It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Landed!!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Sorry didn’t read through the whole thread but lol to the mugs that thought they would risk landing with the good camera exposed. Millions of dollars worth of high res camera and they would leave it hanging out like an old leg to be shattered, good one

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

i just wanted to give people on here, another chance to read what you said. We care more about "out there" than we do "in here". WE ARE PATHETIC. This is no feat......this is USELESS CRAP! Who cares about Mars....when we live on EARTH; and EARTH is being destroyed, by the same people checkin' out Mars. It's like...who cares about Iraq, when we live in America. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with us
Dude, give this NASA mission a chance. I'm pretty sure most of the people of ATS know how terribly this country is ran. We have a great story with the landing of CURIOSITY and discovering the unknown of mars. Not every story has a twist to it. Believe and give this a chance.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

So where are the photos?????????????????????????

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
So.. nobody's going to pay attention to the white dot that could possibly be an object?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Well, carrying on with the serious and focused debate...

Did you guys saw the dark and lower terrain between the mountain and the rover location? It can be seen from one of the aereal images from the NASA gallery. That will be a fantastic spot for science. I just hope that soil will be ok for the rover to drive through.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

Which white dot?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Look to the far right.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LordAdef

My thoughts exactly, when I saw the landing site pic.

That's what the other rovers didn't do. Go to the suspicions areas- where it would be simple to drive up to and decide either organic or...? What about landing it close to those transparent- air or transportation tubes?

Someone is bound to correct me, but there is a (structured area in your landing pic at 4:00- SE of the landing site.) Rough est. 70 miles away. In the same crater!

But I bet dollars to doughnuts they go N-NW instead!

Up and out of this fantastic crater to drive forever to another crater...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by madforit96

UHHHHHHH... look in page 1 to 20. There on every single page.

Wow. This thread turned into a joke.

I would rather be shot in the temple than to explain ANYTHING to the idiots that think they have an I.Q. of more than 20.

But anyways... how's that rock that you live under?

Can you say hi to Patrick for me?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
It's hard to get excited about expensive pictures that look like Kansas during the dust bowl era when they've made more cuts in my state and i'm seeing more families on the streets as the jobs dry up, people lose their homes and the infrastructure crumbles.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

Why is this a black and white photo? I thought we had cameras that took color pictures nowadays? Is there no color in space and on Mars? The Hubble Telescope has taken pictures that say # yes the most amazing pictures ever. But this expensive ass robot cant take a color picture! I call bull#!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
If they bore you, then pay attention to the picture I just posted.. twice. There is a possible artifact in the picture. Possibly two even.

Keeps getting overlooked. I spotted it at the end of the live feed early yesterday morning.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SideShow

Again another person that doesn't read my WHOLE original post.

Go to page 1 and read it ALL.

THEN you can be taken seriously when posting.

*facepalm* where's phage when you need him...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SideShow
reply to post by Kr0nZ

Why is this a black and white photo? I thought we had cameras that took color pictures nowadays? Is there no color in space and on Mars? The Hubble Telescope has taken pictures that say # yes the most amazing pictures ever. But this expensive ass robot cant take a color picture! I call bull#!

Troll? Check my post just a few posts ago and see if it helps, here is is:

"Sorry didn’t read through the whole thread but lol to the mugs that thought they would risk landing with the good camera exposed. Millions of dollars worth of high res camera and they would leave it hanging out like an old leg to be shattered, good one "

Do you get it? The good camera is tucked away nice and safe and will be ready to produce high def goodness soon enough
edit on 7-8-2012 by OnionHead because: I see dumb people

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

JPL has added a couple of movies showing the last 2.5 minutes of descent at 4 frames a second of the Mars rover Curiosity.

Just fair warning to those who do actually read and comprehend the written language, the videos are quite grainy and not the best quality but they do show the landing from heat shield ejection to touchdown. I can see why the cameras still had dust on them even when covered.

Oh, and again for those who read and comprehend, I would love to place a wager on how long it takes for someone to mention the "UFO" in the first few frames of the 1280x720 MOV? Any takers?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
edit: Actually, forget it - can't be bothered
edit on 7-8-2012 by dodgygeeza because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

I could care less about him and what he has to say.

Im just not the caretaker of the trolls under this massive bridge.

He just seems to have time to feed every one of them on a personal level unlike me.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

Great Terminal!
Sad the 1280x768 is not opening in my ipad for some reason. What's in there? An UFO glitch?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
HOW OFTEN....do people need to explain that those first initial pictures are from the hazcam cameras, they are low quality, tiny, BLACK & WHITE...and serve only the purpose to confirm that the vehicle landed well.

This rover has 17 cameras in total, but all the good HD cameras will be turned on LATER, the mast has not even extended yet.

Even if you would take the time to READ this very own thread here, people already explained over and over multiple times why those first pictures are only black/white and tiny - some of the cameras on the rover still have their DUST COVERS on as well.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Can you stop overlooking this photo please? I noticed 2 artifacts on this photo when it was first shown in the live feed. Everybody went "woooaaah" in the room.

One more time for the artifacts on the far right....

edit on 7-8-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join