It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Consciousness During Curiosity Landing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Lots of streams up, countless people communicating online about the same upcoming event, applications running in sync with a spacecraft 150 million miles away... it feels really special.

What if humans could focus this kind of attention/interest to a common goal all of the time? Would be really wonderful. People think that science is something that scientists do. It could be something we all do. When there is a part needed... person x who is a mechanic during the day may know just the thing. When a creative solution is needed.... person y who had experience in the food industry might have the perfect idea. Let's say we decided to come up with the perfect artificial heart next year. I would be willing to bet that someone from the auto industry, someone with experience designing engines and pumps would have as more or more to contribute than random heart doctor z.

Can you imagine if as humans we simply identified a problem or issue, and then addressed it as a global consciousness until it was solved, and then did it all over again until we lived in a utopia? What a world it could be! Humanity operating like this seems like a much better fit with respect to the transhuman/singularity-kind-of future we will inevitably have than the current economy/corporate career paradigm.
edit on 8/5/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I completely agree man.
I also know that a lot of people are just not there yet to understand how to build a better future. While that may differ between cultures and people (what could constitute a better future) I think there's things humans can focus on as a whole to benefit each other.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It is very exciting to me being able to watch this live. I remember watching Columbia blow up. I have watched countless launches of the space shuttle and numerous rockets. I watch the sky over my lake when there is a launch in Florida so I am watching firsthand most of the time. This is different.

I am part of a group of people who believe in what you describe as far as people coming together to solve problems. It is called OPEN SOURCE. Youtube may have a bad wrap, but it's beginnings came from guys like me showing everyone how we do things. I don't make money off the videos and none of my friends do either. We do it for the greater good. We don't tell Jews they can't watch. We don't care if you are gay. We care less if you commercialize our idea, in fact, more power to you.

The problem lies in patents because people think when they invent something they will instantly be rich. That is either extremely lucky or total fantasy. The more reliable outcome of experimentation is debt not income. Money is not what drives us. We do our work so others can build on our ideas and improve them. In that way we become a part of the future, but not our name.

Most people are selfish and only want notoriety forgetting that others helped them get where they are. Others want money. Very few will accept another person profiting from their work. When you are unselfish and do things for the greater good you are part of the Global Consciousness that allows you to tap into another energy.

That energy is mostly felt in dreams. It usually has to do with problem solving. You need only train yourself to ask the right questions before sleeping and wake when you get an answer in your dream. A lot of my groups have encountered this same thing in their dreams. It is amazing what we are capable of.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
that would be something amazing wouldnt it!

a global consciousness communication would fix a whole lot of things!.. and i do think that in the utopia that is ahead for us humans this is something that could be used?!

but indeed i do think that things would be better if humans could focus on one thing or problem and be able to solve that problem or accomplish that one thing.. if it were focused on a global scale....

the more power in the greater number!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It's the future I was expecting, to be honest.

I'm tired of digital money problems, environmental destruction, senseless shootings and conspiracy after conspiracy.

Drives me insane.

I wish we could all focus on something productive and stop trying to scam one another to make a dollar. Enough with the fine print.

I hope Curiosity works and I hope it finds life. Anything that will wake people up and get the economy rolling properly.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Gratz to everyone! Looks like a success!

What a great thing to watch!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

The "Global Consciousness Project" uses the correlation in 'random' numbers measured from a quantum field effect device from a network of random number generators across the globe to study phenomena like this. 

Some links:

www.wired.com...

noosphere.princeton.edu...

noosphere.princeton.edu...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
Lots of streams up, countless people communicating online about the same upcoming event, applications running in sync with a spacecraft 150 million miles away... it feels really special.

What if humans could focus this kind of attention/interest to a common goal all of the time? Would be really wonderful. People think that science is something that scientists do. It could be something we all do. When there is a part needed... person x who is a mechanic during the day may know just the thing. When a creative solution is needed.... person y who had experience in the food industry might have the perfect idea. Let's say we decided to come up with the perfect artificial heart next year. I would be willing to bet that someone from the auto industry, someone with experience designing engines and pumps would have as more or more to contribute than random heart doctor z.

Can you imagine if as humans we simply identified a problem or issue, and then addressed it as a global consciousness until it was solved, and then did it all over again until we lived in a utopia? What a world it could be! Humanity operating like this seems like a much better fit with respect to the transhuman/singularity-kind-of future we will inevitably have than the current economy/corporate career paradigm.
edit on 8/5/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

This is why all knowledge should be free and easly accessible I would like this kind of world very much!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I am grateful for the achievient, the future of space endeavors and the unity provided on our planet in response to this event.
Maybe we can start dreaming again:

top topics

join