It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Landed!!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LordAdef

Nah... heh. No glitch. Just the heat shield itself shrinking away. The first frame of the MOV shows the circular heat shield pretty clearly and then the subsequent frames show it fading away smaller and smaller till it is gone from sight.

I was mainly poking fun at the people who have not read or researched Curiosity and complain about the low resolution pictures or other somesuchstuff after being told a gajillion times by people with more patience than I the reasons behind the first low resolution pictures (takes breath).

Anyway, been loving every minute and hungrily wait for anything from out of this world even if it is low resolution pictures...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

HOW OFTEN....do people need to explain that those first initial pictures are from the hazcam cameras, they are low quality, tiny, BLACK & WHITE...and serve only the purpose to confirm that the vehicle landed well.

This rover has 17 cameras in total, but all the good HD cameras will be turned on LATER, the mast has not even extended yet.

Even if you would take the time to READ this very own thread here, people already explained over and over multiple times why those first pictures are only black/white and tiny - some of the cameras on the rover still have their DUST COVERS on as well.

Hey Flexy, it's worthless...
And the thread gets trashed with loads of useless posts. It's really hard to mantain the minimum level of debate this way...
edit on 7-8-2012 by LordAdef because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

Im on my phone so the photo gets snipped off about halfway...

Sorry bud maybe tomorrow when im on the PC.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

edit on 7-8-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soulece
Can you stop overlooking this photo please? I noticed 2 artifacts on this photo when it was first shown in the live feed. Everybody went "woooaaah" in the room.

One more time for the artifacts on the far right....

I am lost. Can you please draw a circle or pointer to what you are talking about?

Just gotta say this though. Just because the room says, "Wooah!" at a new picture just may mean it is a new picture coming from Mars that has never been seen before.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
reply to post by Soulece

Finally somebody paying attention. Look at it closely when you can. I know the cutoff is bad but it's on the far right.

Two white dots appear on the far right. Look closely. It was just something that stood out when I first saw it. Im glad there's a photo so people cant say I'm making it up.

For those that do not know I was watching the live feed when the FIRST photos were being shown. It was maybe 3 am. And I saw this after a guy telling people around him what he found. Then the room got estatic. Then is showed on the screen. Then somebody from another thread heard what I was trying to say went back and snagged a photo of it. It was the last photo before the feed went off. All you all only see if what NASA wants to show you. Thats why I tuned in. They cant edit photos as they are being seen for the first time. They will not reveal this photo. I have it, however. So hah NASA!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I think the most amazing thing about this thread is that somehow, all the people yelling "OMFG$%#@CRAPPYPIX" are seemingly of the same species as the folks who managed to put Curiosity on Mars.

It boggles the mind.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

Ah...got it. I bet it's going to be in youtube very soon as the final proof-must-see-ufo in the landing rsrs

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
reply to post by Soulece

Finally somebody paying attention. Look at it closely when you can. I know the cutoff is bad but it's on the far right.

For those that do not know I was watching the live feed when the FIRST photos were being shown. It was maybe 3 am. And I saw this after a guy telling people around him what he found. Then the room got estatic. Then is showed on the screen. Then somebody from another thread heard what I was trying to say went back and snagged a photo of it. It was the last photo before the feed went off. All you all only see if what NASA wants to show you. Thats why I tuned in. They cant edit photos as they are being seen for the first time. They will not reveal this photo. I have it, however. So hah NASA!

Are you talking about the two whitish looking "blotches" that kinda look maybe like condensation? (not saying they ARE that,I'm just trying to figure out what exactly you're referring to,since nothing's circled or no arrows pointing to what you're referring to.)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Correct, that is them. I am sorry for not making it more distinct. I figured people would pick up on it.

Also doesn't condensation come from water? So... why is there water?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

lol took me a while to spot the slider below the image, there are two artifacts on the far right, clearly alien ships

There is also some writings on the far right (HD) possible alien writings
edit on 7-8-2012 by OnionHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordAdef

Ah...got it. I bet it's going to be in youtube very soon as the final proof-must-see-ufo in the landing rsrs

Yea.. I bet someone will screenshot that first frame and, like you said, post it as definitive proof of flying saucers zipping around on Mars. Thing is... there are people that will believe it since swamp gas will be right out as an explanation, though reflections of Earth instead of Venus may be more in order.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnionHead

lol took me a while to spot the slider below the image, there are two artifacts on the far right, clearly alien ships

What is it then? To me it looks like objects. But thats just me. It could be anything. But WHAT is the question.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Curiosity Image Gallery

Image 48 ? whats wrong with nasa.

edit on 8/7/12 by aytacaksel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Correct, that is them. I am sorry for not making it more distinct. I figured people would pick up on it.

Also doesn't condensation come from water? So... why is there water?

That is rather interesting,especially if,like you have noted,the team was responding to what you pointed out,specifically as you have detailed in your previous posts.It's hard to tell because there are so many factors--and already we have anomolies and questions but at least we can post them and ask questions.
To whoever mentioned their frustration regarding the same comments and ignorant questions over and over,I just spent the last couple hours or so reading through this entire thread and I concur with your assessment! I have gained a new respect for Phage just for that very reason.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
You mean we get to see even MORE dirt and useless rocks from somewhere else? Thousands of photos and it's always the same thing. Meanwhile they most likely have a utopia on another planet even further out fully staffed with military. I think they are just giving us breadcrumbs from their technology, if you ask me. It only seems like the natural course of action for a government who has proven themselves to be secretive in everything else they do, hiding everything from us, promising transparency and delivering more dirt and rocks. The more that you can keep from the public, the more ahead they will stay in front of the public.....why would they give us anymore than dirt and rocks.....we seem to be exceedingly content with it. I can tell by the pace of civilian technology that military and Top Secret Black Projects should be far more advanced than a stupid little remote controlled car on Mars filtering through dust. I think they have much more to offer than this and they are keeping it for themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
They are run by the government of course.
Norvus Ordo Seclorum

Also in the question part of the panel of the team a lady asked Adam (A team member) what the secret was he was supposed to tell her before the conference. "I forgot"

Typical.

i wish more of you watched the live feed so you would understand all of this.

Yes and NASA will NOT release this photo. Well screw that, I will!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

My fault bud... I saved the file and then re-opened it and the white "twin-dots" are plain as day. Cut-off is bad.

Though they look like lens flares to me. I mean I am just a layman but that is what both look like to me since both line up with the main light source and the closer of the two is rotated slightly leading me to believe the leading surface of lenses is convex and there is more than one lens.

/coffee
edit on 7-8-2012 by Terminal1 because: switched "concave" to "convex". Need more coffee mainlined please...

edit on 7-8-2012 by Terminal1 because: Typo... hurry with the coffee please!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

They are run by the government of course.
Norvus Ordo Seclorum

Also in the question part of the panel of the team a lady asked Adam (A team member) what the secret was he was supposed to tell her before the conference. "I forgot"

Typical.

i wish more of you watched the live feed so you would understand all of this.

Yes and NASA will NOT release this photo. Well screw that, I will!

I see what you are saying and I agree--these things are very curious and it's a good thing you and others are on top of things and looking out for discrepencies.As to people watching the live feed--I understand your frustration,and I watched as much as I could,and stayed up as long as I could and gave out,where I was,it was after 2am and had been up all night the previous day and am 47 with an elderly father to care for,not all of us have certain luxuries and please try to remember that people from all over the world are members of ATS.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Right it very well could be a lens flare. But why only there and no where else?

Saved the photo. Only place you'll get it is here. Don't expect to see it from NASA ever.

I mean the whole room was ecstatic about the photo as a whole as it came up. And when the team went to the podium for the questions and what not the first thing I remember hearing was "That was easy"

This is NASA. Come on guys. We all know they are hiding stuff from us. If there is video of the question section of the live feed then more people would catch the little things like I do.

Pay attention to detail my friends. It is now 5:44. I literally stayed up for 2 hours waiting for somebody to acknowledge my posts. Finally I can rest and let you all take a glance at it. I mean at first, my response was out loud "No.. freakin... way".

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join