It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The US cannot win a war against China"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nuker

the art of war eh?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Could the U.S. win a war with China? Very good question.IMO China would have no chance of beating the U.S. if they were to invade us.Homefield advantage would prevail because of logistics.If the U.S. were the aggressor,well,that would be one long,bloody war,and the American public would never stand for that.If the two sides met on neutral ground I believe the U.S. would prevail,but just barely,and nukes might come into play.This is my opinion.Yours may vary.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Bottom line, we have to work to make peace. It's not free. But that doesn't mean we have to breed fear and fight each other with guns and bombs. We have to challenge each other actively and challenge ourselves too. We have to break down boundaries and explore. The world won't make itself peaceful, you see. It requires our participation. That's living. Be a part of the future. Those who don't take part are just the walking dead, waiting like ghostly apparitions for their last breath.
edit on 6-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
as someone once said, make your peace with russia and china cause they will be the ones to liberate you from your government. coming soon

China and Russia would "liberate" the U.S. people from our government in the same way the U.S. "liberated" Iraq. Don't be daft.. Russia and China would exploit the hell out of our resources. We would be trading a domestic corruption for a foreign corruption, which is worse.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude

Need I remind you of the Kowloon incident?

yes

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. If there was another full blown war we would oliterate China. They only recently created a navy.....out of old russian scraps. It is impossible for the U.S. to lose in anywhere war....we would launch nukes before we lost....we're to big to fail.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

That's the point that's being missed here.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Soooooooo what about invading countries and staying for 10 years? They bombed both Iraq and Afghanistan relentlessly for a few weeks before the first boots hit the ground where are you pulling that from?

That would be small scale compared to hitting strategic and tactical targets in a country as large as China and if i remember correctly in the first Gulf War the US started running out of smart bombs and had to use more iron bombs.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I couldn't agree more, sorry "jazzguy" but China and Russia wouldn't liberate anything.

I am currently studying in Taiwan and will go to China for a year. I'm basically studying their government, politics, ideologies, thoughts, way of life etc.

When I was in Beijing last year I was sitting down in a public sidewalk alongside many other Chinese people, I looked down to read a book, and when I looked up all the people were gone. Standing right next to me were two soldiers with automatic weapons they were marching back and forth and decided to post next to me, when I looked around all the Chinese people had moved away to the corner like cowering mice...they were just staring at the soldiers with the weapons. These soldiers march the street of Beijing, they are called "Peacekeepers" their job is to insure "social stability".

Believe me you don't want the Chinese to be number one.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

From wiki,

Kowloon incident (July 1839) After the chest seizure in April, the atmosphere grew tense and at the end of June the Chinese coast guard in Kowloon arrested the commodore of the Carnatic, a British clipper.On Sunday, 7 July 1839, a large group of British and American sailors, including crew from the Carnatic, was ashore at Kowloon, a provisioning point, and found a supply of samshu, a rice liquour, in the village of Chien-sha-tsui (Tsim Sha Tsui). In the ensuing riot the sailors vandalised a temple and killed a man named Lin Weixi.

Not the only time America broke neutrality during the wars.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

That's not exactly spot on information.
Need I remind you of the Kowloon incident?
It seems Americas involvement or lack thereof still strikes a chord in the hearts of the Chinese.

Small small in the picture.The British ruled the opium trade with china and the would only take Gold or silver, for a 100 + years.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Small small in the picture

Tell that to China, they haven't forgotten.
edit on 6-8-2012 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
i think for starts if it was to come to war the first thing china would do would be to destroy asmuch of Americas infastucture as possible via hacking this would incloude banking systems utilities ext.. crippling America millions with out power or heat then transport disruption/ attacks on the aviation industry would further hinder America.

So the attack America would be the attacking force as china have not got sufficent air/naval forces big enough for an all out attack.. America would lose all drone/unmanned capability. Also i watchd a video about China haveing the ability to shoot satilites out of orbit and im gessing through hacking China probz has a handle on key US satilites..

i am in no dwt that America has bigger guns and a better miltary but in this day and age china have the cyber skillz and the ability to carry out every thing i have said...

My 2 cents....
One love

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

Former [Australian] Prime Minister Paul Keating has warned that the United States cannot expect to win a war against China on the Asian mainland, in a major speech calling for the US and Australia to adjust to a rising China.

LINK

Makes sense. After Korea and Vietnam, it's quite obvious the US lack that certain je ne sais quoi required to tackle Asian threats in the manner it may some Middle Eastern ones. Unless, of course, they bomb them to kingdom come with nuclear bombs--not really an option in this day and age nor against a threat who has similar weaponry).

So, what say you? Should the US be cosseting their communist 'friends' rather than futilely corralling their expansion? Or is a stick better than a carrot when it comes to the currency manipulating, rare earth element monopolising, human rights abusing Chinese?

I think China is existing in one gigantic bubble that will burst.. they've grown too fast and they are artificially propping up their economy by building vast ghost cities that nobody is moving into .. Russia would be more of a threat in my mind.. they've fallen once and will probably not make the same mistake twice.. China hasn't found its footing yet

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

I think China is existing in one gigantic bubble that will burst.. they've grown too fast and they are artificially propping up their economy by building vast ghost cities that nobody is moving into ..

You forget that this is the Asia-Pacific century and China will continue to experience rapid urbanization which will continue for the foreseeable future.

They are thinking ahead.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The war on the United States is happening from within so they don't need to step foot on our soil.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
as someone once said, make your peace with russia and china cause they will be the ones to liberate you from your government. coming soon

Edgar Cayce?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
We would wipe china out.... They might look/act smart, but theyre not that smart

I don't believe you......Prove it.........I don't believe either side would win.....Bombs drop on both sides and everyone is gone, that kinda denotes there not being a winner to me......No?

Or is your stance the one from elementary school? "My dad would kick your dad's ass"??

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
A war between the US and China will use every imaginible weapon both sides have. No one will win such a war unless one side decides before it escelates that surrender is better than anhilation. The Chinese will not choose surrender.

You can look at it a couple ways. As an invasion force, the chinese will win. If an elephant attacks an ant hill, the ants will win because there are always more ants than the elephant.

On a technology basis, china will win. All your goods are made in china, they understand it better and are on the cutting edge.

China is not some poor little country your government leads you to believe, they are modern, they are ruthless, and unlike americans they have honor, and that honor lies with fighting for their country alone.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

The prospect of war between the US and China would be superfluous as it would be like one branch of a bank attacking one of their sister branches. This is a chaning world and we might as well get used to the term Chimerica because it is most likely what the future holds for us.

Having said that? War is an ever evolving thing... what we did to Iran with Stuxnet China could probably do to us. They also outnumber us. On the other hand... a volunteer armed force tends to fight much more fiercely than a conscripted force.

But as long as their are McDonalds in Bejing and most of our deficit being owed to China? Well if we were people and not nations they'd call us a married couple.

~Heff

You do realize that's pretty much every war right? One bank funds one side, the other funds the other. It makes both sides money with out the bank having to do anything at all. Even stranger, a lot of the time one bank funds both sides of the war and makes even more money! War=Business, Banks like business.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join