It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI is working on a program to collect the profiles of nearly 100 millions Americans!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Recently-released documents show that the FBI has been working since late 2011 with four states—Michigan, Hawaii, Maryland, and possibly Oregon—to ramp up the Next Generation Identification (NGI) Facial Recognition Program. When the program is fully deployed in 2014, the FBI expects its facial recognition database will contain at least 12 million “searchable frontal photos.”

Just.. wow.. is this really happening?!

Rise of the NWO?

FBI wants to be able to search and identify people in photos of crowds and in pictures posted on social media sites—even if the people in those photos haven’t been arrested for or even suspected of a crime. The FBI may also want to incorporate those crowd or social media photos into its face recognition database.

This just keeps getting worse and worse doesn't it, whats next in the works of the shadowed government for their glory towards The New World Order?

Source

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I thought that's what Facebook was for.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

Dear Zatox,

LOL, it has already happened and it is all pictures of all people. Facebook has 900 million users and some of the best biometric algorithms around. The government has access to them and Tumblr and the whole web. Check out the new Galaxy S III phone, it has facial recognition software and Apple just bought a company that specializes in biometrics so your next I Phone will too.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

Don't they already have a billion or more profiles through Facebook, Myspace and LinkdIn? It would seem to me that their "new" collection methodology has already been eclipsed by the companies they are in bed with in the "private" sector. Not to mention the process would be redundant.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
face recognition + drones... Where are they going to get the money for this? Safety and security, or a convienient way to remove whistle blowers and "undesirable troublemakers"? This seems like Hitler's wet dream.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Well, when this becomes mainstream and functional in a real way, it'll be like the movie Freejack. If you're a wanted person, you better wear a mask..oh but wait, thats illegal already in many places for robbery concerns. With networked cameras and running through the largest data center on Earth, soon opening in Utah, pretty much leaving the house will be a real serious risk for anyone Uncle wants some time with, let alone actual warrants.

Welcome to the brave new world. (Tries to find the way back)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Good... No more excuses for false arrest.... Im sick of being held at gunpoint being the 'wrong suspect" unhand cuffed 1 hour later just to be told Im lucky thats all that happen.. The more technology for the law, fbi, whatever, the better.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Curse the shadow government an it's wicked ways, you won't win.. it's already written!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Good... No more excuses for false arrest.... Im sick of being held at gunpoint being the 'wrong suspect" unhand cuffed 1 hour later just to be told Im lucky thats all that happen.. The more technology for the law, fbi, whatever, the better.

Your sarcasm is so sharp I'm almost unsure of the authenticity of your humanity.
You're that good right?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
eh,

whatever....

I don't even care anymore....they can target us, threaten us and our loved ones with physical and emotional pain...

they can kill us and take our country away....it doesn't matter anymore...

they have sold out so bad and changed teams so thoroughly that really they are more screwed than we are. We will at least live our last days with dignity and honor. They will die like traitors and little angry men that sold out their fathers house to their enemy for cheap thrills.

When their kids grow up in a POS country they helped create they will know they have failed us all and most importantly their kids and grandchildren that will live in fear. They will be worthless human beings and they won't know how to fix it.

That is worse....I greet my grave having conquered life...they will run from it having thrown the chance at doing something worthwhile away on the whims of people who they know hate them.

it actually sucks to be them....I would rather die a rebel in my land than a traitor in it.

screw them.....armed tough guys in numbers......that were abused in school because they were dumbasses that thought they were better then everyone and never had a complete life until they were old and wise enough to hide the many faults and inadequacies that we all see.

Screw you FBI....why not go catch a real criminal instead of trying to intimidate your people....a civilian population that you say you protect....

yet you are too scared to catch the big boys doing real crime because well, they would mop the floor with you and be allowed to do so by your bosses who are in bed with them.....AND YOU KNOW IT.....

so be traitors spending our life's blood destroying our country....one unethical action after another. Even dogs are more loyal than you.

edit on 6-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

This is called Facebook.

Let's bet that at least 75% of the people who come on ATS daily to whine about Big Brother have a Facebook profile. Let's add to that bet by saying they'll qualify their ownership with "but I don't even use it."

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

face book is not the problem....it's that we have valid reasons to "whine, bitch, or whatever" derogatory term you use to describe public sentiment......it's called being pissed...

face book could exist without the billion dollar industry of domestic spying....we had MySpace before it and people didn't feel that threatened....

the problem is that we have traitorous apologist who actually think they are better than their fellow man and act like the smug morally superior ______ that has always set them apart from society...not because they are better, but because they think they are....

when the cookie crumbles we will all go hungry looking for crumbs...make no mistake....the ones "bitching" are in the same boat as the ones trying to act loyal to disloyal people.....pathetic really.

If cars had a metal spike that went up your ass every time you got in would you say we are morons for using it, even though we all need cars to function in our society???

how about you remove the spike up our asses....and leave myspace and co.. and all your people alone....stop domestic spying and we wont have a problem....but weirdo social outcasts need to feel special in order to think they are worth anything....

"I love you my mighty overlords....I get to stick around right???"

edit on 6-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The beauty of forensic sciences - including this one - is that they eventually overload themselves. Example: recently we've finally discovered that fingerprints are not unique.

If they want 100 million I say let's give them the power to get 7 billion faces on record... and when they figure out they don't have the tech to effectively use those faces for anything other than taking up hard drive space? Well they'll give up and move on.

In my opinion this technology simply won't pan out into any "Minority Report" sort of end result. It might catch the odd person at an airport ticket terminal,but little else.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightWarrior11

Originally posted by dayve

Your sarcasm is so sharp I'm almost unsure of the authenticity of your humanity.
You're that good right?

I wasnt being sarcastic, that actually happened a week ago...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by Zatox

This is called Facebook.

Let's bet that at least 75% of the people who come on ATS daily to whine about Big Brother have a Facebook profile. Let's add to that bet by saying they'll qualify their ownership with "but I don't even use it."

Facebook is one thing an I'll be the first to say, privacy online is a sick joke because we have absolutely none. None at all. Hell, even TOR is leasing exit nodes out to a group for higher speeds that connects right back to Uncle Sam and his Hydra. There goes the neighborhood.

THIS though?? I'd like to know I can walk in to buy a soda or just walk down my street on a quiet evening and NOT be filmed, recorded, categorized and identified at least once and likely several times over the course of an evening stroll through our downtown or business district.

Once crowd scanning is perfected and simply adjusted for scale, a computer is a scary thing here. Scale is unlimited if computer power is within range. Hell, they could scan the Olympic Stadium and have every last name and dossier of every single person in a seat within moments. The only limit now is photo resolution, computing power and sheer processing speed. That's it... Just technical problems. Obviously, they figure money is well spent solving them.

edit on 6-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
At least for everyone that has a state issued Drivers License (or state ID) or has an active Facebook account.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Face recognition-Fake beart, checkmate.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It's nice to see they have their priorities straight. Spying on and building dossiers on a bunch of nobodies just because they can.

Obviously those who were "paranoid" about the US becoming like the old Soviet Union weren't far wrong (if at all).

I'm sure they'll catch a bunch of people for assorted minor crimes and maybe a few serious criminals and terrorists. And everybody else will just have to deal with being treated like property. But of course, that's all we've ever been for a long time, isn't it? They're just formalizing it now, I guess.

It's really crazy. There can't be that much crime and/or terrorism going on. They must be gearing up for something if they need this much information about absolutely everyone.
edit on 8-8-2012 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join