It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Landed!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
Was on nasa site about 30mins ago...looking at the photo gallery...now there was 48 photos....and now when i popped back in there is only 46....I don't know what two have been removed....looking.Nasa
edit on 033131p://f16Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

Possibly a cat wandered into the filming area?
Could be many things, they could have been pulled so someone would notice and cry FOUL!!!
They are laughing their collective arses off I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by smith88

They just had/ended another conference... i hope u got to see!
Didn't pay attention much to this one as i was writing a U2U to a really life saver mod.
Goes to show the alert button really does work when you push it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

Very nice, very nice indeed. Hope the U2U work goes well. I am calling it a night at this point. I did/am catching a news conference right now.
Cheers to the combined efforts at NASA- absolutely. Very inspiring, even as an adult. I'll probably have space travel dreams tonight, of this I am certain.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf
If the first images are any indication of whats to come then I think they really overhyped the photo quality that was to be expected IMO.

and the conspiracy cliche user shots himself in the foot WELL DONE!!!

Before you jump to conclusions why dont you do some research on the subject

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
Was on nasa site about 30mins ago...looking at the photo gallery...now there was 48 photos....and now when i popped back in there is only 46....I don't know what two have been removed....looking.Nasa
edit on 033131p://f16Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

I don't believe the link you gave goes to the Curiosity image gallery? Looking in the right place?

Honestly, people who are paranoid about this kind of thing should be saving every single image, and have a screenshot script running at all times. It's not hard to set up and might help relax you some. You could use autorefresh fireefox pluggie and a screenshot or fraps style program to do it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke

Drinking game anyone?
1. Shot for everytime someone says the word 'pyramid'
2. Shot for everytime someone mentions Richard C Hoagland
3. Shot for everytime someone crops and resizes a rock in photoshop and says it's a skull or fossil
4. Shot for everytime NASA reframe or recolor a photograph and a new thread is opened on ATS about it
5. Shot for everytime a person says they are dissappointed in the results

I'd get alcohol poisoning if i tried this drinking game.

But seriously to think that more than a decade of R&D rested on a period of just eight minutes, I'm surprised there wasn't any coronaries in the control room. Say what you will about NASA (Never A Straight Answer, etc) they have put us closer than ever to answering the biggest question in history.

Perhaps the answer won't come from lights in the sky, but from the smallest microbe.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hi people.

I don´t feel proud of saying this, but I cant help but beeing skeptical about everything NASA.

I don´t know. 5 years ago I´d feel different. Maybe even happy.

Now I know that if they "find" something, it´ll never be made public.

And the "I´m watching a Live Stream, so nobody can lie to me" is so naive it hurts....

BTW, I´m American but not North American, so "the flag" doesn´t count.

PB

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The thirty-eighth photo has the skyline blanked or is that the natural sky color for Mars.

NASA

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
If they can put a man on the moon surely they can use color HP. If its BW its not real. That is the opinion expressed by a friend and I second that notion.

Oh my god, I really want to grab your hand and force you to do a facepalm to yourself.

Are you a bit simple?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
People here seem to forget the actual mission here too. They are not there to see if they can find Aliens, which wont happen, they are trying to find evidence that this planet used to support life. I am hoping they find evidence of intelligent life from the past and not just microbes etc because that would be mind blowing and would be the biggest f**k you to religious BS.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Here is a picture from the rear (low-res) HazCam (with the transparent dust cover off):

The object in the bottom right corner is the spring from the lens ejection mechanism (If I have understood it correctly)
Can't wait to see more once Curiousity gets settled in and is all nice and comfy

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

If they can put a man on the moon surely they can use color HP. If its BW its not real. That is the opinion expressed by a friend and I second that notion.

Are you for real
read up on the mission find out the timetable of events until then you know the drill, stfu!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Not a chance. I would know.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

You sir, just owned yourself your 4000th star.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
Now I'm just waiting for the usual bunch of ATS jokers to come on & make a thread about this all being a hoax & we didn't really go to Mars & the pics coming in were taken from some sound stage in a Utah desert or something LoL. It's inevitable

So is death but at least you can avoid them.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Could be many things, they could have been pulled so someone would notice and cry FOUL!!!

This defiantly is a wind up.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I just saw the ustream and I would like those twitter facebook accts the nasa flunkie said he was connected to. I have a few questions to ask him

1. how do you live with yourself knowing you are lieing to all of humanity?
2.now that emperor Obama cut your funding what will you disclose first in retaliation?
2. why the low res pics first ?
3. we should be seeing mars in real3d by today's standard?
4. what do you believe and know exists on mars? beyond microbes?

real questions not the safe diluted filtered questions I see and hear on msm........................

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

reply to post by Phage

OH, something that doesnt involve good pictures? Really? How very special. Its a freaking joke beyond and they deserve jail sentences on their huge fraud.

A friend says it looks like they landed in some dried up lake bed, only he doesnt think its mars. Advanced HP color film would be awesome though. And I could suggest some good spots to land too for that matter.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

You are seriously a #ing idiot. They had a 2 MINUTE windows to send those pictures from #ing millions of km away. Do you really think they had the time or would even waste the time with pretty pictures, when the point of these pictures was to see if it had LANDED SAFELY?
This was the case with opportunity and spirit as well but yet we now have huge amazing panoramas taken by the same rovers.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin
Here is a link to the ustream. It was cool watching that live. Was I the only one that watched that computer animation model and thought, 'there is no way this is working...'
Glad it did.

Was hoping the first picture back would be a close up of one of the aliens from Mars Attacks! staring into the camera.
edit on 6-8-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)
[/quote

Here you go! Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
I just saw the ustream and I would like those twitter facebook accts the nasa flunkie said he was connected to. I have a few questions to ask him

1. how do you live with yourself knowing you are lieing to all of humanity?
2.now that emperor Obama cut your funding what will you disclose first in retaliation?
2. why the low res pics first ?
3. we should be seeing mars in real3d by today's standard?
4. what do you believe and know exists on mars? beyond microbes?

real questions not the safe diluted filtered questions I see and hear on msm........................

1. When do you get off calling people who know more than you liars then ask stupid questions?
2. Why don't you point out those so-called lies so that someone can respond to them?
3. Why don't you go read more about the subject?
4. Why jump to conclusions about what may or may not exist on Mars when you have demonstrated ignorance?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join