It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear Square-like object interacting with Sun Flare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Indeed, nice illustration of the matter, good post.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Maybe next post you could use the phrase Ad Hominem once more and look even more stupid? Unfortunately this is often the most effective way to deal with stupid people.
As for the video, two very vague edges at nearly right angles form for one instant in an ever undulating flow of plasma and it constitutes a 'clear square-like object' (sic)? And you expect people to take time to realistically argue scientific theories for it?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
sticking with the posters Original Post he states

"I have another thread on a related topic, but this one is so clear an image I thought it deserved it's own thread. Did a search and couldn't find any other threads on it.

(apparently he looked this up but was unable to find information on it)

Anyway, a short video for all those time challenged folks, shows clearly a square-like object, and it is given perspective by the flare seemingly interacting with it - it is just above the surface of the Sun - hence must be at least planet sized.

( although incorrect in o so many ways lol, this was his "guess" on what it was or at least the size and unless proven incorrect, we can only assume his guess is as good as anybodys)

Astrophysics and electromagnetics are not specialities of mine, however I DO know there is no currently accepted "acknowledged" reason as to why a square would appear there and be interacting with the Sun's discharges. Enjoy:

(the poster even states he has no knowledge in these areas of science) although follows that good statement with a somewhat unscientific phrase, because personally i can think of many scientific ways the square can interact with the suns discharges)

BUT ANYWAY

Ive already posted the scientific reasoning (at least my guess) of why that vague square appeared. No need to retaliate against the poster. He posted what he thought about it, and it "is" in fact a "mystery" of sorts, and this is ATS. a forum based on stuff out of the norm. So i dont see why hes getting so much hate thats all.

im not taking sides, i just think everyone has a right to an opinion.

THIS IS GETTING OFF TOPIC!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think the square shape really isn't even there, to me it looks like it is being made from two flare points. one is in the foreground (the left side) and one in the background (right side of square). the one in the background is a much darker color and you can kind of make out how the flames are overlaying from the picture. To me this is just an optical illusion from seeing a 3 dimensional object in 2D.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Op, I'll help you here......

"You know now you can sometimes see shapes in clouds, or in the bark of a tree for instance"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join