It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object in the "Air" on Mars photo.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I came across this photo recently on space.com.

It's of a meteorite that had fallen to Mars surface. Whilst looking at the great image I was surprised to see an object that appears to have been slightly blurred or obscured in some way on the horizon. Now, it may be something on the lens.......it may not, but as I zoomed into the picture further it looked like one of those photo's you see that have been intentionally blurred? What's your thoughts?

Am I crazy...........no don't answer that!!

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

www.space.com...
edit on 6-8-2012 by CaptainBeno because: Forgot a bit.....in too much a rush!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

if thats the mars surface, then what in the lalala is that farmland shaped stuff on the bottom of the picture?

let alone the tiny black dot on the horizon.

what the lalala?

peace.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Cannot see o_O

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Farmland...lol. That is the rovers solar cells.

As for the object in the sky, I have no idea.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Dp
edit on 6-8-2012 by drfresh because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

if thats the mars surface, then what in the lalala is that farmland shaped stuff on the bottom of the picture?

let alone the tiny black dot on the horizon.

what the lalala?

peace.

I concur. Wtf is that farmland looking area??? I see the dot but that farmland has my attention. We need the smart folk to examine this.
edit on 6-8-2012 by drfresh because: Mistake

link   

Its part of that rover isn't it? Solar panels or something, on the right you can see some type of bracket.

The dot in the distance is interesting

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

Hahaha. Wow I feel stupid. Thanks tho

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart

Its part of that rover isn't it? Solar panels or something, on the right you can see some type of bracket.

The dot in the distance is interesting

yea but that "farmland stuff" looks VERY far down, as if the picture was taken from a drone view.

what if mars rover = secretly mars HOVER rover?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by drfresh

No need to feel stupid. I don't believe there are any stupid questions and the photo does look like farmland.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I have zoomed in as far as I can on my PC, but still no idea what it is in the picture in the distance.......I presume it is just a speck on the lens.........but I am sure that somebody on ATS will come up with a better answer, someone who has better techno stuff than what I do will have an idea...........................

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I have zoomed in as far as I can on my PC, but still no idea what it is in the picture in the distance.......I presume it is just a speck on the lens.........but I am sure that somebody on ATS will come up with a better answer, someone who has better techno stuff than what I do will have an idea...........................

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I bet by morning theirs gonna be a whooole lotta "whats this on mars" threads...... If their was something, im sure NASA will announce it

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

If you noticed when you zoomed in, the area affected is a square that matches the image bands (color bars that subdivide the image) probably a corruption in some place. A dust particle would not be so restricted so it must be some type of digital error.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by davethebear

If you noticed when you zoomed in, the area affected is a square that matches the image bands (color bars that subdivide the image) probably a corruption in some place. A dust particle would not be so restricted so it must be some type of digital error.

Okay, thanks for your techno understanding................I have no idea.............cheers

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I can see Nasa's answer to these farms...

"Considering that Mars can not, i repeat, can not support life, these stuff that looks like farms are in truth space dush on the len of the satellite's telescope."

or even...

"Chuck Norris visited once Mars and these are his footprints. So it is something very very natural!"

Can Nasa had such a huge failure in covering up the image? Or they are preparing us for the upcoming announcement that ET life forms have made contact with us?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
And if they are actually farms then think about the size of the object on the bottom right of the picture! How big can this skyscraper-building be?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
the link shows that the image is somehow linked to a January 2012 slideshow

the slideshow is a series of 43 pictures taken by the 2 rovers, Spirit & Opportunity

Latest Mars Photos From Rovers Spirit & Opportunity
by Tariq Malik, SPACE.com Managing Editor
Date: 05 January 2012 Time: 11:30 AM ET

from the space.com link

evidently, older pics which were never published before and the editor needed to fill the page with some new content

the 'object' above the Mars horizon... who knows... it did not create interest back in 05 January 2012.

in any case the object/artifact was captured by a lens position from on one of the Rovers, thus fairly low to the surface (less than 6ft) so keep that in mind when trying to calculate the distance of the spot in the sky

the farmland & building are just the edges of a solar panel on the Rover & a bracket...dig up a graphic of the Rovers and locate the things seen in the image then determine the camera angle & position.. i note the shadow so we know the Sun position, go from there
edit on 6-8-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

here's a video.... the first 10 seconds or so will show a Rover in great detail.... the camera- the solar panel array etc

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

the old video takes a little bit of time to load up

edit on 6-8-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Just curious, but why would the picture be black and white?, not really much of a camera person, id have thought they would have been in colour.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Well for one, contrast, there is much more contrast in a black and white photo. Second and this is only from my knowledge of film, but with black and white you can shoot faster shutter speeds . So in the same light you can up the shutter speed and still get a clear picture with less light than shooting in color. With digital I have no idea if this rule applies.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join