Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

"The US cannot win a war against China"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The war has already begun. WWIII will be fought without weapons or borders. Psychological and economical warfare is the war of the future. 80% of the people on this planet have severe mental illness and its only setting the stage for the great deception AKA NWO. Just my 2 pennies

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
There will be no "Real" War with China using weapons of any kind. They make too much money off of us and our western allies. It's about economics now. Russia knows this and China knows this. We have nothing to worry about in that regard. Economically we hold the key to our own future and prosperity...meaning that we won't be defeated economically unless we allow it to happen. Some would say that we've already been doing a good job of defeating ourselves recently. We're so caught up in partisan politics and not holding corporations accountable that we're not focusing on the well being of our country and we're doing things to weaken our country and not strengthen it.
edit on 6-8-2012 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If by war you mean an on going attempt to erode our economy take our jobs all while slow poisoning us then it begun a long time ago and we are losing.If there is to be an invasion it would take place at a point of further american weakness.
If the lights were turned out for a couple weeks or the food supply were shut down things could get real interesting.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Word. Lets get back to the basics and bring the Military Industrial Complex DOWN!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Sablicious
Former [Australian] Prime Minister Paul Keating has warned that the United States cannot expect to win a war against China on the Asian mainland, in a major speech calling for the US and Australia to adjust to a rising China.

I hate that our governments are even thinking this way. I love the Chinese, the Japanese, and the Korean people. They are so cute and intelligent. Just because our governments suck we're supposed to figure out how to kill each other? NO! JUST NO!
edit on 8/6/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

How insulting: "so cute and intelligent" buy a dog(or better yet a cat.)...
ever heard of "the rape of nanking???"

en.wikipedia.org...
or "the killing fields"of Cambodia's revolutionary khmer rouge?
en.wikipedia.org...
History is important.

They are people. Mao and Pol Pot weren't even particularly nice people; especially toward their "intelligent "countrymen. being a doctor ,teacher or just wearing glasses and looking smart gets you shot during communist purges.
Too smart and you may question the state= death.

Doesn't mean we should go to war with them today.
edit on 6-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
We have about as much a chance of "liberating" the Chinese people as China has of "liberating" us. All countries have leaders and all countries have sheeple. Maybe one day the sheeple will rise above the governments and corporations behind the governments and work together for the greater good. One world ruled by the people... One world with the basic concept that all men (and women) are created equal... One world where all men (and women) are free... One world where we all work together to strive for peace and prosperity. One world where hard work is rewarded. One world where... Ehhhh it will never happen. At least not in my lifetime.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
All we would have to do is threaten them, in saying we will make them buy more US Treasury bonds if they do not obey us. We have them half way beat already.

We look at them with that crazy Melamine intoxicated stare and say we buy, you buy, and their done.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

At least China is honest about it's human rights abuse's, How many innocent middle eastern people have been murdered as a result of American collateral damage now? not to mention things within their own borders?

Hell, virtually every nation has a string of human rights abuse's to their name, My own nation has long list.
Pot calling the kettle black.

Ummm... China is honest about it? errr..... No, they aren't.

1989: Massacre in Tiananmen Square

Several hundred civilians have been shot dead by the Chinese army during a bloody military operation to crush a democratic protest in Peking's (Beijing) Tiananmen Square.

Tanks rumbled through the capital's streets late on 3 June as the army moved into the square from several directions, randomly firing on unarmed protesters.
Source - BBC

^^ That absolutely did happen and the human rights people of that time went absolutely ballistic for a very long time over it. (Rights organizations estimate into the thousands)

China wouldn't want anyone knowing or talking much about it though..

When trying to search for the unrest, users have been coming across a message explaining that search results could not be displayed "due to relevant laws, regulations and policies".

Throughout the years, the government's methods have been very effective in making people avoid any discussions of the crackdown, added Mr Clark.

"For most Chinese the words 'Tiananmen Square' don't bring to mind the same images and associations as in the West, it's more like Trafalgar Square to Brits
Source

The U.S is absolutely no George Washington anymore for honesty. That's part of what I think needs addressed at some point in the future, to get beyond our past in America.

However, if we're talking about war with China, we have to be realistic about what it is we'd be fighting, IMO. Freedom of speech isn't even a passing joke there. Not even a thought crossing the Party minds.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
most likely they would have Russian patrolling their sky's= not good for usa
we wouldn't attack with a ground force cause that would be stupid, USA Navy ships would have their hands full with Russian subs. China would go full hack mode on US info structure = not good
I think if we did see a war a lot of new tech would come into play, tech that has been hiding for a real fight and it would be a straight up tech fight between USA and Russia. these are guesses, large scale emps, electro magnetic weapons, high tech nano bots, laser weapons, microwave weapons, unnatural disasters caused by strategically placed nukes in tectonic plates, bio weapons, Maybe nuke powered plane? robotic killing machines?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by la2
the cold war lasted 45 years, China has been quietly working away for all that time, with no wars, no unrest,

No unrest?

There are reportedly 500-some protest in mainland China per diem. Not last week did a Jiangsu city get overturned in the wake of mass protests against waste water from some factory being proposed to be dumped in a local fishing area... LINK

No wars?
Chinese Civil War
Sino-Indian War

Then there was the Korean war, where the Chinese accounted for more than double the military representation of any other partaking nation and goaded the US 'cowboys' closer than any other nation to launching a nuclear attack. Vietnam...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This thread boils down to this:

China attacks the US = US Wins
US attacks China = China Wins

I don't see a war happening.

C'mon now, some of you are saying a 150 million armed americans wouldn't be a force to be reckoned with?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SepticSheepHerder
This thread boils down to this:

China attacks the US = US Wins
US attacks China = China Wins

I don't see a war happening.

C'mon now, some of you are saying a 150 million armed americans wouldn't be a force to be reckoned with?

Yup. That is it exactly... Not a traditional war anyway... It would take something else. A corporate takeover. Get the sheeple to turn on their "Herders" and come over to your herd willingly... I don't see that happening unless all of the sheeple turn on all of the "herders" of the world...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The USA would win because none of us know exactly what futuristic weaponry they have....but the Starwars microwave weaponry program gives us an idea......

China would be doomed.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
The USA would win because none of us know exactly what futuristic weaponry they have....but the Starwars microwave weaponry program gives us an idea......

China would be doomed.

Technology will never win wars. Sure we could wipe an enemy from their country.. As well as all of their civilians. But then ones own people might not take to kindly to the the indiscriminate slaughtering of men, women and children. You would win the war but would lose your own "followers" or "sheeple" in the interim. It is not the way to hold onto power. Any resistance can survive and thrive no matter what kind of technology the "superiors" have... Ok I am using way to many quotations here. Me "thinks" it is bedtime....

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The problem is not winning a war for we can win any war and the world knows it. The problem is we can't occupy worth a crap...

Now what war is the OP talking about? One that another country invades America...God help them, and I'm not even talking about against our military.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious
No unrest?

There are reportedly 500-some protest in mainland China per diem. Not last week did a Jiangsu city get overturned in the wake of mass protests against waste water from some factory being proposed to be dumped in a local fishing area... LINK

No wars?
Chinese Civil War
Sino-Indian War

Then there was the Korean war, where the Chinese accounted for more than double the military representation of any other partaking nation and goaded the US 'cowboys' closer than any other nation to launching a nuclear attack. Vietnam...

The next wars are going to be in China, Iran and north Korea... but they will be civil wars... People talk about a civil war in America...give me a break...go to China where the vast majority of the population makes less than 100 dollar per month and everyone and their bothers are watching them to walk the company line...

It's going to get ugly in China in less than 10 years...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Q. Why would China and USA have a war? What's to gain from such a large conflict?

Only flash points for conflict I see is over the Middle East, Taiwan and over the South China Sea.

It's not just USA couldn't win a war against China on the Asian mainland no one could be the winner. The USA ,China and the rest of the world would be the losers in the end.

We are not talking about a war between a superior force against a weak nation but two nations that each posses Nuclear and possibly biological weapons.

I have seen some responses saying China needs USA for it's economy exports, but what's to stop china to build a middle class consumer in China?? 300-600 million people who buy just the normal USA person, not now but eventually, maybe that's what those Ghost cities are for the upper middle class of China.

But how I see China of late is a hungry nation that is growing to fast will they end up like the Japanese Empire feeling they need more land and resources so they invade Vietnam and claim all of the South China Sea for it's Oil and Natural Gas? but then again isn't Russia to China as Canada is to USA?? plus China is building pipelines from the Middle East to North West China to supply themselves for the long term.

A war between China and USA just seems preposterous, but in such a Great War I think China would fair better they are willing to lose 10's of millions to 100's of millions of people and if the world goes back to the stone age they are better suited to survive.

This just seems like Cold War scare tactics, i believe we all are screwed if we don't develop clean safe energy and protect our spaceship Earth, should be working together not trying to kill one another over what's left of resources.

edit on 7-8-2012 by kyoiism because: (no reason given)
edit on 7-8-2012 by kyoiism because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but China left the Korean war because of the USA's nuclear weapons program...

Also, Russia got their asses kicked in Afghanistan.

The United States has a far superior intelligence system that spans the globe and have military and fleets situated in asia.

Besides, as members have already pointed out, what would these countries gain from having an all out war that would kill millions of people, but achieve nothing?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

That will come, did you miss the news about hardening the electric grid against emp attacks ? Check them out and you will have a clue on how they are thinking ahead, the social glue on West is being eroded, as things get worst people lose respect for institutions and awakening claim for government accountability and see how the economic system is at best a mirage created to defraud future generations until it implodes.

When we have populations that have nothing more to lose we get a revolt, if well directed we get a directed revolt (see what is happening in the Middle-East as a prof of concept). I just hope not to be alive when it final occurs, but all is accelerating...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Because there is only one known successful way to occupy: putting a large chunk of the population to the sword. The Cold war is really the originators of this idea that we can successfully occupy a country without having to do that. The Russians and Americans both practiced the strategy. Russia eventually gave up and went back to slaughter. America still seems to think its possible, but clearly it is not, at least not under any known strategy.

I really can only think of one time it worked. Late 1800s America. We successfully occupied Japan, China, the Philippians, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Panama, Hawaii, and a few other places.....and it worked. Every one of those nations, today, has some decent relationship with the US, and most except China accept US bases and trade preference.

What did we do there? We allowed self governance, if I recall. We built bonds, and had respectable soldiers.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join