It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people snapping lately?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I am hearing people shout about gun control but mass shooting has not been an issue for very long. People in the USA have been armed from day one. Guns are not the problem but what is?

My theory is that our society has become so infatiuated with exceptionalism and getting richer that the stress and isolation is causing people to snap. As children get into high school it seems pressure to excel grows and grows untill retirement. A traditional marriage where children have a parent at home doesnt exist anymore. At one time a family could get by with a single income and a homemaker now no ones there. A home seems more and more like a place to lay your head and not a place of warmth. Is society growing too cold for individualism causing a tightness that cannot be described until it begins to fray and snap.Traditionally, families didnt move far away but stayed in the same location for years and years where neihbors children played.Now the average child spends most of their time inside alone.

What has become of us?
what is your theory?

Dont flame me about gun control because everyone knows thats not the issue its just part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
humans are influenced by the planets more than some believe lunacy etc could be that to

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
People started to snap when they introduced us to Rice Crispies.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
humans are influenced by the planets more than some believe lunacy etc could be that to

Yeah wonder what they knew when the word lunatic came about?

“LUNATIC”

This word comes from the Latin ‘luna’ meaning a moon and can mean someone who goes mad with the changes of the moon.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
i have noticed over the years every time there is a full moon the bars are quite full and the nutters seem to be out .all the hospitals report an increase in numbers

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

Dear Shaiker,

We have become impatient, we want what we want and we want it now. If we don't get what we want, we fly into a rage because we believe in doing what we feel when we feel it. We no longer promote urge control or morality. We promote instant gratification and personal morality, you get to choose what is right based on the effect it will have on your happiness.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

The catalyst is usually a MK ultra mind control drone. Then copy cats.

Maybe the power struggles behind the scenes are ramping up?. Damn elite scum.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Its called a weak mind and inability to handle stress.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

Read Russ Dizdar's The Black Awakening book.

And it's only just begun.

My own humble opinion.

Also go to two sites: Shatter The Darkness dot com and L. A. Marzulli's blog.

Read their books as well as Douglas Hamp's Corrupting The Image and maybe you will gain a insight into what is currently going on and what is coming.

PS: I get no money or discount for these pricey books...............none. But they are well worth investigating.

Safe journey.
edit on 6-8-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I actually was having this exact conversation wtih a friend earlier tonight and I have some theories.

First lf all we are under a lot more stress than our ancestors were. Sure, they had pressures... but those pressures were not of the 24/7/365 variety. You hunted, planted, harvested... all hard work to be sure... but you got breaks during the off seasons. Our world never stops. it is 24/7/365. Even our entertainment choices often reflect high stress and high emotion issues that get us involved on a personal level.

We never escape the onslaught of stress.

Add to that the breakdown of the community/family structure that has existed for most of human history. A hundred years ago most folks lived in small towns where they knew everybody and were probably related to a large portion of their town. These days? Many of us don't even know our neighbors... there is huge disconnect in interpersonal interaction these days. We're all too busy, afraid, and isolated to be very social.

Take a person with problems and throw them into that mix and you've got a recipe for a blow-up.

I'm sure that we've always had random nut-jobs who'd snap and do stupid things. But there were many checks and balances, pre industrial age - to offset that. I mean it's harder to shoot up a town where half of the residents are your cousins and brothers....

We have this saying "Living at the speed of life".. and while it's much more entertaining and rewarding in some wayus, it is also much more precarious of a way to life. The penthouse can lead to the poorhouse quickly - especially in a hyper competetive world, such as ours.

Some folks just cannot take the stresses and we get these spasms of violence from people who probably could have found other coping methods had they been part of a tighter, more united, more open community.

Just my thoughts...

~Heff

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
There is a huge decline in compassion for eachother combined with fianancial stress, disease, marital stress, lack of faith, greed, drugs cigs alcohol etc etc etc

I wouldn't be surprised if these mass shooters are on SSRIs or other pharmaceuticals.
Misdiagnosis and abuse can have massive consequences. God help us all

At my school in late 80s they were trying out new pharms. like ritalin or w'e. In my opinion, some of those people had no problems other than high energy..
Sugar kings lol
edit on 6-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Dear Hefficide,

I am going to have to disagree with you partially.

First lf all we are under a lot more stress than our ancestors were. Sure, they had pressures... but those pressures were not of the 24/7/365 variety. You hunted, planted, harvested... all hard work to be sure... but you got breaks during the off seasons. Our world never stops. it is 24/7/365. Even our entertainment choices often reflect high stress and high emotion issues that get us involved on a personal level. We never escape the onslaught of stress.

Let us consider the beginning of the industrial revolution. It was much worse then, the hours were longer and the living conditions were horrible. One thing that was different was that we didn't live as long. This might lead one to conclude that longer lives mean we are more likely to reach our breaking point, but the people who seem to lose it are not older, they are younger and younger. The man in Aurora was young, he did not face nor had he had a life of 24/7/365 pressure that was all work, he chose to attend college and chose to leave.

People snap because they have become impatient, they believe their urges are the most important thing in the world. I agree that the destruction of the family and community are at the root of this, that and a morality that is based on cost benefit to self. Most people are sheep, they just want to live comfortably. They will trade safety for freedom. The destruction of the family is to blame. You are right about that. Children need family to learn to care about others. I used to say that we learn love from our parents and forgiveness from our children. I still believe that and when either or both are lacking, we become selfish. IMHO.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

Why are people snapping lately?

Because the ‘God Particle’ which is really the ‘God frequencies’ is being practiced on the populace every day….gearing up for the big day.

Think of when the god particle/ultimate god like brain receiving frequencies was so called discovered, and the after dates of event that followed.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
we are poor and tired.....we know how and why our leaders lie...we see the hell on earth they cause and know it is not for the BS stories they tell us.

We can't take it anymore.....they are the scum of the earth and it is all crystal clear that their aim is to hurt us.

We hate our government for targeting us, threatening us, poisoning us, and being just A holes in general. Them being traitorous scum is not helping either. Corporate world is scum and we want them gone....or dead....for helping those A holes and corrupting our good people until they are as big scum bags as them.....

That's why. It's hard to be all happy sunshine BS when you realize how utterly ruined our planet and our people are. It shows a degree of insanity to not notice.....

edit on 6-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I do completely agree with you and thought that I'd included a specific statement about the industial revolution changing things from an agrarian type of life. Unfortunately, as happens here, I pushed the wrong key, while typing, and lost a large portion of my text. In recreating what I'd written I now see that I failed to mention this my second time around.

Good eye! And thanks for making that distinction. it is a very important aspect of my argument and I do appreciate you adding it!

~Heff

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Dear Hefficide,

Thank you so very much for your kinds words. Peace.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

before i read the responses, here's my own. you asked ...

What has become of us?
in one word, desensitized.

what is your theory?
hmmmm, that's a big question.
we, the human race, have lost touch with everything and everyone around us, literally.
yes, we talk (sometimes), share some details, drinks, food and the like ... however, my mate and i were just discussing this the other day and his response actually made sense on more levels than one after i stopped laughing.

he said (as we had a power outage) ... what are ppl gonna do ?? (implying that we have -0- internet, power, refrigeration, a/c, heat, you know ... conveniences of which we've become accustomed) ... are they gonna run around the streets with a fist full of pictures (photo books), chasing strangers down and shoving pics in their faces ... all the while asking --> do ya like it ???

what happened to "personal interactions" ??
they've been reduced to soundbytes and skype.

what happened to "teamwork" ??
the famous saying years ago was ... "there's no 'i' in the word team"
today ... there are funnies that point out the 'i' in team.
[if you haven't seen it, look at the empty space of capital A, that's the "i", so is said]

officers used to shake hands, not anymore, don't even try or you might get arrested.
hugging wasn't "illegal", especially between children.

many, if not most children are taught separatism from the moment of birth, given the obvious, what did we expect?

children are not taught the most basic fact of life ... often, by helping others, you help yourself.
parents quit being parents years ago and now those children are having children.
since parents can only teach that which they know, what else did we expect ??

every creature has a "breaking point" and for all the years of my life, the "scientists" among us have been trying to identify/quantify/calculate and predict such a point ... they just haven't had perpetual success, yet.

our children are taught to kill from such a young age, it's no wonder they are desensitized.
i cannot remember a period of 10yrs that our children haven't been off killing other children with nothing more than "orders" to guide them.
honestly, what else did we expect ??

this "broken home" syndrome is just that, a syndrome, not a cause.
broken homes have been a feature of this country since the Revolutionary war and i'm not buying it's worse today than it was then ... except for the generational abusers of public assistance but as mentioned above, parents can only teach what they know and who's fault is that ??

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

So much of what you say is true. When we do things that bring up the frequency of vibration of our bodies higher than our minds can handle we become overpowering and desensitized, trying to protect our beliefs and knowledge even though they have gotten distorted. Humility is needed to straighten this out along with a period of fasting. Another problem is when people eat too much foods that lower liver function and the liver quits detoxing the body. Sort of the same thing happens, people get Kranky because they are sick. Too high of a metabolism or too low of a metabolism is no good. Kids in their teens have higher metabolism but are often disruptive or defiant. When they hit their twenties they are supposed to settle down but for some reason they aren't. I blame it on eating too many things that stimulate metabolism. It desensitizes people and makes them self centered, messing up their third eye as some call it. These High metabolism people make tons of mistakes and most often shift the blame. They run Wall street and have a big presence in the upper levels of corporations where they boost profits in the short term but ultimately destroy the corporation and possibly economies. I'd hate to have my name associated with a failed corporation in the history books. What a disgrace that would be. There is no possible way our world economies will ever recover with these people in charge.

I try to make sense of the stuff from China and India and compare it to what I have read here in America. Somethings don't translate effectively when Ying and Yang are studied.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There is only 136 days left to 12 12 2012.

Stresses are going to be running high to to anxieties that we may be seeing the end of the world.

edit on 6-8-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
heh, what a perfectly timed thread...

I am incredibly peaceful and all my close friends are the same... on Saturday night I went out with one of my friends to a bar/club, and even before we got out of the car I could feel the snappy atmosphere and told my friend about it and she said she was thinking the same thing.

Within 30 mins a guy tried to pick a fight with me, I am not afraid of facing idiots like him and then he started being racist as well (I'm South American) at that point I lost all interest in even bothering with him, he was so full of rage when I had not shown him any in return.

And I agree with previous posts about the effect the moon has, I have seen the pattern as well... even when I was involved with Occupy, everytime a fight developed, instead of dicussing the why and how it started it became obvious these fights only happened under a full moon, so now is like: "wtf happened yesterday?" "full moon mate"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join