It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity News and it's 7 minutes of terror during decent!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Hi All,

My first post for awhile but I have been following Curiosity and am soo excited that the day has come for to reach Mars... it's new home inside Gale Crater -

Hencefourth I shall call it Marvin and he is now a Martian
and from all of us here on Earth we wish you good luck and watch out for moving rocks and shifty mounds... ;P

This video is amazing and shows the decent of Curiosity and the "Seven minutes of Terror" from when we receive the signal that it has reached the Martian atmosphere until confirmation of landing.

There are also some more related clips below:

I can't wait for the raw images to start coming through!! - The MSL (Curiosity) homepage is here: mars.jpl.nasa.gov... for anyone else interested in the program!

HK7

edit on 6-8-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
First images from MSL (Curiosity) on the surface of Mars...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I went to bed at 8pm and set my alarm for 1am and my fiancee called to make sure I was up. lol

It was awesome!! I am a HUGE Mars fan and I can't wait to see the images Curiosity gets.

My favorite rover though has always been Spirit rover. I just love the pics Spirit got and one of my favorite anomaly pics is from Spirit.

I look forward to the pics that come from Curiosity like a kid looks forward to Christmas!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thanks mblah!

Me too, it's the most exciting thing to happen this year!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Victoria Crater has been my favorite area so far!!! Although I was looking forward to Endeavor crater... We never got there!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Good thread Havick007, S & F

Very, very, very happy to see it land without incident, the sheer risk factor alone made this seem very touch and go, lets hope for some great uncensored images and info from NASA.

top topics

join