It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox "News" Complains US Athletes Aren`t Patriotic Enough

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Fox Complains Gabby Douglas And Other American Olympians Not Showing Enough Patriotism

Why? Because they`re not wearing enough red, white, and blue.

This is the "flag lapel pin" and "not enough flags arranged behind the podium" divisiveness from Faux News all over again. Now Fox is questioning the patriotism of the US Olympic athletes - in spite of the fact they've already won 54 gold medals for their country (as of this Saturday), and in spite of the fact these athletes have dedicated the last 4 years of their lives to prepare for these events, even when some of them could have gone pro in their sport.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Patriotism is just about illegal in the US and too much of it can land you on a No-Fly list as well as an investigation into your life...just to make sure you aren't a terrorist of course.

Bumper stickers, flags and lapel pins...all taboo items now.

And Fox says they aren't 'Patriotic' enough? I'd say just enough to not be seen as 'Patriotic'

Peace

edit on 5-8-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Fox is more than welcome to train for the next Olympics and represent their country. But they won't.
edit on 5-8-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

edit on 5-8-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yeah, this had to be on Fox. Being blindly patriotic is the worst thing you could ever do for your country. You should constructively criticize it every chance you get. People that drape themselves in American flags tend to be the most unintelligent people I've ever encountered.

A flag is nothing more than a socially acceptable gang sign anyway.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
FOX News: "We're glad you're winning medals for our glorious nation, however, we need you to make sure the world knows it is indeed an American victory, and not yours."

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Are you kidding me? You must live in a fantasy. A patriotic society is an easily controllable one. Patriotism is the reason why Americans accepted the Iraq war.

All school children are nearly forced to say the pledge of allegiance starting at the age of 4-5 EVERYDAY

American flags are flown at every single publicly owned building.

It is common to see people flying flags on their house

You can go to any walmart and go buy a flag pin.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AvrilDupre

Isn't Fox news supposed to be extremely against collectivism? Yet they have no problem undermining the champions idividual accomplishments.

They're basically saying "You didn't win the medal, the state did".

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's FOX "news" they bring stupidity to a whole new level. Maybe someone should ask them how patriotic is it to work at a station that supports wars that are directly against our constitution?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

A flag is nothing more than a socially acceptable gang sign anyway.

No...your wrong.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Oh really?

Debate me. You will lose.

Tell me why I am wrong.
edit on 5-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Fox Complains Gabby Douglas And Other American Olympians Not Showing Enough Patriotism

This is the "flag lapel pin" and "not enough flags arranged behind the podium" divisiveness from Faux News all over again. Now Fox is questioning the patriotism of the US Olympic athletes - in spite of the fact they've already won 54 gold medals for their country (as of this Saturday), and in spite of the fact these athletes have dedicated the last 4 years of their lives to prepare for these events, even when some of them could have gone pro in their sport.

What a stupid bimbo. Why aren't people chanting USA USA? Because it's taking place in England you moron. The other guy is just stupid enough to be used as a tool.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Faux news will only think you are patriotic if you kill a lot of foreigners and
report your neighbors to the authorities for not being patriotic enough.

Sound familiar?
edit on 5-8-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by jude11

Are you kidding me? You must live in a fantasy. A patriotic society is an easily controllable one. Patriotism is the reason why Americans accepted the Iraq war.

All school children are nearly forced to say the pledge of allegiance starting at the age of 4-5 EVERYDAY

American flags are flown at every single publicly owned building.

It is common to see people flying flags on their house

You can go to any walmart and go buy a flag pin.

Me thinks you aren't paying attention to the World around you. And I said 'Taboo'...very big difference to 'Not Allowed' or 'Illegal'

Sure you can buy any of the items but reading the other posts and researching a bit further sees the items in question. Happening more and more.

Pins:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Flags:

Bumper Stickers:

Got Ron Paul? Don't Tread on me? And many more...Too many instances to link....

These all have put many people in the 'Suspicious' zone in the eyes of LEO's.

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Oh really?

Debate me. You will lose.

Tell me why I am wrong.
edit on 5-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

With that logic, having a Rosary, is a gang symbol.......

Jake Balthazor, 15, of Coon Rapids, Minnesota was told to take off a rosary that he wore as a sign of support of his cancer-ridden grandmother. The reason? No, not the separation of church and state. It is because a gang uses the rosary as a gang symbol and teachers did not want any trouble.

Minnesota Student Ordered To Remove Rosary As Gang Symbol

ANYTHING can be used, as a symbol for spreading hatred, or love. Flag included.

Personally, I think there's enough, red white, and blue, represented at the Olympics. MHO

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I'm sure you can philosophically rationalize your opinions on every subject you "win" debates in. But a Nations flag carries meaning which has depth and weight to its principals....a gang will choose a color that's available, becuse the others are taken. Now tell me how Ole Glory is gang like.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Actually, no, a flag and any item of significance to any group, including gang signs are the same....They are tangible objects chosen or crafted to express a set of ideals for the group that others outside the group will or should recognize. A flag is different you say....Not a problem, but in the navy one gang sign IS a flag....just happens to be black and white. It doesn't matter if it is a headband or a flag, if it has root symbolism from a group, then it is all the same.
edit on 5-8-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I'm sure you are aware of how flags came to be, lighter versions of clan/tribal crests. The crest was initially placed on armor and shields, then went to cloth to inform the challenging army who they were facing. How is that not a gang sign? How does that not go back to the root of the intent, to inform your foe who they were facing?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

I recall hearing this argument years ago in an attempt to trample our nations flag. The "Bloods" choosing red to symbolize the blood that spill from his homies gat does not equal the meaning a nation state will assign to its flag. And basing your logic on a gang banger calling his gas station bought dew rag a flag is pathetic to say the least.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
They should give them all m-16s and smear oil under each eye.

Maybe like an epic liberty spike mohawk in alternating red, white, blue with Mission Accomplished crimped across it

or maybe Fox should just stop being such a nagging cesspit of bs and agenda.

Who is qualified to tell another american they aren't patriotic enough?

pffft save it for your blog.
edit on 5-8-2012 by Lysergic because: stupid fingers

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join