the politicians at once?" and so on, are running through my mind.

You don't have to explain yourself, but I would appreciate the favor if you did.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

In the year 1913 our congress de-centralized our banking system, creating a private entity in which to make promissary notes instead of dollars permanently linked to wealth holdings. It was fiat credit from the agency which took control of the financial regulation of our nation.

The one man to remind us is Ron Paul. He also as the champion of Moderates has reminded us, we have a right to take a politicians job if we find voting seems to get nowhere. It's in the Constitution.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Carseller4

The tea party represents the 1% of the populations interests, they are the cancer.

Guess you missed the Texas Republican Senate runoff.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join