It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law might be declared soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Just a hunch .. but.. the USA is sitting in a spot where TPTB have full right to declare Martial Law..

connect the dots~!

look at what congress just passed.. and the larger picture.. they don't need to change any laws regarding 2nd Amendment~!!!

If there's one more attack .. i'm fearing the worse but, praying for the best

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Umm I don't think so bud.

I think people throw around Martial Law without knowing what it is. Martial Law is usually just declared after major national disasters where the government is unable to function so they deploy the military.

I seriously doubt that Obama would declare Martial law over a couple of crazies going on shooting rampages. I mean that's like a weekly occurrence it seems now.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Hi Komodo,

I'm not American but the conspiracy nut in me whispers "Gun Law" every time I hear about another US shooting.
I know there has been nut-bags walking in and blazing up work-places and schools forever over there, just seems like the MSM are really dwelling on it lately. Jeez, even in Australia we were hearing about Aurora for ever.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Unless something REALLY drastic happens in the very near future I think not. At the current moment the Obama administration has no actual cause to declare martial law.

Should the global economic sturcture implode it might happen

If war were delcared Iran leading to WWIII it might happen

Should a global pandemic hit it might happen.

For no goddamn reason at all it won't happen

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
Unless something REALLY drastic happens in the very near future I think not. At the current moment the Obama administration has no actual cause to declare martial law.

Should the global economic sturcture implode it might happen

If war were delcared Iran leading to WWIII it might happen

Should a global pandemic hit it might happen.

For no goddamn reason at all it won't happen

right..

but all i'm saying is ..

if HE/congress thinks USA is being attacked through domestic terrorism.. why wouldn't they declare it if they 'percieve' America is being attacked from within..

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The way our society is structured Martial Law would be an irrational action on behalf of those who govern us. As long as we are all busy with our self-absorbed, material based lives, we are complacent and easily manipulated. Restricting our access to cheap food, easy entertainment, and ready-made distractions would only serve to lift the veil of ignorance that most of us live our entire lives under. Idle and locked-down people would quickly begin to piece together all of the things that the'd previously failed to notice.

Now if they start giving us free cable TV and free Internet... That would be the time to worry about population control becoming a major issue. But as far as being sequestered and restricted? Totally counter to the nature of our controls.

The great illusion is to make the slaves believe they are free.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

well your going to be very suprised soon. In aniheim a man got shot in the back of the head by police while handcuffed, neighbors got it on camera and cops offered to buy it off them and they said no. The people started protesting and the cops opened fire with rubber bullets killed; Death toll 2. Now there IS martial law going on there, and why?! Because, all those people are awake and ready to make a change!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

The way our society is structured Martial Law would be an irrational action on behalf of those who govern us. As long as we are all busy with our self-absorbed, material based lives, we are complacent and easily manipulated. Restricting our access to cheap food, easy entertainment, and ready-made distractions would only serve to lift the veil of ignorance that most of us live our entire lives under. Idle and locked-down people would quickly begin to piece together all of the things that the'd previously failed to notice.

Now if they start giving us free cable TV and free Internet... That would be the time to worry about population control becoming a major issue. But as far as being sequestered and restricted? Totally counter to the nature of our controls.

The great illusion is to make the slaves believe they are free.

~Heff

Star for this~!

Agree, however, i saw a pattern and was on the 'wall' sorta speak and needed to say something .. even if I'm wrong I can't say I didn't speak up .

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jordanAKbramsen
reply to post by muse7

well your going to be very suprised soon. In aniheim a man got shot in the back of the head by police while handcuffed, neighbors got it on camera and cops offered to buy it off them and they said no. The people started protesting and the cops opened fire with rubber bullets killed; Death toll 2. Now there IS martial law going on there, and why?! Because, all those people are awake and ready to make a change!!!

Martial law in Anaheim?
Source please, or do you just mean an increased police presence?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
If martial law was to be declared in the U.S., it would probably go down something like this:

A nuclear device is smuggled into New York harbour on board a ship and detonated.

Obama would then declare a state of emergency and postpone the election indefinately.

Martial law would be declared and the U.S. would become a military dictatorship.

The Iranians would be identified as the terrorists.

The U.S. would respond with a nuclear attack.

WW3 would begin.
edit on 6-8-2012 by triune because: spelling

edit on 6-8-2012 by triune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by triune
If martial law was to be declared in the U.S., it would probably go down something like this:

A nuclear device is smuggled into New York harbour on board a ship and detonated.

Obama would then declare a state of emergency and postpone the election indefinately.

Martial law would be declared and the U.S. would become a military dictatorship.

The Iranians would be identified as the terrorists.

The U.S. would respond with a nuclear attack.

WW3 would begin.
edit on 6-8-2012 by triune because: spelling

edit on 6-8-2012 by triune because: (no reason given)

yes..

that's one plot however, everything that is going on .. it's ripe for ML ~! and what's odd is... I wanted and fully expected Martial Law to be activated on 9/11 .......fully expected and wanted it to happen and after waiting .. 3 DAYS by the phone..

it never happened.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
aren't we still under marshal law from 9/11? i don't remember them officially retracting it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

They have no more right to declare Martial Law after a few isolated instances of mass gun shootings than they do to declare a moratorium on driving after a series of deadly multi-car crashes. I am Not buying it. Even if there is an assassination attempt on The POTUS or an alien invasion and the UN signs an intergalactic treaty there is no "right" to undo our unalienable rights (at least not in this republic).

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Throughout history in many counties including the United States and Canada, martial law has been declared in small areas following a disaster, natural or man-made. Many nation's constitutions allow martial law in unique situations to maintain order and public safety in times of emergency.

I could never understand why so many people on this forum seem to fear martial law. It isn't something to be welcomed, but the very mention of it seems to be cause for alarm and I was perplexed. But it finally hit me as I read this thread - and please correct me if I'm wrong: The fear is of a nation-wide declaration of martial law.

The whole United States. All 3 million square miles on the mainland. 350 million people. Many of them armed. Under martial law from coast-to-coast.

It has never happened.
It never will happen.
And even if it does, the armed citizens of your country outnumber your military on such a scale as to make such a declaration a logistical folly. Even without the factor of an armed populace, actively policing such a vast geographical area would practically be impossible, even with a sky full of hijackable drones.

Does one honestly believe that the entire army and law enforcement forces would fall in line behind such an order, either? I have my doubts as it is something that is not ingrained into our Western society. During the Egyptian uprising, where the country had been under virtual martial law for half-a-century, many career soldiers flatly refused to fire upon their own citizens when ordered to by Mubarak's government. And that was from a society that had become used to an active army presence in the streets in day-to-day life.

I would sooner expect China to invade Canada than I would ever see nation-wide martial law implemented within the United States. There are simply too many factors beyond the government's control to ensure that it could be successfully implemented, atleast in this day of age.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

It is MARTIAL (as in derived from MARS, the God of War) and relating to the military replacing civilian rule NOT MARSHALL (as in some western sheriff or the Marshall Plan after WW2).

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by triune

Sadly you nailed it. And the destruction of NY would also devastate the financial markets (wall street) more than if it was most other cities with the possible exemption of Washington, DC as that would destroy the government structure as well. Either city would destroy icons of liberty (statue of liberty in ny, most landmarks in dc) which would have a psychological affect on the population beyond the death toll. In addition if it was DC and the President was secured elsewhere then he would have no choice but to take over (exec branch over legis) and activate COG contingency plans (Fema zones taking over states as well). "How do You spell (Reichstag)?"

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If there were anywhere that NEEDS martial law, it would be Chicago.. or Detroit. Martial them ( the criminal elements and lunatics) all to jail and let the normal folks like normal lives. Im only half joking.. since one cant shoot to kill people who are shooting to kill you.. guess marital law is looking pretty darned nice to some who cant even safely go grab a pack of diapers after dark.

Seriously though, no martial law imminent. It would really cause an uprising they dont want now. Easier to control with honey and not force. The ONLY way martial law would be declared is that our benevolent leaders would refuse to let a great crisis go to waste, like a "terrorist" attack or similar. You know.. lock you in your house and disarm you for your own safety.

new topics

top topics

join