It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Landed!!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Hey nice pick up man. Good job

Wait for it..................or exhaust ports 5 4 3 2 1......................

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Q. You know what is most interesting about that image, that no one has seemed to have noticed?

A. The Geometric pits/trenches/shadows on the ground in front of the mountain. Look at the floor.

edit on 6-8-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I would rather know what's happenening on Mars than to know who wins American Idol or who wins the Presidency of the sheeple. The problem with the world is... most are still stuck in the Matrix.

I would gladly sacrifice myself for ONE day on the Martian surface for the gain of knowledg for humanity as a whole.

I would spend 10 billion dollars for future research on this amazing planet. Rather spend one penny to help an already doomed economy.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

Bing bing bing bing!!!!!!!!

And the prize goes to "TheCaucasianAmerican"

Crowds cheers, fan-fair, crying houswives etc etc etc.

I totally agree buddy, I would give my left nut.

could not have put it better myself.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
reply to post by jhn7537

I would rather know what's happenening on Mars than to know who wins American Idol or who wins the Presidency of the sheeple. The problem with the world is... most are still stuck in the Matrix.

I would gladly sacrifice myself for ONE day on the Martian surface for the gain of knowledg for humanity as a whole.

I would spend 10 billion dollars for future research on this amazing planet. Rather spend one penny to help an already doomed economy.

I agree that researching another planet is VERY interesting, but I never like the idea of NASA running anything (never a straight answer).... Question is, if they do find something interesting will we know about it or will it be kept away from us??

Question about the shots coming back... Are they live, what we see, everyone is seeing (including NASA) or is it delayed??

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

I agree that researching another planet is VERY interesting, but I never like the idea of NASA running anything (never a straight answer).... Question is, if they do find something interesting will we know about it or will it be kept away from us??

Question about the shots coming back... Are they live, what we see, everyone is seeing (including NASA) or is it delayed??

Now we're talkin!
Fair questions both of them,
and that's why I want as many eyes watching NASA as possible.

This is the way to criticize NASA not by dismissing the entire space program.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

*I take a bow*

It saddens me greatly that ANYONE wouldn't want to go to Mars...
And it saddens me more anyone would doubt NASA's abilities to bring that little shred of happiness to a once great species. Not to mention hope... *sigh*

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537 Question is, if they do find something interesting will we know about it or will it be kept away from us??

i was just musing on similar thoughts. what if they got back an image of a 100% clearly artificial structure? do you think they'd just 'publish and be damned' or keep a lid on it? maybe all the recent mainstream talk of (the possibilities of) life outside of earth would mean more chance we'd get to see what might previously have been non-disclosable (hypothetically speaking). would be cool anyway

edit on 6/8/12 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

If they really wanted a coverup... think about this one.

Do you really think they would let their staff carry their cell phones on them. Let alone have twitter,facebook, or youtube. If anyone is going to lie to us on this one I doubt it will be NASA. Most of them are young adults just as I am. You think they would be dying to be the first to leak anything.

My bet goes to the guy with the mowhawk!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

The problem with general public is the definition of interesting is very different to science. What the public would call 'interesting' is probable more about 'aliens' from sci-fi movies than science discoveries.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Not sure if its been posted yet or not....most likely has been already but here are 60 pics of a slideshow

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
While all is speculation until proven, i see some wanting science well can anyone explain this picture from mars to me i'd like to be enlightened. I've even left the CO so you can look on Google Mars for yourself.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Anyone know why they picked a deep crater to land in? I would think they could have picked a lot more interesting landing site. Now this rover has to climb out of this crater. Am I missing the landing value of this site?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jaysbot

Your going to have to explain what you want us to look at.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jaysbot

Sorry , but what are we looking at there ?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

That's the entire point to the mission . They want to start low and work there way up the sedimentary levels of the ridge .

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

You tell me... anyone from a science background care to explain?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Komodo

I just saw the stream on RT this morning and I didn't see any color whatsoever.. unless there's a different RT news that I don't know of .. or unless the 'cam' your talking about is NOT video ..

What? So you think there is one camera on Curiosity? Brilliant.
Congratulations on your wonderful demonstration of ignorance.
edit on 8/6/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

thx for the Gratz~!

and no...so.. I assumed there were at least 3, 2 cam's and 1 Video cam ..

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jaysbot

Looks to me like an off topic post...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Bad link
edit on 6-8-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join