It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Landed!!

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I little old me thinks Phage and his buddy's work for NASA maybe get a little pocket money for coming on here and kissing NASA behind. Come on don't knock people for what they think. I reckon that this NASA thing etc etc is all a decoy from all the real space missions coming out of Area 51 or a underground base in some remote part of USA. And no I have no proof im nobody but I have spent the last 14years researching anything to do with space. Right im off for a bike ride on my baby while the sun still out yay

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostRiderK2

Oh how I wish I worked for NASA....

.....but alas, I haven't got the high level of training and experience required - yet!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Everyone that works for NASA are smegheads they should be more like cat and lister

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostRiderK2

If they all ate curry or fish it would get rather smelly in mission control.

Just saying....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by amazing

Making a scaled down mockup wouldn't work. It wouldn't be the same because even though the weight could be made to match the weight on Mars, the mass would be less. It would not respond in the same manner.

The only way to accurately "test" the system is with computer simulations. They know how much thrust the rockets produce. They know how much mass is involved. It's a matter of physics. It's something computers are very good at simulating.

edit on 8/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

What bloody rubbish are you on about?
Anything engineerable on mars can certainly be tested on eartk.

Even though g is different

The -raw images- on the Curiosity website look like Arizona.

Maybe they ARE Arizona?

NASA hit the wrong planet?!

--------------
Just kidding but the raw images are revealing. It looks like the rover pounced on the surface

of Mars and threw small particles all over the place. That makes sense. It weighs a ton.

There are tiny rocks on top of the rover.

-------------
Perfect landing by the way.

The Sky Crane is the crazy part. I'm glad it worked.

They should play this animation in every classroom in America to inspire our students.

Just click play.

- Sky Crane In Action -

edit on 9-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
They will blur all the space crafts

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

reply to post by amazing

Making a scaled down mockup wouldn't work. It wouldn't be the same because even though the weight could be made to match the weight on Mars, the mass would be less. It would not respond in the same manner.

The only way to accurately "test" the system is with computer simulations. They know how much thrust the rockets produce. They know how much mass is involved. It's a matter of physics. It's something computers are very good at simulating.

What bloody rubbish are you on about?
Anything engineerable on mars can certainly be tested on eartk.

Even though g is different

Put your little thinking cap on and find out the difference between mass and weight!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If there is no rover on Mars why would NASA blur anything out? If there is a rover on Mars then how can you say everything is faked? Good grief you guys with your wild theories are killing me, take it to another thread please.

Why can't everyone just enjoy the pictures and relax a bit? We're seeing images of a planet 150+ million miles away, that's pretty damn amazing! Stop and think about that for a second, really ponder it for a few minutes and then try to come back to this thread with a bit of level headed thinking... And if you can't do that then perhaps there is a thread in the UFO forum that would be more to your liking.

Oh and I wish I worked for NASA, if they need someone with an insurance background by all means send them my résumé. I'll infiltrate them and steal the key to the room that holds all of the secrets of the universe... Then i'll come back and post pics fron my iPhone camera which is far superior to Curiosity's cameras! /sarcasm

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Next news briefing starts in 5 mins (18:00 GMT 10:00 PDT).

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

or

www.ustream.tv...

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Mastcam 360º panorama is up!
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Mastcam 360º panorama is up!
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Great link! It looks pretty bare. What do they expect to find?

Water? Oil ? Gold ? Platinum ? Iron ?

Finally , a great color photo!

Of course, the other rovers have already sent us many of those.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The difference is that this is really "true color". This is not a combination of various filtered greyscale images. If you were standing on Mars with your camera, these are the colors you would get.

And oh yes, the mosaic was made with thumbnails, not full resolution images.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Eurisko2012

The difference is that this is really "true color". This is not a combination of various filtered greyscale images. If you were standing on Mars with your camera, these are the colors you would get.

And oh yes, the mosaic was made with thumbnails, not full resolution images.

It looks pretty desolate.

I would like to plant 1 cactus and 1 Ponderosa Pine tree right there and see what happens.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Phage - where are images from Sol 3?? Shouldn't they have gone up already?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Put your little thinking cap on and find out the difference between mass and weight!

heck i suggest you go and get an engineering degree first

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Patience grasshopper ( that would be padawan for latter generations).
They are using a lot of bandwidth with systems checks, software transfers. I don't think images are a high priority at this point.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

reply to post by impaired

Patience grasshopper ( that would be padawan for latter generations).
They are using a lot of bandwidth with systems checks, software transfers. I don't think images are a high priority at this point.

Patience granted...
Can't wait. I mean... I CAN WAIT. I CAN WAIT...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Right now on CNN's front page is a picture of Mars rocky surface.

CNN is lying to world blatantly, front and center, and they dont give a $%#$.

They know sheep will be sheep.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by GoKill

Just before you go................

OFF TOPIC WARNING!: As a serial eye brow raiser of the moon missions myself, yes I have seen said photo's. I know what you are on about. I also understand why you want to shout it out nice and loud for us "stupid people". But and it's a big but mind,.......they would have had to go to the bloody moon to get the photo's in the first place.
I understand your frustration and yes I don't believe NASA gives us all the answers either, but this (I believe) is as real as it gets! WE ARE ON MARS!!!!! GET IT INTO YOUR THICK HEAD.

BACK ON TOPIC.

AREN'T THESE PICTURES FANTASTIC!!??......................................OF MARS.

I am a man of my word so I was done with my soap box rant and off.... However if I get hit in the back of the head with a rock on my way out (so to speak) I must respond.

I never claimed they didn't go to the moon..??? I believe they did go but where my problem comes in is... They were defiantly not truthful about what they found.... ie smudged photos.... There is structures on the moon, period. Even by smudging them they did nothing but point out this fact LOUD AND CLEAR!!!!! If we didn't build them, then who did????

2 words to your last comment. or more...

PROVE IT!!!!!

As I pointed out in my op and others have echoed. Its looks like AZ....

They will no longer show us LIVE Superbowl (tits) games so what makes you "stupid people" think they will stream LIVE MARS VId in HD? Give me a break!!!!

Think about this last thought for a moment.

There are plenty of places on earth an Alien race could land and Stream back LIVE VID in HD to show there controlled Populace that there is no life on our planet. (Sahara, Mojave, etc.) So we could be on mars just the Sahara part of Mars... Funny the didn't land by the face or the pyramids.... hummmmm

Thanks

edit on 9-8-2012 by GoKill because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2012 by GoKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
For all we know this could be shot in the Mojave Desert easily, and they are making us think they went all the way to Mars. I personally don't believe in these "missions".

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join