It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Landed!!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nine11

There are floating planets out there mr. Ignorant.

We've been to every planet that we can land on in the solar system.

So why spend more money on things we have already done.

Thia is not a conspiracy thread its a thread about truth.

Add your input to one of those threads because you will just be laughed at here.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
reply to post by nine11

There are floating planets out there mr. Ignorant.

The only planet you've been to is Earth. How can you prove really anything without the help of NASA?

Maybe you are Mr. Ignorant for believing everything they dish out

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nine11

I got me a big ol telescope that i can see mars with personally... i dont need nasa to tell me mars is there.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican

I got me a big ol telescope

reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

A telescope?? LOL

Well if thats good enough for you, i cant argue.

Other humans may need a little more than just a one sided close up image of a reddish dot.

Why cant they strap a go-pro like camera on Curious George and bring back an HD Mars video?

They never will. Just crappy pictures with stuff blacked out. Like this:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nine11

If you land that monkey onto mars how are you going to get him off the planet? Teach him how to build his own rocket?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nine11

I have a picture where none of that is blacked out Haha.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Check out this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like im not the only one.....see how many stars it got??

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nine11

Looks like took copyright photos and changed them. Not one bit of surprise there to me.

Doesnt matter how many stars he has. I dont care how many stars or flags i get. Haha.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nine11
In other words, it has been fun making humans believe there are actually floating planets out there...

?
??
???

Did a human being, in the twenty first century, really write that? Wow. I'm actually floored, and disappointed, by the ignorance on display here...

Maybe I'm being unkind, and the poster was actually talking about Saturn?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BagBing

HAHA right!

Im guessing its just a huge hologram projected into the atmosphere to make us believe stars, black holes, quasars , pulsars , white dwarfs, brown dwarfs, galaxies, nebulae, red giants , asteroids, comets, and planets are real.

But what hes saying is that they are not actually there!!!

Omg its the matrix now.

We all need to take that red pill. STAT!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
so let me get this straight they blasted a spacecraft across a billions miles of space and through incredible feat of engineering delivered its payload through the planets fercious atmosphere, to safely release the rover to ground all so as to take a wideview photo of the australian desert. Its an impressive feat.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Who cares the fact is that we did do it. And its no where close to a billion miles. I think someones just jealous of america

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Still looks like the Australian desert. Why not landed it somewhere where photos reveal something interesting, like glass tubes, artficial looking features, or near them areas which show what looks like trees of flowing water. No its always in the middle of barren landscape.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Because there is the fact that mars is a barren landscape.

And its no surprise that mars would look like earth. Its a rocky planet. Created in the same manner as in earth just many millions of miles away.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Still looks like the Australian desert. Why not landed it somewhere where photos reveal something interesting, like glass tubes, artficial looking features, or near them areas which show what looks like trees of flowing water. No its always in the middle of barren landscape.

Because they did these things. However just because you find those things interesting does not mean scientists feel the same way. In this case the scientists noticed lots of excellent geological criteria, the area appears to have been very wet in the past and with exposed sedimentary layers. This will allow them to get an excellent understanding of Mars' history.

We need to be able to identify planets that could support life, so that we can locate them among exoplanet surveys. Hell it's plausible that within a century the first alien communication could have been carried out.

Scientists care more about the long term prospects of this than whether the first pictures are stunning. That's about the best explanation I can give.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Because they did these things. However just because you find those things interesting does not mean scientists feel the same way.

whose paying for this expedition the scientists or the american taxpayer. Let the taxpayer have input and agreement on where they land these things after all its being funded by them.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

What were you expecting, reptilians? You complete and utter balloon. I am pretty sure that the main objective is not just to beam back pretty images. To my understanding (And I have had my ears shut) is that they are going to look for presence of water, or past flowing water. And wouldn't it be excellent if they found evidence of past life, as in microscopic life rather than fat fingered humanoids expected by some, or penis monsters that finger curiosity (As discussed in another thread), or maybe there is still remaining life?? Who knows, give the thing a chance to get over the jet lag, very early days.

Areas that look like trees or flowing water? What are you on son, seriously? Can you keep me some though

edit on 18-8-2012 by OnionHead because: Penis monster fat finger

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Personally I agree that it would be interesting to land it at the place with the "trees"

i mean look at that

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

whose paying for this expedition the scientists or the american taxpayer. Let the taxpayer have input and agreement on where they land these things after all its being funded by them.

I can't believe you'd make such a silly statement. There's a reason that we use experts you know? There are lots of things paid for by the taxpayer where the average person should have no input whatsoever.

Do you want your local nutjobs deciding they don't like the cost of all this 'water testing' and when was the last time anyone got sick from water anyway? Do you really want people without a proper understanding to be put in charge of important empirical projects?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

Where is the British Rover landing on Mars?

Why do we have to do all the hard work?

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join