It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Landed!!

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
For all we know this could be shot in the Mojave Desert easily, and they are making us think they went all the way to Mars. I personally don't believe in these "missions".

Are you - are you serious? You really think this didn't happen? You don't think any mission happened? Really?

I just don't know what to say and if I did say something I will get an infraction. Not worth it.

Learn. Study. It will all make sense. And please - by all means, what's your evidence or proof that Curiosity and all of the other missions never happened?

You want your $12 back?
edit on 8/9/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoKill
There is structures on the moon, period. Even by smudging them they did nothing but point out this fact LOUD AND CLEAR!!!!! If we didn't build them, then who did????

You make very basic, logical mistakes.

You don't in fact see "buildings" on moon, you only saw images with smudges. The smudges could be errors in the digital images, or whatever other reason. The smudge doesn't prove there is buildings, it ALSO doesn't prove that someone "edited" the pictures. It's just that: SMUDGES

Everything else you conclude from there is pure speculation.

This is like me giving you a picture for "proof of Aliens", except the picture is all BLACK. And then claiming its black because it was censored by the NSA...except that with your logic you would take the fact that the picture is black as "evidence" that Aliens exist and there is a huge conspiracy...while in reality, you have NOTHING to show at all.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The difference is that this is really "true color". This is not a combination of various filtered greyscale images. If you were standing on Mars with your camera, these are the colors you would get.

And oh yes, the mosaic was made with thumbnails, not full resolution images.

And what a bloody great difference!! This will make our experience some much nicer, can't wait for the full res data.

A credit must be given to all former complains on the way NASA was handling the filter processing from the other rovers. I know the explanations, but this picture proves NASA could have corrected and handled the reddish effect a bit better. In the end we are in between the former "true colour" and the "false colour".

Do you think the pictures from Curiosity will change the way they are adjusting the colours in Opportunity?
edit on 9-8-2012 by LordAdef because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
CNN today:

An unmanned moon lander under development flipped over, crashed and burned during an engine test Thursday afternoon at NASA's Kennedy Space Center, the space agency reported.

Whoops there goes a billion dollars

Originally posted by impaired

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
For all we know this could be shot in the Mojave Desert easily, and they are making us think they went all the way to Mars. I personally don't believe in these "missions".

Are you - are you serious? You really think this didn't happen? You don't think any mission happened? Really?

This is a conspiracy theory website. You must be lost......let me point you to the exit.

edit on 9-8-2012 by nine11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nine11

AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics with a diverse mix of users from all over the world.

-From the "About..." page. Though conspiracy theory is mentioned it is not the prime reason. It is an alternative news discussion board. It does not support the idea that you must believe conspiracies to post here and from what the "mission statement" as written above, ALL are welcome to discuss what they feel and think on a variety of topics.

It is not your place to point to the exit for anyone but yourself unless you do not follow the posting guidelines.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine11

This is a conspiracy theory website. You must be lost......let me point you to the exit.

edit on 9-8-2012 by nine11 because: (no reason given)

It is indeed a site for conspiracy theorists to come together and converse over aspects they have some degree of knowledge in. It is also a forum for discussing other interesting things other than conspiracies.

You, however, just spout that NASA is bad, and all those that show their images are lying to the world. You show no evidence, you have no valid arguments.

So what is a conspiracy theorist called when they have no theory? I'm asking you, as you are the epitome of the theorist without a theory.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by GoKill
There is structures on the moon, period. Even by smudging them they did nothing but point out this fact LOUD AND CLEAR!!!!! If we didn't build them, then who did????

You make very basic, logical mistakes.

You don't in fact see "buildings" on moon, you only saw images with smudges. The smudges could be errors in the digital images, or whatever other reason. The smudge doesn't prove there is buildings, it ALSO doesn't prove that someone "edited" the pictures. It's just that: SMUDGES

Slow down son..
I never said the NASA photos were the only ones I have studied. There's actually other non edited versions to do an overlay/side by side comparison with.. Only used NASA as an example because the brain dead on here give them so much credibility. Which they have none...

So ahh... Everything you conclude from there is pure speculation.

Never came to the thread to prove or disprove anything, just to make you little ones THINK for yourselves.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As someone pointed out above this is a conspiracy site. So maybe yall should start this kind of thread on nasa.gov or space.com. Because as long as it's on ATS you will constantly have to deal with like minded free thinkers such as myself...

just saying...

Edit: With that I will no longer post in this thread as my work is done here...
Good day...
edit on 9-8-2012 by GoKill because: (no reason given)

jra

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Whoops there goes a billion dollars

Try $7 million over 2.5 years. That's incredibly low budget for NASA.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is a conspiracy theory website.

That doesn't mean you need to throw your brain out the window.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Are you - are you serious? You really think this didn't happen? You don't think any mission happened? Really? I just don't know what to say and if I did say something I will get an infraction. Not worth it. Learn. Study. It will all make sense. And please - by all means, what's your evidence or proof that Curiosity and all of the other missions never happened? You want your $12 back?

I don't need evidence to provide my opinion on this matter. This is ONLY my opinion, sorry for hitting a nerve there. I want my time back, keep the $12 bucks.

ETA: Can you provide proof that these pictures are actually from Mars?
edit on 9-8-2012 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
NASA's reaction to the touchdown:

2:30 mark. Camera's flashing, small room......impossible to stage?

edit on 9-8-2012 by Fox666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

reply to post by jra

Looks like i hit 3 birds with 1 stone. I dont have any evidence NASA is faking missions. Why would i? Where would NASA leave me this evidence? Where is YOUR evidence that NASA is telling the truth??

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

2:30 mark. Camera's flashing, small room......impossible to stage?

Not impossible at all...My backyard looks a lot more like Mars than the pictures that have been uploaded.

You shouldn't have edited your post bro, makes much sense. Deny gullibility!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Looks like i hit 3 birds with 1 stone. I dont have any evidence NASA is faking missions. Why would i? Where would NASA leave me this evidence? Where is YOUR evidence that NASA is telling the truth??
reply to post by nine11

Thank you sir, exactly my thoughts. I wish I can give you like ten stars.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Terminal1

reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

reply to post by jra

I merely told you that you had no right to tell anyone to leave the site and pointed to the "mission statement" to back that assertion.

As for proof of the Mars Curiosity actually being proof it is there I submit what NASA has shown us as photographic evidence. It is up to you to prove this evidence wrong which I highly doubt you can. The burden of proof is on you. I am with NASA on this one so go ahead and prove to me that they are faking the whole thing. Not with conjecture or similarities. Cold hard facts please.

I'll be waiting...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is awesome I watched the video on how it was all suppose to work and I must say great job NASA

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I've been reading this thread since page one. Apart from the ridicules "why is it black and white/my iPhone can do better" posts this has been a very interesting and enjoyable read. However 2 trolls are now dominating what was a good thread. If ever there was a time for mods to step in its now.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1
The burden of proof is on you. I am with NASA on this one so go ahead and prove to me that they are faking the whole thing. Not with conjecture or similarities. Cold hard facts please.

I'll be waiting...

Your asking the impossible and you know it. Cold hard facts that they are faking a NASA mission?? This isn't a video game, i cant go beat the boss and hack the computer. They spend years perfecting a conspiracy. For some reason..... you think NASA is on your side. Big Mistake.

(p.s - If you could post one picture from NASA to help your argument, which one would it be? Lets see it!)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1
The burden of proof is on you. I am with NASA on this one so go ahead and prove to me that they are faking the whole thing. Not with conjecture or similarities. Cold hard facts please.

I'll be waiting...

Your asking the impossible and you know it. Cold hard facts that they are faking a NASA mission?? This isn't a video game, i cant go beat the boss and hack the computer. They spend years perfecting a conspiracy. For some reason..... you think NASA is on your side. Big Mistake.

(p.s - If you could post one picture from NASA to help your argument, which one would it be? Lets see it!)

There is were we part ways in thought. I don't think I need to argue my case because my case is being played out for the life of the Curiosity rover. To me to consider it a fake is to think that they have faked it so well that they have actually done it.

Look... I like a good conspiracy too. I think Lincoln was shot because of the "greenback" and L H Oswald was not the lone gunman. But I see no reason to fake this whole rover deal and to me to think otherwise is a slap in the face to the thousands of engineers and other personnel that actually accomplished a great feat.

So there ya go.. agree to disagree.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Terminal1 because: FOrmatting error I can't figure out how to fix...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Ok Trolls thanks for your enlightening comments and thoughts. I'm sure they were meant to be some thought provoking, blow my mind startling reality that I and the rest of us had never thought of, but you have lost us I'm afraid.

Along with recent pictures of Mars and more that seem to be available almost daily, you are fighting a losing battle.

I'm sure it was a mind exploding festival the moment you joined the dots in your small minded little brains that "WOW Man, that looks like Earth" and came up with this crap, but I'm sure not even you could imagine the lengths that NASA has gone to to bring you these wonderful pictures.

Yes, this is a conspiracy website, but all things are not conspiracies my friend. And whilst some believe conspiracies are fact, so is this.

Build a bridge and get over it. Enjoy with the rest of us, as this is truly amazing.

MODS please sic balls.
edit on 9-8-2012 by CaptainBeno because: oops

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I would say this one:

That is the before and after shot of Mars where Curiosity landed. It was taken by the MRO satellite orbiting Mars.
It shows Curiosity right where they say it should be, right when they say it should be. Are you going to tell me now that the MRO is a fake, or that it is really taking pictures of Earth?

Ok, that was my turn. Your turn now. If you could post one picture to help your argument that Curiosity isn't taking pictures on Mars, what would it be?

EDIT: BTW, you didn't answer my question. What do you call a conspiracy theorist without a theory?
edit on 9-8-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join