It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My recurring dream...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
that I never really thought about til now...

Starts off, I cannot tell if it is just before sunrise or just after sunset...sky is kinda darking bluish purplish...

I can see when I look up directly overhead what looks like meteors falling (falling stars), except there are about 20-30 "tracks" for lack of a better word...several what looks like comets...

Then, I am in a car/truck/some sort of vehicle, watching the same thing again...in a parking lot. Don't know where...

Cut to... now I'm in some sort of a seemingly man made "trench"...concrete on the left, bottom and right, with and open top...again (or still) watching same (or perhaps different) meteors falling...

then, Black helicopters coming in carrying what seems to be grates...or some sort of cage for the top of the "trench" i'm in...building a cage around me...other people seem to be with/near me, but no one else seems to be panicking...but I seem to be

I have had this same dream several times over the last few months...not sure when it started, but have definately been paying attention over the last few days...seems like I've had it every night for almost two weeks now...
edit on 5-8-2012 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It sounds like you are feeling trapped right now. Most likely you are taking on a life changing move like marriage and starting to feel trapped. I don't think it is a dream of doom. I think your brain is just trying to deal with your insecurity. I think you are afraid to take on responsibility. It could be job related, but it sounds more personal so my guess is marriage.

Just remember that your brain goes through stages at night while you sleep that helps you deal with issues you encounter during the day. In our earlier development it helped up figure out ways to avoid prey animals and change our tactics as needed to survive. Our unconscious/subconscious mind is unencumbered by external input. That allows all of the brain to be used as a computer to run scenarios and possible outcomes. It's like having access to all of the computers in a network after quitting time to crunch numbers.

It is hard to understand dreams because of the imagination of the dreamer. Our brain tends to operate in pictures or scenes like a movie. You have to learn what things represent in dreams to understand what a dream means. When you dream of falling it is not because you think you might fall off the roof tomorrow. Falling represents uncertainty or helplessness. Confinement is being trapped not that you are worried about getting locked in the bathroom.

Or it could be about The Man coming to take you to a ditch and put you and your neighbors in it.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

I would agree with you 100% if my personal life was different right now. I am in no way contemplating getting married, nor have I taken on a new job recently.

I know that these kinds of personal events can affect our dreams...but I personally don't think that this is the case...

I've always heard that if you fall to your death in your dreams that you could die in your sleep...I take it that isn't true?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

It is true. Your heart can stop or you can stop breathing if you get too scared. I have had it happen, but you wake up immediately and your conscious mind takes over and you start breathing. It is a way of you understanding the severity of the subject of the dream.

So if you are not facing a life changing event it must be related to a movie or story you recently saw/heard that worries you. That is not much of a stretch especially on these websites. Just reading a newspaper these days could lead to any number of nightmares.

new topics

top topics

join