It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Has Landed!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox666
I cant believe people fall for this crap.

There is no "remote control car" on mars. There is no mission, no aliens, no pictures, no "flawless landing", no breakthrough. In all likely-hood...there may not even be a Mars.

TPTB is just taking advantage of our imagination and running with it. Wake up

it seems as though you woke up,

with bathsalts.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

There is no "remote control car" on mars. There is no mission, no aliens, no pictures, no "flawless landing", no breakthrough. In all likely-hood...there may not even be a Mars.

No, there is a Mars, but every time I buy one it gets smaller, explain that!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Are all ~15,500 of your posts as intelligent as these last few? Take a deep breath and do a little reading to find out what is going on before making yourself look even more like a fool.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
its a can of worms - just crazy
look what s happening
of all egg-faced shamers , you'll be laughed into space
even I can see the funny side - there is one, but this ?
its super-ridiculous - bonkers even from any point of view , it doesnt apparently matter what kind of divide it creates, they'll be ringfenced , in fact they tripped the snare , not me or us, it seems at the moment.
a theoretical snare then so be it
there is no defending the indefensible , thats a fact of war as well , facts
you dont make a loop then hang yerself dummies

But yeah I will see things differently again tomorrow or after that , and , what i said before

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

What on Earth or Mars are you talking about? What you just wrote is unintelligible.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

I think this may be a clue:

But yeah I will see things differently again tomorrow or after that

...or whenever he comes down.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Anybody see this little beauty!!! Photographed from the Mars Recon Orbiter WOW!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ha, let's hope so! For a minute there, I thought I was having a migraine.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Wow, Curiosity just landed last night, and already 12 pages. I got into the excitement of the successful landing. This mission interests me because Curiosity was sent to a valley to a check out a "mountain". It appears there is something that looks like a mountain in the background and from what I've read its the only "mountain" in that entire valley, and the specific objective of Curiosity (besides taking "natural" radiation samples" is to explore that "mountain"

I keep hoping, that NASA will disclose everything they see, but I find it unlikely, but who knows, Odyssey was the name of Arthur C. Clark's book 2001 in which artifacts of intelligent life were discovered on the moon and elsewhere (in this case, near Jupiter) but, have been fascinated with Mars since the 1976 Viking mission when NASA themselves stated at a press conference that they had discovered proof of intelligent life on Mars (no, not me or any conspiracy theorists-- NASA.) of course, they retracted their statement later, reminding me of when the military (again, not conspiracy theorists) stated at a press conference that the crash near Roswell Base was the remains of an alien flying saucer, and then retracted their statement later saying it was just the remains of a weather balloon.

Remaining optimistic, and yes, I know I will be blasted by many here for believing in E.T.'s, and that they are here, and that there is a Mars connection. And yes, I will bring up Richard C. Hoagland, just so all you "skeptics" can take a shot of Whisky, although I would suggest Rum, since its American made.

REBEL V

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I think this may be a clue:

But yeah I will see things differently again tomorrow or after that

...or whenever he comes down.

I dont think that post is within the rules .

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I also think you are breaking rules you dont even know about .
Lets leave it up to all of us to do the thinking . Thankyou Phage

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I know it seems obvious, that yes there is something on the horizon. And yes it's easy for your eyes to play tricks and want to see things, after careful study of the first released photos of the MarsCuriosty landing i indeed believe there is alot more here than can be easily explained. Now we can all calm down from the initial excitement of the landing lets look at this image more closely.

I think something is off here, when zoomed a distinct right angle appears and two distinct vertical lines to me it looks like an outline of a structure.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebelv

Mars since the 1976 Viking mission when NASA themselves stated at a press conference that they had discovered proof of intelligent life on Mars

That's news to me. Could you enlighten me perhaps?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Just 8 Megapixel? You would think if they send another rover to mars, they would put a cam on that bad boy that exclipses the one on my f*cking cellphone.

How many damn times does it have to be explained??
And this 8mpixel camera blows the # out of any cellphone out there. Hell even a several generations old 3MP DSLR one does as well since optics and noise levels sucks with cell phones. You wont be able to use even half of those mpixels in your cell phone.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Are you a troll or are just incredible stupid?? Funny how I have looked at Mars through my own telescope.
But I guess that is just a holographic projection eh?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jaysbot

I think it might be dust on the lens, but because it is the same shade as the ground, it gives the effect that something is 'sitting' on the horizon, when the rest of it's 'body' is contrasted against the sky.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebelv
Wow, Curiosity just landed last night, and already 12 pages. I got into the excitement of the successful landing.

Remaining optimistic, and yes, I know I will be blasted by many here for believing in E.T.'s, and that they are here, and that there is a Mars connection. And yes, I will bring up Richard C. Hoagland, just so all you "skeptics" can take a shot of Whisky, although I would suggest Rum, since its American made.

REBEL V

I believe the rum I am drinking right now is made in Jamaica. I am not aware of many american made rums except if you consider Puerto Rico as part of America.... any way I believe in rum. I can see it. Taste it. Experience it... Can't say the same for Aliens. Although I wonder how one would taste. Probably a little gamey...

Anyway back to the case in point. Maybe the rover will find something interesting. I do not find rocks and pebbles to be very interesting. Life, technology, even some kind of fossils would be a very interesting find. But to find that I think we would need a rover that could go beneath the surface...

Maybe that is just the rum talking...
edit on 6-8-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: Forgot the rum

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

The statement was released by NASA on July 31st, 1976. Does everyone here have to prove already established facts? or is possible someone can use Google, or is that not an accepted form of research. I was 11 years old at the time and I remember it very well. My date could be off, but only by a day or two.

REBEL V

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaysbot
I know it seems obvious, that yes there is something on the horizon. And yes it's easy for your eyes to play tricks and want to see things, after careful study of the first released photos of the MarsCuriosty landing i indeed believe there is alot more here than can be easily explained. Now we can all calm down from the initial excitement of the landing lets look at this image more closely.

I think something is off here, when zoomed a distinct right angle appears and two distinct vertical lines to me it looks like an outline of a structure.

What do you think?

When you have an image on a computer those right angles will appear, they don't accurately reflect what is actually there. Yea that spot on the camera does look odd, but I think it is just dust on the shield.

Look, same landscape in the second picture without the lens shield on right down to the position of the rocks that the camera is pointed towards. There doesn't seem to be a factory on the horizon.

i.usatoday.net...
edit on 6-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

It appears in both the right and left cameras so it's not likely to be dust on the lens covers. More likely a distant peak. Or perhaps a boulder on the other side of a rise.

edit on 8/6/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join