It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The US cannot win a war against China"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The United States, would win hands down no problem. The cost on the other hand would be massive. The United States, would start out with precision nuclear weapons. That would decimate their standing numbers. To the Fools that think in the event of war Between the United States and Russia or China that they would not use Nuclear weapons. I admire that you wish that it wouldn't come to that, but their stances as well as their training doctrine shows different.

Hell even N.A.T.O's plan for either country starts with Nuking them. People need to realize that just because the Cold war ended doesn't mean either countries plans have changed much if at all. They also need to know that a War from the U.S perspective would be pointless in Asia waste of man power as well as soldiers lives. The plan would include Nuclear weapons, massive Air bombardment and naval intervention.

China has no offensive Naval capability as of yet, While they are building ships capable of such, it hasn't happened as of yet. Their Air force would be destroyed rather quickly. The only thing that might work in China's favor would be electronic warfare.

The way China's military is trained is bunk. They do a lot of show of force, but they do no cross training, shoot the radio man, they just lost com, shoot the officers they just lost effective leadership.

China is no way a real threat, to the United States, Russia on the other hand, now they would give us a real run for our money.

Also, note, that if china did attack, they would also have to deal with all our allies, I know people are going to say that no one would come to our aid, but come now lets not kid our self's they would come. It would trigger world war three, either way you look at it.

My 2 cents for what its worth.

The Grim Reaper

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Well if they nuke every major city and then emp the rest of the country. Then lauch tons of bio and chem weapons. That alone could likely kill off most of them. Then just launch tens of thousand of drowns to polish off what remains. So I think they could destroy them. But they couldn't take over without ruining the land. Meanwhile china would nuke the US and put it into the stone age. The US would come out slightly ahead but it wouldn't be a win. It would mostly be a lose lose. Then no more chinese goods and the US is screwed.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Depends..... If anyone tries to invade us now? They would be defeated easily. Wait a few more years, maybe liberals will have won, and got rid of our individual right to have fire arms.

I dont how Americans think they can defend themselves against a trained military with hand weapons..

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

The prospect of war between the US and China would be superfluous as it would be like one branch of a bank attacking one of their sister branches. This is a chaning world and we might as well get used to the term Chimerica because it is most likely what the future holds for us.

Having said that? War is an ever evolving thing... what we did to Iran with Stuxnet China could probably do to us. They also outnumber us. On the other hand... a volunteer armed force tends to fight much more fiercely than a conscripted force.

But as long as their are McDonalds in Bejing and most of our deficit being owed to China? Well if we were people and not nations they'd call us a married couple.

~Heff

I couldn't disagree more.

I see a conflict starting in the middle east that eventually draws in Isreal. This in turn brings in the US and it's allies. This in turn brings in Russia. I see China keeping it's powder dry, but alas to no benefit, once the US and Russia go nuclear.

At least you won't have to worry about those pesky little terrorist termite things anymore.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
as someone once said, make your peace with russia and china cause they will be the ones to liberate you from your government. coming soon

Sharpen your nuclear missles.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Depends..... If anyone tries to invade us now? They would be defeated easily. Wait a few more years, maybe liberals will have won, and got rid of our individual right to have fire arms.

Over my dead body.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
reply to post by jazzguy

Meh, couldn't be too much worse if that happened. I have some friends in China as part of a program to teach english and they say it's not even close to how it's described in the US and that they like it better.

How much are they paying you commrade?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious
Former [Australian] Prime Minister Paul Keating has warned that the United States cannot expect to win a war against China on the Asian mainland, in a major speech calling for the US and Australia to adjust to a rising China.

I hate that our governments are even thinking this way. I love the Chinese, the Japanese, and the Korean people. They are so cute and intelligent. Just because our governments suck we're supposed to figure out how to kill each other? NO! JUST NO!
edit on 8/6/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

la2

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Not to scare anyone, but think of it this way, the cold war lasted 45 years, China has been quietly working away for all that time, with no wars, no unrest, and has been so secretive, suddenly now becoming the economic engine of the globe.

A war with China would be a totally different experience to what the US will be used to, and throw Russia into the mix, would anyone really want to go against that?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

While China has a very large standing force, it's a logistics nightmare to mobilize a force of that magnitude.China doesn't have a navy or air force anywhere near the size it takes move that many troops with strategic effectiveness.
As a defensive army stationed on their mainland they would be a force to be reckoned with.

Countries like America have had a contingency plan for the billion screaming chinamen for quite some time now, I hope I don't live to see it.
I have visited China several times and the majority of the young people I've met there are pissed at America for the opium wars they are just now learning about in school, not to mention our debt crisis.So much anti American sentiment being taught there these days.

Remember, these will be the rulers of China and one day we'll have to deal with them.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

"A war with China on the mainland would be about impossible. Even with the technology gap that exists between the armed forces of both countries, China has the superiority when it comes to troops. 200 million man in reserves alone excluding their active duty military."

An army moves on its belly, 'food' and if it was to be won it would be won in the first month as supplies were removed from the equation. As food and supplies diminish so does the Army's effectiveness.

A possible nuclear attack could only very limited, that is to say, only one or two targets each. Full scale nuclear attack would spell doom to the entire world. They know it, we know it, everyone knows it. There would be no winners or loosers, because everyone would be dead or dying.
I suppose lets hope this 2012 awakening thing has something to it, or it's possible that if not, doom rests on our own shoulders.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by la2
reply to post by Domo1

Not to scare anyone, but think of it this way, the cold war lasted 45 years, China has been quietly working away for all that time, with no wars, no unrest, and has been so secretive, suddenly now becoming the economic engine of the globe.

A war with China would be a totally different experience to what the US will be used to, and throw Russia into the mix, would anyone really want to go against that?

It's all nuclear, so what's yer point?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude

are pissed at America for the opium wars they are just now learning about in school, not to mention our debt crisis.So much anti American sentiment being taught there these days.

Remember, these will be the rulers of China and one day we'll have to deal with them.

Thought you were dropping some post 1960's knowledge here. Better luck next time senior casey.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

A possible nuclear attack could only very limited, that is to say, only one or two targets each. Full scale nuclear attack would spell doom to the entire world. They know it, we know it, everyone knows it. There would be no winners or loosers, because everyone would be dead or dying.

Honestly now, are nuclear weapons the only way to conflict mass casualties on a populace?
A BIO attack would be the most logical form of aggression in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The US CANNOT win a war with China screamed the headline....

The US CAN'T even win a war against a foe IT CREATED.
so no the US can't win a war when it doesnt profit from peace because it simply doesnt want to win any wars.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

Thought you were dropping some post 1960's knowledge here.

I dropped around 800 billion dollars worth of "post 1960s knowledge" here son.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Learn history China still has no Navy.They will die a slow death when imports are cut off.China will never be a real threat until they have a real navy.SPEAK SOFTLY CARRY A BIG STICK!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thatonedude

America made it's bones on cotton and tobacco.England made it's bones on opium.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

The people on this post must have never heard of N,A.T.O.Attack one of us attack all.I also agree with your synopsis of the battle.China has no Navy or real Airforce yet.Therefore they are not a threat .Except on their homeland.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

That's not exactly spot on information.
Need I remind you of the Kowloon incident?
It seems Americas involvement or lack thereof still strikes a chord in the hearts of the Chinese.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join