It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The US cannot win a war against China"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Former [Australian] Prime Minister Paul Keating has warned that the United States cannot expect to win a war against China on the Asian mainland, in a major speech calling for the US and Australia to adjust to a rising China.

LINK

Makes sense. After Korea and Vietnam, it's quite obvious the US lack that certain je ne sais quoi required to tackle Asian threats in the manner it may some Middle Eastern ones. Unless, of course, they bomb them to kingdom come with nuclear bombs--not really an option in this day and age nor against a threat who has similar weaponry).

So, what say you? Should the US be cosseting their communist 'friends' rather than futilely corralling their expansion? Or is a stick better than a carrot when it comes to the currency manipulating, rare earth element monopolising, human rights abusing Chinese?

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
as someone once said, make your peace with russia and china cause they will be the ones to liberate you from your government. coming soon

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Houston,yeah you got a problem www.youtube.com...
Could someone please embed.Keating was not a popular leader,however he is not wrong.It's not a Hollywood block buster and won't end like one in under 3 hours..

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Depends..... If anyone tries to invade us now? They would be defeated easily. Wait a few more years, maybe liberals will have won, and got rid of our individual right to have fire arms.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Meh, couldn't be too much worse if that happened. I have some friends in China as part of a program to teach english and they say it's not even close to how it's described in the US and that they like it better.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
yes i do believe it. I live in New Zealand and we have asians everywhere. come to crunch time who are they all gonna back I wonder

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
A war between the US and China will use every imaginible weapon both sides have. No one will win such a war unless one side decides before it escelates that surrender is better than anhilation. The Chinese will not choose surrender.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The prospect of war between the US and China would be superfluous as it would be like one branch of a bank attacking one of their sister branches. This is a chaning world and we might as well get used to the term Chimerica because it is most likely what the future holds for us.

Having said that? War is an ever evolving thing... what we did to Iran with Stuxnet China could probably do to us. They also outnumber us. On the other hand... a volunteer armed force tends to fight much more fiercely than a conscripted force.

But as long as their are McDonalds in Bejing and most of our deficit being owed to China? Well if we were people and not nations they'd call us a married couple.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Here is the embed you have requested.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I always think of these two Einstein quotes when mentioning a war of that magnitude.

The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
as someone once said, make your peace with russia and china cause they will be the ones to liberate you from your government. coming soon

Uh, have you met Russia or China? I don't anticipate that 'liberation' being a good thing. Everyone who starred should go take a vacation.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Not to mention how dependent the Chinese economy is on the US consumer... People who claim China now owns the US are idiots.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
We would wipe china out.... They might look/act smart, but theyre not that smart

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Thankyou MrWendal.I must learn one of these days.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

A war with China on the mainland would be about impossible. Even with the technology gap that exists between the armed forces of both countries, China has the superiority when it comes to troops. 200 million man in reserves alone excluding their active duty military.

In this one area, a land war, the concept of quantity over quality will make a difference. The only thing that could swing the difference would be for widespread dissent to occur in the Chinese forces resulting in an internal chaos issue.

The second x factor is going to be economics... Losing the US markets as well as imports would cause massive issues in the long run for China.

Honestly speaking I dont think its going to come down to a war with China.. With the Chinese people getting tastes of freedom (thought / political / socio-econmic / etc) the Chinese government is facing more and more internal pressure to continue the changes.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
no one would win...world population would plummet....which is what they want...

then they can maintain the concentration of wealth in their greedy little mindless hands....

if not developing nations will overtake the western world and balance out wealth distribution until there is no need for dumbasses handing people guns and reasons to go fight other people they never met.

there would be no need to kiss their ass to survive because then we would all have a more equal opportunity to be happy and prosperous without them....so because they suck at adapting, we have to de-evolve....

they are suicidal monkeys....and they call us the zoo......

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Mind telling us who these people you refer to as 'they' are?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Can't win a war against China?

Depends. How do you command/feed a 200 million man army in a war? You can't, it's literally impossible, and too confusing. You think China cares about their men? Nope, they are just cannon fodder, and will die by the hundreds of thousands (Or millions) just to capture an objective.

Game planning and strategy (guerrilla warfare mainly) are the ultimate winners of a war. Mass troops, and advanced technology doesn't mean anything. History will tell you this.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

no one you heard of, just the global banker cabal, their affiliates, all corporations that fall unto the umbrella of public money siphoning, the enterprise spoken of during olly north's Iran contra hearings, the millionaires club founders, people who played both sides during the world wars, mostly government officials and anybody you think we need for society to dysfunction the way it does....

no one really.

bush Cheney and this guy,....if you are like making a list or something....just to name 3

edit on 6-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Depends..... If anyone tries to invade us now? They would be defeated easily. Wait a few more years, maybe liberals will have won, and got rid of our individual right to have fire arms.

If you think the victor in a Sino-US war will be decided by how many inbred yokels riding in the back of their Confederate flag adorned pick-ups can tote firearms, then I think you better pre-purchase a burial plot right next to Charlton Heston's. ...because you'll surely be availing it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join