It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The US cannot win a war against China"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

Look. I am a fan of the US military. But even I know better than to say something as arrogant as the US can whip everybody's tail at the same time. You want to be known as the next Germany? Thats what they thought too.

The Nazis were considered 10 to 15 years ahead of the Allies with what they had. America is probably about the same ahead of everyone else now.
edit on 8-8-2012 by P12SOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Yeah. I bet he did not sell many hammers if he was selling them at 500.00 a peice. You can be sure he was up to something else. Prolly selling guns and claiming they were hammers in store,and later traded the hammer for the gun. Ingenious little game. buy a hammer and show up with it somewhere to pick up your gun proving you paid for the weapon. Both examples are true if he was on the level.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I think we need to remember that PM Keating seriously thinks that Australia should abandon its U.S. ally and become, at best neutral, and at worst an ally of China. The U.S. isnt always the best ally and lord knows we've made mistakes, but we have always been their for our Australian allies. In fact a major Chinese general has recently tried to threaten Australia by saying that china should be their "godfather" (his words) as opposed to the U.S. Mr. Keating clearly has an illogical and anti-U.S. outlook. Listen, China and America are both stronger than Australia. In any partnership between either of those two countries and Australia, China or the U.S. would be the logical leader in such an alliance. So, do you all think it is better for Australia to be in the sphere of influence of a communist dictatorship with no respect for human rights or democracy, or in the sphere of influence of an admittedly imperfect democracy that has consistently stood by it for over a century. Oh, and P.S., I am not saying that Australia should be "dominated" by anyone.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

Originally posted by MrStyx
They have a large sub army but with US anti sub tech

Yes!

We will win using 'technology'!

Problem is, the US ain't that great at keeping secrets:
Lockheed-Martin hacked
The Pentagon hacked
Stealth helo expo
"Top secret" drone nabbed (almost declared war over this one!)

And let's not forget that F-117 the Mujahideen captured and graciously handed over to the Chinese back in the Bosnian War. (*You won't find this last one using Google unless you speak the melodic, Cyrillic refrain known as Srpski!)

The US are quite ruthless at punishing transgressors after the horse has bolted (ask Mr Assange; see: Osama (pbuh)). But, sadly / comically (/tragically?) aren't as adept at their much-vaunted 'intelligence' side of the ledger, as they'd like us to believe.

Point: The technological gap closes a lot faster nowadays than it did when they could but pilfer the Enigma Machine to decrypt it. Couple that with the irrefutable fact that the very unsubstitutable constituent the bulk of this purported 'technological superiority' is dependant upon (i.e., Rear Earth Elements) is corralled by the very country we're playing war games with here, and all of a sudden that James Bourne 007 hubris starts to look distinctly rice paper -thin.

America has more rare Earth elements then China, we just don't mine them because how badly it destroys the local ecosystem.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Antonio1

I have seen more than my share of Australians on this board who agree with him.America seems to be quite unpopular to them.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Sablicious

A war with China on the mainland would be about impossible. Even with the technology gap that exists between the armed forces of both countries, China has the superiority when it comes to troops. 200 million man in reserves alone excluding their active duty military.

In this one area, a land war, the concept of quantity over quality will make a difference. The only thing that could swing the difference would be for widespread dissent to occur in the Chinese forces resulting in an internal chaos issue.

The second x factor is going to be economics... Losing the US markets as well as imports would cause massive issues in the long run for China.

Honestly speaking I dont think its going to come down to a war with China.. With the Chinese people getting tastes of freedom (thought / political / socio-econmic / etc) the Chinese government is facing more and more internal pressure to continue the changes.

As for your second x factor.Remember this prior to 1940 France was Germanys largest trading partner.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
IF USA unilaterally goes to attack China , then it surely will be defeated. But a combined force of all of its allies can make it victorious .

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
as someone once said, make your peace with russia and china cause they will be the ones to liberate you from your government. coming soon

Well we can also say China can't win a war on US soil too. The deal here is we can win wars, but we really suck at occupying after we win. Also, so we win a war against China with large destruction on both countries, what do we do then? Same goes for China...they destroy us to the point they win, but are is bad shape too...who do they sell their commodities too now? I don't think they want to wipe their main customer off the map...do you?

edit on 2-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by P12SOLD
The Nazis were considered 10 to 15 years ahead of the Allies with what they had. America is probably about the same ahead of everyone else now.
edit on 8-8-2012 by P12SOLD because: (no reason given)

The Nazis would have won if we didn't bomb them basically into the stone age. America's best defense is that we are isolated and big. Germany was neither, but took on the world and almost won.

Another thing that makes us totally undesirable for a ground war on our soil is the 3 billion guns in civilian hands.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
They haven't invented the nation-state that can actually defeat the United States in all out war. Limited objectives? Sure. If you call the Vietnamese ruination a victory over America by ignoring the actual American policy objectives in Southeast Asia, then I suppose you could claim America lost the Vietnam War. Lots of people have, but looking at where Vietnam was circa 1980 versus where the U.S. was, may God have mercy on any people who "defeat" the U.S.

This very question is ridiculous, however. The next great American war is the Second Civil War.
edit on 4-9-2012 by remmetlee because: typo

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join