It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Landed!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Been watching for over two hours now, it was fun.

i know, im going to say it.. is that a mountain in the horizon or is it a, dun dun dahhh!

Pyramid

Resized a lil..

edit on 6-8-2012 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

link   
I am really glad this thing landed okay, I was worried about it because it was so hardcore with rockets and everything. This could make or break the US space program, and it feels like now we are on the downhill side of it. From what I read this is a pretty big rover with a lot of stuff on it, about the size of a family car or so.

It would have been quite a sight to watch this rover touch down on mars, like a science fiction movie or something.
edit on 6-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

link   
Update:

Image feed back online!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This is a conspiracy site correct? So let's get this started!

Anyone who was watching live saw that this was the first image as it w
as shown.

What's that in the horizon?! :0
Also notice now how they have changed the official image to a more brighter contrast version where it is harderto make out the horizon!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
WOW!!!
Black and white thumbnails...
You would figure with all of the time we have invested and all of the people working, after the budget, we could have been farther along by now...
If we could have postponed a couple of those bombs in our inventory, we might have people roving mars today.
I'll get my thumbnails online, they're free and they're color at least.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Been under a rock for the past few days? Or just not paying any attention to what has been being explained about what was and is to be expected from Curiosity?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

It's dust on the lens cover.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Takes time to get a signal (i.e. information/transmission/pictures) from one planet to the next. This thing just touched down.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

These are just the hazard cameras in the front and the back of the rover to make sure it didnt land on anything damaging.

The REAL camera is yet to be put into place.

This camera will be color photo along with panoramic style imaging.

So not to be rude.

But hold your horses. The best has yet to come!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Now I'm just waiting for the usual bunch of ATS jokers to come on & make a thread about this all being a hoax & we didn't really go to Mars & the pics coming in were taken from some sound stage in a Utah desert or something LoL. It's inevitable

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
OK lets get started! I don't see any anomalies on the first photos, but what do you think the ramifications are of putting a nuclear powered vehicle on another planet? I bet if the grays are watching, this is the straw that broke the camels back!
edit on 8/6/12 by iwontrun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh i know, hence the smile face.
I`m sure a thread will pop up soon about how it is a structure of some sorts.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
WOW!!!
Black and white thumbnails...
You would figure with all of the time we have invested and all of the people working, after the budget, we could have been farther along by now...
If we could have postponed a couple of those bombs in our inventory, we might have people roving mars today.
I'll get my thumbnails online, they're free and they're color at least.

Those are low-resolution "hazcam" images, the only images which have been transmitted *immediately* after the landing. They serve merely the purpose of confirming whether the lander landed properly.

It could take several hours (up to 2 days) until NASA can safely deploy its mast and activate all the other HD, stereo etc. cameras. First priority now is to make sure everything is well and safe.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by iwontrun
OK lets get started! I don't see any anomalies on the first photos, but what do you think the ramifications of putting a nuclear powered vehicle on another planet? I bet if the grays are watching, this is the straw that broke the camels back!

It's not really nuclear powered, it gets power off of radioactivity. It doesn't have a reactor on it or anything, same power source as the voyager probes.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Yes, so now we've found a safer alternative for spent reactor fuel? Not trolling just starting a discussion about the radiation issue on Martian soil.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Drinking game anyone?

1. Shot for everytime someone says the word 'pyramid'
2. Shot for everytime someone mentions Richard C Hoagland
3. Shot for everytime someone crops and resizes a rock in photoshop and says it's a skull or fossil
4. Shot for everytime NASA reframe or recolor a photograph and a new thread is opened on ATS about it
5. Shot for everytime a person says they are dissappointed in the results
6. Down the whole bottle if we actually see a real alien

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by iwontrun
reply to post by RSF77

Yes, so now we've found a safer alternative for spent reactor fuel? Not trolling just starting a discussion about the radiation issue on Martian soil.

I'm not sure, but I don't think that would last as long as plutonium and would probably be a lot more heavy and expensive to propel into space.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Oh the irony when they finally roll forward and there's a dead alien in the tire track!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

Something like this?

I should have done something with Curiosity instead of a house but...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Just looked it up its pretty cool too its called... A Multi-Mission Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator... haha crazy sounding isnt it?

Made from Plutonium 238 im pretty certain.

So could this thing, if possible, be turned into a dirty bomb if they wanted to make it go boom?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join