It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Landed!!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
They land it in a barren place, yet again, and have no color or clear images? Really? In todays era?

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

Please note my post on the previous page. I knew there would be one, I didn't expect it to be the very first post on the new page though. You have outdone yourself here, sir or madam!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
Here is the first colour image received from curiosity:

Hope this quells some of the 'omg wtf there are no colours, NASA rip off' responses. I'm betting there will still be another on the next page though...

Good schtuff!! Though I doubt it will quell those types messages.

As far as the far left horizon... could that be the edge of the crater itself?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
There will be a lot of questions (that will never get answered) because the audience is far more sophisticated today than when NASA created and spoon-fed the Apollo program to the masses. Why is there no means to photograph Curiosity at work? A simple extending boom with a camera on the end capable of looking back or a sub-rover, small RC device that could deploy from the main rover and drive around, taking pictures in context? Seems obvious.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

I'm guessing you mean from the Mount Sharp image re the far left horizon?

Here is the original, judge for yourself:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
For all we know, Nasa is probably filtering out what they want us to see and maybe they will see something that would be a game changer and will decide to withhold this from public.
How can any of us know for sure that what is presented to the public is authentic?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KurdishKing

then just dont pay attention to it then.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by KurdishKing

For all we know, Nasa is probably filtering out what they want us to see and maybe they will see something that would be a game changer and will decide to withhold this from public.
How can any of us know for sure that what is presented to the public is authentic?

How do we know anything? All we have been taught is from second hand sources, other than the first hand knowledge that experience gives.

Is everything a lie?

That is an unhealthy approach to life. Instead, look at what we do get, instead of wondering what we might not be getting.

The whole point of this mission is to try to find geological evidence of climate change on Mars. Why do you think they are looking for that?
edit on 7-8-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

I told you CATS everywhere!!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
reply to post by Terminal1

I'm guessing you mean from the Mount Sharp image re the far left horizon?

Here is the original, judge for yourself:

It is so hard to tell. I wish I knew more about this site than I do. Is there an instruction page that tells how to upload images and such (outside of direct links)? Also.. .I know this is off topic, but what do all the little letters on the "avatar" sidebar mean? I have figured out the p=posts and s=stars (maybe) but the others I am still trying to figure.

I want to circle or point to what I see in some of the photos but I am ignorant on how. Frustrating sometimes lol.

But on the far left of the corrected photo and not the softly graded Mt. Sharp which resides slightly right of center. It just looks like it is the walls of the crater itself.

Going to look at other sites I guess ot get my mind more wrapped around the scale of the crater itself.

All this stuff is amazing and mind bending to a layman like me... who has always been a space buff. I soooo look forward to everything Curiosity and even NASA offers up to the public.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I was searching for curiosity cameras info..
I've found this : TrueSenseImaging: The Other Half
It seems all the curiosity cameras have the KAI-2020 image sensor, a 2 Mpx CCD sensor specifically designed for " wide range of medical, scientific and machine vision applications."
Ok, it has a really good dynamic range but what about resolving power? Today we have sensors like Nikon D800 36Mpx with also a relative good DR but a very deep resolving power...check some D800's pictures..you can zoom in at incredible details . Why only 2Mpx on curiosity cameras??? Only for speeding up data transmission?
Your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by starchaser

because its good enough to achieve the mission goals.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by starchaser

because its good enough to achieve the mission goals.

Are we talking about Curiosity? A device that should "explore" Mars ....why limit the eyes?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
OH MY GOD.....

Are there STILL people whinging about the quality of the images recieved thus far? FFS people GO TO THE NASA WEBSITE AND READ THE FREAKIN THING.

The images we have now are only HAZARD CAMERA images, that camera is primarily designed to make sure the bloody rover doesn't smack into something while it's driving around. The reason they used that camera first was because the others, which have MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better resolution are still packed away in their flight positions and need to be unpacked - which will happen over the next few days and weeks.

I am seriously losing hope in the human race seeing the continued attempt to # all over the years of hard work by thousands of people around the world to get this bloody rover to Mars.

HAVE PATIENCE PEOPLE. MORE, AND BETTER, WILL COME.

Can we lay this to rest now? PLEASE?????

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

That would involve reading. Something most ATS'ers (or the noisy ones at least) seem to find difficult.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

they are sending a robot to mars and that robot have an camera black white? ok.
sorry i dont believe that.

if that robot have 6 cam, each cam have same mpixel and colored and more than 30 mpixel or someting like that.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Forget hazard cams. I was searching for info about the 3 internal cameras (MARDI, MAHLI, MASTCAM) and I put a link 2 posts before. All three internal cameras seem to have a 2Mpx sensor KAI-2020. My question is, though the sensor is a CCD with very high iso and dr performance, why only 2Mpx? Is the resolving power not so important?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Americans are lying again, they never landed on the moon, why would we belive this?

Scaniae could colonize mars any time they wanted!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundowner

Secondly: Is it geeky of me that the first thing I thought was "Heh, bet they'll find Prothean artifacts..." (Mass Effect Series)

They Already have my friend....and i have the picture to back it up

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by aytacaksel
reply to post by Kryties

they are sending a robot to mars and that robot have an camera black white? ok.
sorry i dont believe that.

if that robot have 6 cam, each cam have same mpixel and colored and more than 30 mpixel or someting like that.

I hope the Curiosity rover rendezvous with the other rovers on Mars.

That would be cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join