It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Landed!!

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I have not seen that picture, and it is not in my downloads. I downloaded all the pictures as they were made available. There is a very similar picture, but it hasn't got that 'frame' on the left side.

So the guy who made that video has either added that 'anomaly' on the left by himself, or he has got images that aren't available to the public.

Guess what option I think has happened?
edit on 10-8-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher

I have not seen that picture, and it is not in my downloads. I downloaded all the pictures as they were made available. There is a very similar picture, but it hasn't got that 'frame' on the left side.

So the guy who made that video has either added that 'anomaly' on the left by himself, or he has got images that aren't available to the public.

Guess what option I think has happened?
edit on 10-8-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

I'm going with "added anomaly".

Right? Prize? None?

Humph.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Joking about what? That the pictures are tampered with and that when corrected they look different? That NASA lies? Please get real.

Totally tampered as ids this thread with NASA shills. Paid? Whatever their getting is a waste, imo.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Good grief where are the mods? If ever a thread needed it, it's this one. I'm trying to read about factual information on Curiosity and 80% of what's being posted is completely off topic. This is starting to get really annoying.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sol 3

not sure if anyone posted this(just seen there is a whole thread on it), but Sol 3 is up.
Only thumbnails, but its better than nothing!

reply to post by IamMe14

I agree, that is why i stopped replying to the people who are mindset on ruining this thread.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Anishnaabe because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2012 by Anishnaabe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!

Here is the Topic, and the attached OP:
Curiosity Has Landed!!

I suggest members read or re-read it before posting again.

Any further off topic posts will be removed in an appropriate manner.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

This thread will be temporarily closed for a few minutes to allow all members to read this post.

Thanks.

re-opening......please post with care
--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

You are responsible for your own posts.
edit on Fri Aug 10 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Why and how can people like this even exist? And believe stuff like that? I'm speechless. Nope, sorry- I'm a SHEEP! That's what I was about to get called, right?

Yes, a sheep.

"How can people like this even exist?"

People like what? That question the information in front of them? People with open-minds? Conspiracy theorists? Realists? Young People? Old People?

Humans from all walks of life have been questioning these NASA missions for years, ever since we sent life-forms to the moon.

Sorry to inform you but yes....."these people" do exist and in numbers quite larger than you might expect.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Originally posted by amazing
The only thing that made me think it could possibly be faked was that they didn't perform a live sky crane test on earth?

They can't do a complete test of the skycrane on Earth because it was designed to operate on Mars, with its thinner atmosphere and lower gravity.

This is the same baloney used to explain why no lunar lander ever worked on Earth. They did attempt to use a jet engine powered trainer but it proved too near-lethal to really use. The reason we should always question everything from NASA and every form of Government is simple... they all have been shown to lie, mislead, invent, misdirect, and even kill, over and over and over. If you make it easy for them to lie to you, they will do so and you are partly to blame.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

This thread was created to state that the rover has landed on mars. Not to complain it didn't. I believe what I believe. That's why I started it. To inform not to neglect.

If people want to say that we didn't land on mars then they are free to start a new thread and see how that goes. No body is stopping you and heck I would like you to so we can stop explaining every detail to the nay sayers.

Oh yea and please learn to spell bologna right. Spelling counts!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

And what if alternative theories have been shown to be lies, riddled with misleading material, inventions of delusion, and misdirect people from sanity, over and over and over again?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Just curious and I have to be honest in saying that I have only done a cursory look/search but has there been any explanation on the greyish areas that appear in the Curiosity photographs yet?

Do we have to wait for them to blast it with the laser and spectral test the areas? Are they going to test those areas?

So many questions...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1
Just curious and I have to be honest in saying that I have only done a cursory look/search but has there been any explanation on the greyish areas that appear in the Curiosity photographs yet?

Do we have to wait for them to blast it with the laser and spectral test the areas? Are they going to test those areas?

So many questions...

I think you are refering to the area where the lander exhaust plumes blew the dust/gravel.
And yes, they look cool and juicy!

I'm sure they are going to examine those areas carefully

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by drakus

Originally posted by Terminal1

So many questions...

I think you are refering to the area where the lander exhaust plumes blew the dust/gravel.
And yes, they look cool and juicy!

I'm sure they are going to examine those areas carefully

Yea and thanks/!

I know of the four areas where the rockets scrubbed the ground. In one of the interviews they talked of how they were glad they were there because it gave them a free "dig" and had thought they would have to work the wheels of the rover to get an idea what was just underneath the surface.

If you look at the color 360 degree panorama you can see some grey patches much larger than the rocket scrubs. They are not really defined but more or less have a grey nature to them. I think I remember them giving those a mention but I haven't heard anything since. Just wonder if anyone has heard any other talk about them since life had me and I haven't been able to give full attention to this unfolding awesomeness we call Curiosity.

I mean they could be caused by the sky crane rockets as it went off to crash but they seemed too ill defined for that.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If you go to NASA.com, click the Curiosity Image gallery and scroll to number #89 you get this....

edit on 10-8-2012 by nine11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nine11

We have known since page 3 of the thread... they only used a dollar to show the detail of the camera from 10 feet away.

There is also a thread all about it.

Maybe you should go there...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine11
If you go to NASA.com, click the Curiosity Image gallery and scroll to number #89 you get this....

edit on 10-8-2012 by nine11 because: (no reason given)

NASA posted the image as an example of the detail one of the camera systems was capable of resolving.

It is rather an impressive example if you take the time to read the information accompanying the photo.

Detail Observed from 10 Feet away with Curiosity's ChemCam

This image displays the type of detail discernable with the telescopic camera of the Chemistry and Camera (ChemCam) instrument on the Mars Science Laboratory mission's Curiosity rover. The instrument uses a telescope for spectroscopic analysis of chemical elements in targets such as rocks or soil. The same telescope serves the instrument's camera, called the remote microimager. For this image, the remote microimager photographed a dollar bill from 10 feet (3 meters) away.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

They did attempt to use a jet engine powered trainer but it proved too near-lethal to really use.
Where did you get that nonsense?

All prime and backup commanders of Lunar Landing missions practiced lunar module-like landings in the LLTV at Ellington AFB. Astronaut pilots include Neil Armstrong, Charles Conrad, James Lovell, Alan Shepard, David Scott, John Young, Eugene Cernan, Richard Gordon and Fred Haise.

The LLRV was flown 83 times at Ellington AFB. A total of 439 flights were logged on the three LLTVs, with LLTV No. 3 (NASA 952), the only remaining vehicle, accounting for 254 of those flights.

www.ehartwell.com...
edit on 8/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

First pictures from Mars rover Curiosity 06 August 2012 FULL HD 3D

1st fake! Mars Curiosity has first mistake with BLACK AND WHITE images! HD 3D

xfacts.com...
True Colors Of Mars

Now, if you accept even on lie, you accept their capacity to be nothing but LIES.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Congratulations, that has got to be some of the worst boll**ks I have ever watched.

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

2:30 mark. Camera's flashing, small room......impossible to stage?

Not impossible at all...My backyard looks a lot more like Mars than the pictures that have been uploaded.

Where do you live? Mars.

Originally posted by GhostRiderK2
Right im off for a bike ride on my baby while the sun still out yay

Cool, I used to have a BMX too

What are some of you people on? If someone farted near you you would call conspiracy, "a mass Illuminati dumbing down gas experiment for the sheeple" (Or something to that effect). You think that because other people don't buy into ridiculous theories that they are blinded or sheep, no, some people can not only be open minded, they can be sensible about it too.

Your just as bad as the guy on the UFO boards that thinks he is from the Andromeda galaxy (Well maybe not)

Why go to all this trouble to fake a Mars landing? ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There now I fed you, time for bed, and more drink

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamMe14
Good grief where are the mods? If ever a thread needed it, it's this one. I'm trying to read about factual information on Curiosity and 80% of what's being posted is completely off topic. This is starting to get really annoying.

Factual information about Curiosity on a conspiracy board.

Mkey. Interesting idea. If you like, you can get "factual" information straight from NASA on their site, and nobody can even comment on what they say there so its very easy to absorb it as truth.

Here you go:

www.nasa.gov...

edit on 11-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordAdef
I appreciate your inputs on all this but PLEASE find a "FAKE CURIOSITY MISSION" thread to troll around. It's really unfair to hijack the OP original subject like this.

Trolling is when you post things with the interest of making someone angry or upset.

What do you call it when people see through the scam and cant even take NASA seriously anymore?

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join